Showing results 1 to 25 of 71
Search took 2.49 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jo Gibson
Forum: Quilting May 6th 10, 09:16 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Jo Gibson
Interesting idea for 2.5 inch-wide strips...

If you have a bunch of 2.5 inch strips like I do, you might be
interested in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3k85E3lzfU

It was posted on one of the quiltlists I read, and it looks...
Forum: Quilting April 17th 10, 12:32 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By Jo Gibson
Happy Birthday Pat S !

Butterflywings wrote:
No it's not. It's over there....under that box behind the back door.

Butterfly (So ya sharing the cake/ chocolate/ raspberries? Celebrate all
week)

Hiya Butterfly!...
Forum: Quilting April 16th 10, 09:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 33
Posted By Jo Gibson
How to organize and store fabric.

Sally Swindells wrote:
I solved that problem by using Susan Teegarden Dissmore's book 'Clever
Quilts' book on my 2008 quilt for Kia. There are lots of
patterns/suggestions for using 'pictures...
Forum: Quilting April 16th 10, 02:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By Jo Gibson
Happy Birthday Pat S !

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Pat,
Happy Birthday to you!

Tristan can't sing yet, but he enjoys a song with a good beat. Hope you
are setting into your new home...
Forum: Quilting April 14th 10, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Jo Gibson
Processing Stash

amy in CNY wrote:
So sorry to hear of your decision.
After my last divorce, I packed up all my stash and
tools, placed the boxes/bins in my attic and stepped back
for a while. The "while"...
Forum: Quilting April 14th 10, 10:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 33
Posted By Jo Gibson
How to organize and store fabric.

IEZ wrote:
"Sherry" wrote in message
On Apr 13, 10:52 am, "IEZ" wrote:
Forum: Quilting April 12th 10, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 33
Posted By Jo Gibson
How to organize and store fabric.

She in PA wrote:
I am in the process of moving my sewing room and trying to find the
best way to organize and sote my fabric. I have tryed dressers and
bins. tell me how is the best way you...
Forum: Quilting March 31st 10, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Jo Gibson
Stairway to Cat Heaven pattern

Hello folks,

McCall's offered a pattern called "Stairway to Cat Heaven" for ages, for
free, on their website. Essentially, it was a pile of steps done in
black and dark blue 9-patches, and it was...
Forum: Quilting March 30th 10, 11:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 30
Posted By Jo Gibson
as there seem to be more folks here just now...

Polly Esther wrote:
Cautious thinking, Claudia. I wouldn't add either. Just by the number
of people who've gone to see the very few pictures of quilts for
Newborns in Need, there are nearly...
Forum: Quilting March 23rd 10, 03:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 33
Posted By Jo Gibson
Jo in Scotland

J* wrote:
this is now a moot point as our Jo is home and back in the arms of her ever
so clever wee lad who is talking to her at only 8 weeks old and yes i am a
firm believer this is so.

Forum: Quilting March 23rd 10, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Jo Gibson
OT - small magnet sets?

Sunny wrote:
Jo, I have found magnets like that at the local Joann's store. I have
some if you would like I can send you a few that should match up. I
don't know that they are strong enough to...
Forum: Quilting March 23rd 10, 12:05 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Jo Gibson
OT - small magnet sets?

Does anyone know where I can buy little round magnets, the size of a
small coin, that come in pairs? The pain of this request is, I know
that I have magnet sets, but WHERE? My stuff has been in...
Forum: Quilting March 22nd 10, 06:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Jo Gibson
Quilts at the V&A

Kate XXXXXX wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/arts_and_culture/8578091.stm
http://www.vam.ac.uk/exhibitions/future_exhibs/Quilts/index.html

Anyone fancy a meet-up?

If you...
Forum: Quilting March 21st 10, 10:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
Posted By Jo Gibson
OT - Back home again ! (long, possibly boring medical details)

J* wrote:
woooohoooooo!!!! (quietly of course so as not to wake the wee lad).
welcome home, Jo.
so very glad to hear you're home and ok again.
i am a firm believer that wee babes can indeed...
Forum: Quilting March 21st 10, 02:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 31
Posted By Jo Gibson
Sewing Rooms

Cindy Schmidt wrote:
If you were given the chance to have a sewing room all to yourself ~ would
you pick an extra "bedroom" that is HUGE or would you go straight for the
unfinished...
Forum: Quilting March 21st 10, 02:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
Posted By Jo Gibson
OT - Back home again ! (long, possibly boring medical details)

Hello dear RCTQ folks,

I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis at just before my 20th birthday
in 1992. So I've lived with it for about 17 years now. In the
beginning, I had a permanent ulcer...
Forum: Quilting March 12th 10, 08:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 67
Posted By Jo Gibson
Directory form is open for business!

AliceW wrote:
The Directory form is good to go. I tested it and it is working as
expected. I didn't need to make any changes from the form we used last time
which helped save some time.
Forum: Quilting March 8th 10, 03:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Jo Gibson
UK Mother's Day aka Mothering Sunday 2010

Lizzy Taylor wrote:
I know there are some people on here who like to know when the UK
Mother's Day is. For 2010 it is 14th March. This also reminds me that
I need to get my act together and...
Forum: Quilting March 4th 10, 09:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Jo Gibson
OT - Thank you for the lovely blocks!

Thank you quilters in Canada, Germany, the UK and Australia!

Thank you for sending me a parcel of lovely patchwork blocks. Mark and
I are impressed with the workmanship, and the kind thoughts that...
Forum: Quilting February 20th 10, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Jo Gibson
OT - Please give blood!

One month has passed since my ordeal in hospital, when I gave birth to
the greatest little boy ever! Tristan is big and strong, and continues
to surprise us with his growth and development. ...
Forum: Quilting January 27th 10, 09:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Jo Gibson
OT - Sandy who wanted Tristan photos....

.... can you please send a valid email address to

I cannot reply to the address you sent!

Cheers, Jo
Forum: Quilting January 27th 10, 07:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By Jo Gibson
OT - Please donate blood and save a life!

Jo Gibson wrote:
Dear friends,

Perhaps the most touching part of my story is that 16 people who I don't
know and will probably never meet saved my life. How? They donated
blood. When...
Forum: Quilting January 26th 10, 10:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By Jo Gibson
OT - Please donate blood and save a life!

Dear friends,

Perhaps the most touching part of my story is that 16 people who I don't
know and will probably never meet saved my life. How? They donated
blood. When I was in the theatre and...
Forum: Quilting January 26th 10, 08:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Jo Gibson
OT - Jo and Tristan in Scotland update

Dear all,

Your messages of kind words and sympathy really cheered me up when I was
in hospital. Mark printed them all out, and I could really "hear" each
of your voices, urging me to get better,...
Forum: Quilting January 16th 10, 01:18 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Jo Gibson
Rumpled quilt skins stuffed animals

Lizzy Taylor wrote:
I've bought the elephant pattern
http://www.rumpledquiltskins.com/2009/06/elephant-pattern.html
and was wondering if anybody had made any RQS animals using flannel
rather...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 71