Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.92 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: NightMist
Forum: Quilting April 23rd 15, 04:05 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Posted By NightMist
Quick and Easy?

On Wed, 22 Apr 2015 21:53:03 +0100, pat on the green wrote:

This is the first 'thread' I have started since the changeover.

I am envisaging a scenario (the exact circumstances don't matter...
Forum: Quilting April 14th 15, 09:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By NightMist
Need a free newsgroup reader

On Thu, 09 Apr 2015 19:18:41 -0700, Dreamweaver wrote:

I hate Google and want to come back. Can anyone suggest a ng reader
that's free and easier to read than Google?

I use Pan, which is...
Forum: Quilting March 7th 15, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By NightMist
OT Very nice Metalicca cover

On Sat, 07 Mar 2015 07:24:32 -0800, gingerwcgc wrote:

On Thursday, March 5, 2015 at 5:43:39 PM UTC-8, NightMist wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c7bISLhVl8

These guys are really...
Forum: Quilting March 6th 15, 02:42 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By NightMist
OT Very nice Metalicca cover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c7bISLhVl8

These guys are really really good.

NightMist
Forum: Quilting February 22nd 15, 08:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By NightMist
OT A bit chilly...

The night after I originally posted, the temperature without windchill
got down to -25F.
Thankfully it has not gotten that cold again!
We have had sub-zero double digits, but only low double...
Forum: Quilting February 15th 15, 04:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By NightMist
OT A bit chilly...

Well we have broken out the quilts, afghans, sweaters and anything else
that might keep us warm!

At 10:20 of a Sunday morning it is -9 degrees F, with a -21 F windchill.
That is approximately -23 C...
Forum: Quilting February 8th 15, 07:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By NightMist
Anyone here still?

On Sat, 07 Feb 2015 15:30:15 +0100, Janner wrote:

Just asking, to see if anyone is here still? That hasn't come over to
the dark side ;) yet ...

Over there they are currently collecting up...
Forum: Quilting January 25th 15, 08:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By NightMist
It's been a long time...

On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 13:02:22 -0500, Lizzy Taylor wrote:

On 21/01/2015 08:22, Janner wrote:
Hi Amy,

It is quiet here, I think a lot have trouble accessing. I try and check
in from time...
Forum: Quilting December 1st 14, 03:22 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By NightMist
Happy Turkey Day!

They make sleeves for crochet hooks to make them easier to hold.
Such things do not work so well for knitting needles as you have to hold
the work on the needles.
However you can get either in wood,...
Forum: Quilting November 20th 14, 09:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By NightMist
OT A little Lake Effect Snow

We didn't get as slammed as they did further north. We've gotten two or
three feet, seriously, there is about 3 feet in our yard, but the house
down on the corner only got two.

Our lad has had...
Forum: Quilting November 16th 14, 01:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By NightMist
Pattern isnspiration

After spending an evening explaining the difference between cashmere and
mohair, and how much less expensive it is to buy a fleece than it is to
buy an equivalent weight of wool yarn (wool prices...
Forum: Quilting November 12th 14, 11:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By NightMist
I need help finding out the manufacturer of my grandmotherssewing machine.

On Tue, 11 Nov 2014 19:03:11 -0500, Marie wrote:

On Tue, 11 Nov 2014 19:44:01 +0000, Misty
wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Here's pictures...
Forum: Quilting September 23rd 14, 08:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By NightMist
OT Apples, Spike, and a raccoon

Well I thought about breaking into "Rocky Raccoon", but that didn't seem
as though it would be particularly helpful.

There wasn't much to do.
It's not as if we could set a dog onto the 'coon, and...
Forum: Quilting September 22nd 14, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By NightMist
OT Apples, Spike, and a raccoon

So we processed a half bushel of apples the other day and as a space
saving measure set a crock pot cooking apple butter on a counter upstairs.
You see my kitchen is an add on to the house, and...
Forum: Quilting August 27th 14, 09:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By NightMist
Rich vs. poor

You need to look up Sumptuary laws.

While these were primarily found in Europe, the US was certainly not
immune. During colonial times wearing certain laces, jewelry, and
fabrics, were illegal...
Forum: Quilting June 17th 14, 12:34 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By NightMist
OT Not quite jam

I made a baker's dozen pints of strawberry jam over the weekend. Then I
promptly started on another dozen. Strawberries do not sit out
gracefully, and 12 pounds or so take up an awful lot of...
Forum: Quilting June 2nd 14, 04:52 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 54
Posted By NightMist
Shirley in the U.K. is anyone left here?

On Sun, 01 Jun 2014 19:54:32 +0100, Lizzy Taylor wrote:

On 31/05/2014 23:18, Shirley wrote:

Will not be here much longer my ISP is dropping USENET in August.
So I shall be missing a...
Forum: Quilting May 8th 14, 05:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 54
Posted By NightMist
is anyone left here?

On Thu, 08 May 2014 07:51:48 -0700, Taria wrote:

Just wondering. Give a check in if you are still here. Maybe if others
realize folks still check here they might post? Taria

I'm...
Forum: Quilting April 28th 14, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By NightMist
Mourning Quilts

On Sun, 27 Apr 2014 11:21:51 -0700, dldennis5 wrote:

I know Ive hit this subject a little late, but I am making a
death/mourning quilt. I have several ideas of my own, but would like to
look...
Forum: Quilting March 30th 14, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By NightMist
OT - account hacked - Miriam Gaar

On Sun, 30 Mar 2014 10:36:41 +0100, Jo Gibson wrote:

I received a spam email from Miriam Gaar and I saw a lot of other
RCTQers on the "recipients" list. I think your account has been hacked
Forum: Quilting March 10th 14, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By NightMist
Double Irish Chain Calculations

On Fri, 07 Mar 2014 23:45:14 +0000, Emma Jane wrote:

How would you go about planning a double Irish chain quilt around 12"
quilt blocks? I am kind of working backwards here. I purchased these
Forum: Quilting February 25th 14, 05:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By NightMist
disordered hyperuniformity in chicken retinas

On Tue, 25 Feb 2014 16:03:52 +0000, Jack Campin wrote:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/02/140224124212.htm

Wow!
Talk about patterns within patterns within patterns...
Forum: Quilting February 24th 14, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By NightMist
Wool and allergies

On Sun, 23 Feb 2014 01:55:03 +0000, Jack Campin wrote:

Wool has gotten a reputation, mostly because of cheap wool. Cheaper
wools are usually the coarser wools. Coarse wools can feel prickly...
Forum: Quilting February 24th 14, 06:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By NightMist
Wool and allergies

On Sun, 23 Feb 2014 00:32:22 -0600, Polly Esther wrote:

Now that we are a bit smarter (?), even the event 'allergic' gives us
pause for thought or backing off and reconsidering. My sister is /...
Forum: Quilting February 23rd 14, 06:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By NightMist
Wool and allergies

Just reread this and saw I made a slight boo boo.
I don't know what I was thinking when I typed the number of microns, but
it should be 30 to 35, not 25 to 30. pretty much any wool that averages...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500