Showing results 1 to 25 of 369
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Alice in PA[_3_]
Forum: Quilting February 26th 13, 02:10 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Alice in PA[_3_]
OT wedding shower ideas

My daughter-in-law received some beautiful, large houseplants in gorgeous
planters. Also, someone gave her a picnic basket full of picnic
goodies...blanket included. I can't remember what else...
Forum: Quilting February 10th 13, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Alice in PA[_3_]
East Coast members please report

I'm in Pennsylvania. Everyone says to run out and get the
"necessities"....bread, milk and eggs. Is everyone making French Toast???

--
Alice in...
Forum: Quilting October 12th 12, 01:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Happy Birthday, Polly! Keep the laughs coming!

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu
"Lizzy Taylor" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting August 30th 12, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Alice in PA[_3_]
Aurifil vs Mettler thread

I use Aurifil too. It sews well, there's little lint, and I can get WAY
more on a bobbin!

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu
"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO."...
Forum: Quilting July 30th 12, 10:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Alice in PA[_3_]
Games Quilters Play

Pauline,

You can email me at: abonnell @ ptd . net (leave out the spaces) I'll try
to help you out!

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu
"Pauline"...
Forum: Quilting July 30th 12, 04:48 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Alice in PA[_3_]
Games Quilters Play

I'm a little late here, but I've been out of town. My guild had a game day
at our last meeting. The girl in charge did a fantastic job, and everyone
left with smiles and some prizes! First, she...
Forum: Quilting July 18th 12, 06:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Alice in PA[_3_]
Ping Polly

Good luck, Polly! You'll have the medical people rolling on the floor with
your jokes and comments!

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu
"Taria"...
Forum: Quilting July 10th 12, 01:57 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Alice in PA[_3_]
New Machine

I have a Babylock with a larger harp which I love, but one thing I don't
think I could do without anymore is the knee-lift! It's like having a third
hand!!

--
Alice in...
Forum: Quilting June 27th 12, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

OK, Polly. Here's my 2 cents worth! I have a pair of Wiss scissors over 30
years old, bent blades, and my mother gave them to me. The were always my
favorites, and still cut very, very well. I...
Forum: Quilting June 5th 12, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Alice in PA[_3_]
quilt guild retreat activities

Our Guild has played Quilt BINGO...You make the cards with different
quilting terms and items in each square. Or, we've played "identify the
block". Each team or person gets a page with several...
Forum: Quilting April 10th 12, 12:01 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Alice in PA[_3_]
dead sewing machine : (

I, too, have the Babylock Quest. I purchased it after trying many machines,
and after much thought. A couple years after I bought it, it had a
"computer problem"; well, it sewed all by itself!! ...
Forum: Quilting March 5th 12, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Alice in PA[_3_]
Completed projects

The backing of the dolly quilt is pink with monkeys. She liked that better
than the front! She's 18 months old....first girl in our family in 55
years!!!

--
Alice in...
Forum: Quilting March 5th 12, 03:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Oops. The link for the baby quilt for grandson should be:
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2885307400094495901QGCngf

--
oo
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu

You can see the quilt that I made for my new grandson he
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/552392065WeThrM?start=140

The "dolly" quilt for his big sister:...
Forum: Quilting February 13th 12, 01:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Alice in PA[_3_]
Please save me some hours

I just received an email today that Z & S Fabrics currently has Kona Cottons
on sale. They don't appear to have all colors. If you're interested,
here's the link: http://www.zandsfabrics.com/ ...
Forum: Quilting February 12th 12, 08:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Alice in PA[_3_]
Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Barbara......my birthday is Valentine's Day! I don't know
what we'll do yet, but I know I'll be bowling that day....like every other
Tuesday!

--
Alice in...
Forum: Quilting January 4th 12, 04:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I shop there in person too..espescially when they have a sale! I wouldn't
have a problem shopping their online store.

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu
"Hanne in DK"...
Forum: Quilting December 29th 11, 02:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Alice in PA[_3_]
Pati Cook message on Facebook

Gee, I don't know. I'd love to see it too. I'll ask her on FB.

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu
"gloworm" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting December 28th 11, 05:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By Alice in PA[_3_]
choosing a new serger

I think they can do a lot! I went with a friend a few months ago to look
for one for her. Some of them are huge! Some of them have 6 or 8 spools of
thread! She eventually bought a used...
Forum: Quilting December 25th 11, 04:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Alice in PA[_3_]
Pati Cook message on Facebook

The following message was posted today on Facebook: "Hope everyone has a
wonderful Holiday.
PS: Rep. Gifford's quilt was delivered to her office on Dec. 13".

--
Alice in...
Forum: Quilting December 16th 11, 03:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

This isn't really a Christmas joke, but a winter one....heard it last night.

"What's the difference between a snowman and a snowwoman?"

xxx

xxx
Forum: Quilting December 14th 11, 05:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Alice in PA[_3_]
Pat and the QOV I forgot about

Kay and Pat,

Where is the picture in FB? I looked on Pat's page and the RCTQ
page.....help!

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu
"Kay Ahr" wrote in...
Forum: Quilting December 13th 11, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Alice in PA[_3_]
I found you guys again

OK, I'm many, many miles from there!

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu
"She in PA" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting December 12th 11, 05:06 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Alice in PA[_3_]
OT - And, who took my postage stamps?

Of course, just like if it's on the web, it must be true! Right?

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu
"Di Maloney" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting December 11th 11, 11:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Alice in PA[_3_]
I found you guys again

I remember you too, and I saw you in Facebook. I read them both! Where in
PA are you?

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu