Showing results 1 to 25 of 150
Search took 9.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: offkilterquilter
Forum: Quilting July 4th 08, 03:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By offkilterquilter
not quilting, but latest sewing projects

and of course, recent pictures of Brady and the family, can be found at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nystitcher1972/sets/

choose whichever and I hope you'll enjoy them

Larisa

note to self:
must...
Forum: Quilting April 11th 08, 03:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By offkilterquilter
creative juices flowing again

TerriLee in WA wrote:
Wow!! That is lots of progress, Larisa!! Great job. And I admire you
being able to work with the teenage girls in the Cinderella Project.
That is really neat!!

Forum: Quilting April 3rd 08, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By offkilterquilter
UPDATE, was: QI Prayers again, please

First I want to thank all of you who have responded to the original post
with thoughts, kind words, etc. They meant the world to me.

However, my darling DeAnna girl just couldn't hold on. SHe had...
Forum: Quilting March 31st 08, 09:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By offkilterquilter
trip to the UK - anyone want anything

amy in CNY wrote:

Yeah! bring back Alan Rickman for me!!! LOL!!

ahhh, a girl can dream....

amy in CNY
ok, now didn't he play a bad guy in one of the DIe Hard movies and the
Sherrif of...
Forum: Quilting March 31st 08, 09:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By offkilterquilter
Spring Cleaning: The animals would love to have your unwantedfabric

Hey Jill!! DOn't freak out when you get a HUGE box from JoAnns....it's
really from me! I clean out periodically during the year and when I
finish projects and have leftovers that aren't enough...
Forum: Quilting March 24th 08, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By offkilterquilter
Happy Easter and update request

Marigold wrote:
Larisa?

I'm here, posting less frequently. The craft fair is over and I'm
finishing up a 1st Communion dress commission. Then I have to get to
work redecorating the sewing...
Forum: Quilting March 21st 08, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By offkilterquilter
OT Dialects, was arvo

Debi Matlack wrote:
I had a good morning laugh reading the Aussie dictionary. Southern US
dialect has phrases like that and I love it!
Such as: "(As) Useless as tits on a boar hog," a heavy...
Forum: Quilting March 15th 08, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By offkilterquilter
OT eyeglass longevity

Taria wrote:

An odd question. How long do you expect a pair of
eyeglasses to last? The pair in question is a
a prescription pair of Liz Claiborne glasses that lasted
just under 13 months. ...
Forum: Quilting March 15th 08, 01:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By offkilterquilter
OT - prayer request, short and simple

Karen, Queen of Squishies wrote:
That is good news, I'm glad she's posting and busy. She is not really
totally well, and has child welfare issues on her mind, but I'm glad she's
posting! ...
Forum: Quilting March 14th 08, 01:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By offkilterquilter
OT - Memory Quiz

Sandy Ellison wrote:

Howdy!

does that just make me strange or what??

Larisa, it wasn't the quiz. G
Forum: Quilting March 12th 08, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By offkilterquilter
OT - Memory Quiz

Just a question - what age range are these targeting...I'm a bit younger
than the bulk of the members here and I got all of them right..does that
just make me strange or what??

Larisa

ME-Judy...
Forum: Quilting February 28th 08, 02:24 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By offkilterquilter
please pray for my little guy

Well, this morning was only supposed to be mildly stressful as I was
planning on taking son to school, then daughter to preschool with plenty
of time to get to the doctor's office for my thyroid...
Forum: Quilting February 20th 08, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By offkilterquilter
An interesting info site

jennellh wrote:
http://www.paulsadowski.com/birthday.asp I haven't labelled it "off
topic" because I think that everyone should check out their birth day
info - perhaps there is a common bond...
Forum: Quilting February 11th 08, 05:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By offkilterquilter
OT - wildfires, please report in

Karen, Queen of Squishies wrote:
Would like to hear from our quilt buddies in VA and the Carolinas. Is
everyone safe from the wildfires??

Karen, Queen of Squishies
We're okay, though...
Forum: Quilting February 7th 08, 01:20 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 52
Posted By offkilterquilter
how many sewing machines?

Mary wrote:
From reading various posts about sewing machines, I gather that many
people have a lot of sewing machines. How many sewing machines do
people really have? Do you actually use them...
Forum: Quilting February 3rd 08, 08:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 55
Posted By offkilterquilter
OT- what's your favorite way?

Karen, Queen of Squishies wrote:

What's your favorite way to ignore Super Bowl Sunday?

After 10 years, I've learned that it honestly CAN'T be ignored in this
household. DS is finally...
Forum: Quilting February 3rd 08, 08:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 38
Posted By offkilterquilter
I think I am an addict

I can empathize with some of these - see comments mixed in....

Larisa

John wrote:

How do you know if you are a quilting addict? Let me tell you what I
think.

1. I haven't sewn any...
Forum: Quilting February 3rd 08, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 68
Posted By offkilterquilter
A dumbo question on HUGs

Hey!! I remember Romper Room!! ANd that dang magic mirror...I *hated*
hand mirrors because of that and still don't own one!!

Larisa, lovely thing to have warped memories at such a young...
Forum: Quilting February 2nd 08, 02:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By offkilterquilter
DeAnna's Saturday update

She's still here. Still a little off and wobbly, but I enticed her to
eat a little turkey, then pretty much said, "the hell with what Ken
wants to do or thinks is right!" and I took out a cooked...
Forum: Quilting February 2nd 08, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By offkilterquilter
thank you, was: QI Prayers requested, please

I wanted to thank those of you who have sent me private emails. I'm a
little out of sorts still and am not really responding to any emails,
but thought i should post an update to the group. Right...
Forum: Quilting February 2nd 08, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By offkilterquilter
Today's update, was: QI Prayers requested, please

Things are not looking so good for DeAnna pup. SHe hasn't eaten
anything all day and apparently got sick last night as evidenced by the
glop on the floor this morning. It was definitely NOT cat...
Forum: Quilting January 30th 08, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 171
Posted By offkilterquilter
Time for another Roll Call?

OK, for all the new members.....

I'm Larisa, 35yo Stay-at-home-mom of 2 handfuls of energy (7.5yo boy
with ADHD and 4yo girl who thinks she's 21). I have 3 QIs - an aged,
but adorable shelter pup...
Forum: Quilting January 27th 08, 05:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 0
Posted By offkilterquilter
choices for baby quilt blocks

ok, a little while ago, I asked about opinions for blocks that will go
into a baby quilt - made by people of various sewing ability....

here's what I culled off quilter's...
Forum: Quilting January 27th 08, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Posted By offkilterquilter
OT I can't believe I did this

NightMist wrote:

I got kiri to run me out to buy a box of wood screws, and bought a
refrigerator.

It's understandable, really!! The previous owners were nice enough to
leave their crappy...
Forum: Quilting January 27th 08, 03:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Posted By offkilterquilter
OT I can't believe I did this

Polly,

I've heard the same thing, but we store our milk on the door anyway.
With 2 children who drink milk like fiends (YAY!!) and a hubby who also
likes a tall glass with dinner, we tend to go...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 150