Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 0.51 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dwyn
Forum: Beads September 23rd 09, 12:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 11
Posted By Dwyn
Naming is the game, and I suck at it.

On Sep 22, 10:47*pm, "Sterling"
wrote:
Most of my stuff is one of a kind, so it just makes sense to name each piece. *But, if you are
making a lot of one...
Forum: Beads September 21st 09, 01:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 11
Posted By Dwyn
Naming is the game, and I suck at it.

Does anyone else have this problem? *What do you all do to name your
jewelry pieces?

Names are a GREAT selling tool - I name most everything, but not, Gawd
help me, with "people"...
Forum: Beads September 3rd 09, 01:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 13
Posted By Dwyn
Help/inspiration please

On Sep 2, 2:36*pm, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 9/2/09 10:32 AM, in article
, "Dwyn"

Forum: Beads September 2nd 09, 03:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 13
Posted By Dwyn
Help/inspiration please

On Sep 2, 7:44*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Hi Shirley,
First - the link didn't work. Even thoughts on bead shape would help - I am
that lost...

But, I hadn't thought...
Forum: Beads August 25th 09, 03:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 2
Posted By Dwyn
Burning Questions: How do you deal with...

On Aug 23, 2:34*pm, "Sterling"
wrote:
how do you deal with people who look at your jewelry and say "that's a nice bracelet but too
expensive for me to buy"...
Forum: Beads August 24th 09, 03:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 28
Posted By Dwyn
Anyone hate working with specific colors?

Why do people like goddesses?? *Why are goddesses always majorly obese?? *I
think I will be a skinny goddess in my own mind.......LOL.

They are a fertility symbol from days when being able to...
Forum: Beads August 24th 09, 02:59 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 28
Posted By Dwyn
Anyone hate working with specific colors?

On Aug 23, 11:57*am, "Sterling"
wrote:
Hey, I really like that color. *Not that I would wear it (unless I had the perfect outfit) - but I
don't mind working...
Forum: Beads August 23rd 09, 04:05 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 28
Posted By Dwyn
Anyone hate working with specific colors?

On Aug 21, 10:19*pm, "Heather" wrote:
Hmmm, if I called it "sage green" would you like it better?? *I happen to
LOVE sage green and am trying to imagine whether khaki is...
Forum: Beads August 20th 09, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 28
Posted By Dwyn
Anyone hate working with specific colors?

Khaki. Ugh. I just tried a new (to me) glass last night and it came
out Khaki. I've decided that's it - that the colour I can't stand - I
can't even be objective about the shape of the bead - because...
Forum: Beads August 6th 09, 02:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 3
Posted By Dwyn
Home!

On Aug 6, 9:29*am, Gina Bull wrote:
Marilee M wrote:
Had a wonderful relaxing vacation, now home to the real world. *Went to
a couple of bead shops, one in Truckee...
Forum: Beads July 22nd 09, 01:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 5
Posted By Dwyn
Age appropriate

On Jul 21, 1:38*pm, Shirley Shone
wrote:
In message
,
Dwyn ...
Forum: Beads July 21st 09, 01:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 5
Posted By Dwyn
Age appropriate

Question for those of you who had little kids at one point -
specifically girls - at what age was it ok for them to start wearing
jewelry? Specifically necklaces.

With everyone so safety conscious...
Forum: Beads July 17th 09, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 4
Posted By Dwyn
I've been treasuried!

On Jul 16, 12:58*pm, "Heather" wrote:
"Dwyn" wrote in message

On Jul...
Forum: Beads July 16th 09, 02:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 5
Posted By Dwyn
My New Beaded Belts!

On May 24, 11:51*am, beadangel wrote:
Hi

I recently have been making a few beaded belts for myself.
There's this belt that goes two round around the waist: See photo...
Forum: Beads July 16th 09, 02:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 4
Posted By Dwyn
I've been treasuried!

On Jul 15, 6:20*pm, Shirley Shone
wrote:
In message
,
Dwyn ...
Forum: Beads July 15th 09, 10:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 4
Posted By Dwyn
I've been treasuried!

Woohoo - I've been treasuried!

http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=70598

If you aren't a regular visitor to etsy - a treasury is a collection
of someone's favourite items - sort of a...
Forum: Beads July 14th 09, 03:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 32
Posted By Dwyn
Dwyn's Beads (was How Sad!!)

On Jul 14, 12:56*am, Tina wrote:
Aha, You did say wine not wind. *My bad.

I do have some beads made by Nicole Weltch of Black Cat Beads (moved
from Sacramento, CA to...
Forum: Beads July 13th 09, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 32
Posted By Dwyn
Dwyn's Beads (was How Sad!!)

On Jul 12, 4:22*pm, Tina wrote:
Yeah, I remember the mood rings. *They never had very good colors.
And these beads look nice, but I like having more control of the
Forum: Beads July 12th 09, 11:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 32
Posted By Dwyn
Dwyn's Beads (was How Sad!!)

On Jul 11, 10:50*pm, Maren aka HiloBeads or PalmsEtc
wrote:
On Jul 11, 3:37*pm, Tina wrote:

Hey Dwyn, *I found some of your...
Forum: Beads July 12th 09, 11:16 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 32
Posted By Dwyn
How Sad!!

On Jul 10, 8:39*pm, Maren aka HiloBeads or PalmsEtc
wrote:

I have a problem with too much light, not being able to see the flame
is part of the problem - and then you...
Forum: Beads July 8th 09, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 32
Posted By Dwyn
How Sad!!

We used to be really active, more than a 1000 posts at one time.
We had great fun doing swaps, making bracelets, necklaces and exchanging
them. Also had a wand swap.
Then we had BFNR ( beads...
Forum: Beads July 6th 09, 12:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 32
Posted By Dwyn
How Sad!!

well - I thought I'd de-lurk and say hi. I didn't realize that this
used to be a very active list - I'm sure I don't remember subscribing
to it - but I started getting little emails that there were...
Showing results 1 to 22 of 22