Showing results 1 to 25 of 35
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Karen C in Calif
Forum: Needlework July 5th 12, 03:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 2
Posted By Karen C in Calif
HAPPY FOURTH!

sara wrote:

On Wed, 04 Jul 2012 09:11:27 -0700, Karen C in Calif
wrote:

Today's ballgame is on at 8 AM on this coast. Great way to wake up. :)

Forum: Needlework July 4th 12, 05:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 2
Posted By Karen C in Calif
HAPPY FOURTH!

Today's ballgame is on at 8 AM on this coast. Great way to wake up. :)

It's supposed to be a nice cool mid-90s today; maybe I'll rev up the
grill when we decide if we want hot dogs or hamburgers....
Forum: Needlework June 29th 12, 01:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 13
Posted By Karen C in Calif
County fair results

ATTAGIRL!!!!

COPYRIGHT 2012 -- PERMISSION GIVEN TO POST ON
USENET AND GOOGLE GROUPS NEWSREADER ONLY,
BUT IF FOUND ON TWITTER OR SEW GIRLS, IT HAS
BEEN REPUBLISHED WITHOUT MY PERMISSION...
Forum: Needlework June 16th 12, 11:16 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 2
Posted By Karen C in Calif
back in the stitching saddle

Yay!

COPYRIGHT 2012 -- PERMISSION GIVEN TO POST ON
USENET AND GOOGLE GROUPS NEWSREADER ONLY,
BUT IF FOUND ON TWITTER OR SEW GIRLS, IT HAS
BEEN REPUBLISHED WITHOUT MY PERMISSION WHICH
CONSTITUTES...
Forum: Needlework May 3rd 12, 11:15 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 8
Posted By Karen C in Calif
Finally my Celebrations report

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

next year, you should come up!

One of these years, maybe I'll get there, too.

COPYRIGHT 2012 -- PERMISSION GIVEN TO POST ON
Forum: Needlework May 3rd 12, 11:14 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 8
Posted By Karen C in Calif
Finally my Celebrations report

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
did break my "no new floss
that isn't to be kitted into a project NOW" rule and came home with
several grab bags of Gloriana floss

Is it a violation if you give...
Forum: Needlework May 1st 12, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By Karen C in Calif
PING: Liz Hampton!!!

Liz from Humbug wrote:
we're cheaper than we are
impatient. We can use the library's wireless for free if we need to
download something big or, if it's REALLY BIG, we can take it to a
Forum: Needlework May 1st 12, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 6
Posted By Karen C in Calif
watch this spot

How is it going Cheryl - now you're a year older lol

yes I am. Though Margaret is now 40!!!!

Children. Mere children.
Forum: Needlework April 26th 12, 08:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 39
Posted By Karen C in Calif
OT need help with MIL gifts

wrote:

Margaret, if she's this difficult, maybe hiring a hit man would put an
end to it :)

Think of it as a gift to the whole family...... ;)
Forum: Needlework April 25th 12, 02:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 39
Posted By Karen C in Calif
OT need help with MIL gifts

Since she likes daytime TV, how about a subscription to one of the
daytime TV magazines?

COPYRIGHT 2012 -- PERMISSION GIVEN TO POST ON
USENET AND GOOGLE GROUPS NEWSREADER ONLY,
BUT IF FOUND ON...
Forum: Needlework April 20th 12, 06:39 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 16
Posted By Karen C in Calif
Eye lashes???

Tia Mary wrote:

Then again, how about using false eyelashes? You could trim
them to size and then anchor them with invisible thread or some black
floss. CiaoMeow ^;;^

I like that...
Forum: Needlework April 20th 12, 06:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 16
Posted By Karen C in Calif
Eye lashes???

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

How would you put 3-D eyelashes on your cross stitch project - it's for
a sleeping caterpillar. Just has to make you think "eye lashes"...
Wishing I had some black "fuzzy...
Forum: Needlework April 16th 12, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 10
Posted By Karen C in Calif
What are you stitching?

Susan Hartman wrote:

I'm three ornies ahead for next
Christmas already!

Good for you!
Forum: Needlework April 14th 12, 12:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 10
Posted By Karen C in Calif
What are you stitching?

Since my current WIP was at an intense counting stage, I took the little
ornament I designed a few years ago to my creative circle meeting so I
could stitch and talk at the same time. By...
Forum: Needlework April 6th 12, 02:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 53
Posted By Karen C in Calif
Helloooooooo! Anyone there?

Gillian Murray wrote:

Hopefully the dead one
was just a lemon.

Entirely possible. When I was looking for a new laptop, I asked a geeky
friend for recommendations, and bought the...
Forum: Needlework April 4th 12, 01:14 PM Posted to alt.beenz,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 53
Posted By Karen C in Calif
Helloooooooo! Anyone there?

Bruce wrote:

quite a drug regime morning & evening. Getting
old is not for the faint-hearted!

Or the poor. A friend calculated they spent several hundred dollars a
month on prescription...
Forum: Needlework March 29th 12, 12:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 2
Posted By Karen C in Calif
OT- another groaner

Politically incorrect ... and funny as hell!

COPYRIGHT 2012 -- PERMISSION GIVEN TO POST ON
USENET AND GOOGLE GROUPS NEWSREADER ONLY,
BUT IF FOUND ON TWITTER OR SEW GIRLS, IT HAS
BEEN REPUBLISHED...
Forum: Needlework March 24th 12, 04:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 53
Posted By Karen C in Calif
Helloooooooo! Anyone there?

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

On 3/23/12 6:41 PM, ndjoan wrote:

On 3/23/2012 2:34 PM, wrote:

This will probably be the last year I'll be able to say that, since the
Forum: Needlework March 24th 12, 03:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 53
Posted By Karen C in Calif
Helloooooooo! Anyone there?

Yes, I'm still here. Just trying to do too much in too little time.

After 31.5 years, my microwave finally needs to be replaced. I'm going
to write GE a love letter on how well their stuff is...
Forum: Needlework March 24th 12, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 10
Posted By Karen C in Calif
What are you stitching?

Trying to work on a birthday gift that's going to require dedicated effort.

Quilt/Sew/Craft festival was yesterday. Only one booth with hand
embroidery; mostly sew and quilt, but got some backing...
Forum: Needlework March 12th 12, 04:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By Karen C in Calif
a stitch-y read -

Nancy Spera wrote:
maybe it'll put me in the mood to stitch....haven't touched any
since before Xmas.

And I've had a couple finishes this week! Irish Blessing the other day,
Take Time...
Forum: Needlework March 3rd 12, 01:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 21
Posted By Karen C in Calif
what to do with leftover floss

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

On 3/2/12 9:09 AM, Margaret St. John wrote:

I'm tempted to do it too. I just need to figure out what to do with
them afterwards since they look similar to a cat toy I...
Forum: Needlework February 28th 12, 07:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 11
Posted By Karen C in Calif
Groupon.

Joyce in RSA wrote:

I phoned the bank. They said they could not dispute the cc payment
after 60 days - which was up about a week ago!! So now the only way to
get it back from Groupon is...
Forum: Needlework February 27th 12, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 11
Posted By Karen C in Calif
Groupon.

If you paid with a credit card, the credit card company can backcharge them.

COPYRIGHT 2012 -- PERMISSION GIVEN TO POST ON
USENET AND GOOGLE GROUPS NEWSREADER ONLY,
BUT IF FOUND ON TWITTER OR SEW...
Forum: Needlework February 25th 12, 01:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 9
Posted By Karen C in Calif
VOT For dog lovers

Gillian Murray wrote:
For an old lady,
maybe a boytoy is fun LOL

I think so! I've been enjoying my boytoy for the past 2 weeks. Though,
as he reminded me, the age difference is only 10...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 35