Showing results 1 to 21 of 21
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: melb
Forum: Needlework November 19th 11, 10:21 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 4
Posted By melb
OT - Telephoning the hospital

"Bruce" wrote in message

A kindly old grandmother telephoned the hospital and timidly asked, "Is it
possible to...
Forum: Needlework May 27th 11, 07:01 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 9
Posted By melb
Wowwww... A looong time!

I did Google it and they suggested "Naked Vampires"

Edna

"Monique in TX" wrote in message
Lisa R wrote:
Hi guys! What a blast from...
Forum: Needlework May 27th 11, 06:01 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 2
Posted By melb
OT - Attention Marmite fans!

"Bruce" wrote in message
http://tinyurl.com/427puzw
Bruce

What is worse Bruce our Princess Mary (Australian) from...
Forum: Needlework April 11th 11, 12:48 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 4
Posted By melb
OT - for Dilbert fans and engineers in particular

"Bruce" wrote in message
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TirAmOFw_WA

This is what I got when I tried.
Edna

The uploader...
Forum: Needlework March 24th 11, 02:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 9
Posted By melb
Battle of Britain lace

Bruce I decided to search for articles on this lace on the National Library
of Australia website Trove and found these headings from 1950 newspapers.

I have not checked them as it is 1.30am here...
Forum: Needlework March 24th 11, 05:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 9
Posted By melb
Battle of Britain lace

Heres more info Bruce
http://www.awm.gov.au/encyclopedia/battle_of_britain/lace_key.asp

Edna who has been to the Australian War Museum.

"Bruce" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting March 3rd 11, 11:49 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By melb
Lady in cathedral window after earthquake in Christchurch

The woman stuck on the windowsill of Christchurch Cathedral after the quake
appeared on TV all over the world.
It appears she is a quilter and artist called Sue Spigal and she survived.
Here is her...
Forum: Quilting February 22nd 11, 07:06 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By melb
Quilting Hoarder

I managed to see this much. I am in Australia

http://www.oprah.com/own-enough-already-peter-walsh/The-Armed-Services-Thanks-Quilts-of-Valor_1

Edna
"Susan Laity Price" ...
Forum: Quilting February 11th 11, 09:19 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By melb
quilting prisoners

This is very interesting

http://www.quiltershomemag.com/content_downloads/webQHprison.pdf

Edna
Forum: Quilting February 6th 11, 11:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By melb
New OZ Quilting Acronym?

Waste of Money Brains and Time

Edna in OZ

"Tia Mary" wrote in message
I got e-mail today from one of the members of the quilt group...
Forum: Needlework February 3rd 11, 09:18 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 1
Posted By melb
Knit a square

"Bruce" wrote in message
Found this charity website, looks like a good use for odds & ends of wool.
Forum: Quilting January 22nd 11, 01:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By melb
Lots and lots of fabric

Have you all seen this?

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-90192-1.htm

Edna
Forum: Yarn January 3rd 11, 04:58 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 9
Posted By melb
Looking for a pattern

"Lucille" wrote in message

"Kirsten Watson" wrote in message
Forum: Quilting December 16th 10, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By melb
Oh! Christmas Tree!!

It was fun for me too and I forwarded it to several people

Edna

"Polly Esther" wrote in message ...
That was fun. I'm waiting for a pot of water to boil . ...
Forum: Needlework December 6th 10, 05:16 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 15
Posted By melb
What happened?

I don't ever see any ads here.

Edna in Sydney

"Jeri" wrote in message

"'Nez" wrote in message
Forum: Needlework October 29th 10, 01:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 11
Posted By melb
Does anyone remember the AFARR?

"Trish Brown" wrote in message
Cathy from KY in CA wrote:
On Oct 27, 8:40 am, Trish...
Forum: Quilting October 9th 10, 12:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By melb
Buying Fabric online

While I have never purchased fabric from the US members of a quilting group
I belong to have .

Apparently Hancocks have a special every so often where if you spend $100 it
is free shipping.

One...
Forum: Yarn September 1st 10, 08:57 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 20
Posted By melb
Where have all the knitters gone ?

I have just finished sewing up a sweater for my daughter which she started
and then left.

As I can't stand UFO's I finished it.

Looks very nice!

Edna in Sydney

"mirjam" ...
Forum: Needlework July 20th 10, 06:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 9
Posted By melb
OT - I don't believe it!

" wrote in
message
On Jul 19, 8:08 am, Bruce Fletcher...
Forum: Needlework July 19th 10, 12:13 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 9
Posted By melb
OT - I don't believe it!

We were at a market yesterday when we spotted a couple of Christmas trees
and decorations for sale however we decided they must have been for
"Christmas in July" which is quite commonly held at...
Forum: Needlework May 26th 10, 03:16 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By melb
OT.. Monday's Pun.

This one took me a while :-(

Edna
"Gillian Murray" wrote in message
Two highways were having a drink in a bar when a piece...
Showing results 1 to 21 of 21