Showing results 1 to 25 of 439
Search took 3.77 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: MB
Forum: Quilting May 22nd 09, 06:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By MB
Scissors???

I bet they were the same ones I had...purply handles??? I paid $4 for them
at a Ben Franklin store years ago...one of the best buys ever ..so nice and
sharp
and lightweight . Unfortunately I only...
Forum: Quilting November 28th 08, 06:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 35
Posted By MB
Quilted and bound - 2007-08 BOM

That is lovely ! I like the combination that you used of the diff lights
and darks
and colors , as well. Did you have to do a lot of planning for that? One
of
my guild members had a lovely...
Forum: Quilting November 25th 08, 01:10 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By MB
I'm about to kill my new Bernina activa 230

She wouldn't be imbibing now would she??...Making sure it
was a cleaning type and not a good drinking one...Don't suppose
she bought Absolute by mistake, do you? If so, we might not
hear from her...
Forum: Quilting November 25th 08, 12:17 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By MB
I'm about to kill my new Bernina activa 230

Oh , I like that way to clean the discs better than the folded up dollar
bill !!
Thanks, Mary in VT

"Kay Lancaster" wrote in message
Forum: Quilting November 25th 08, 12:16 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By MB
I'm about to kill my new Bernina activa 230

Actually I just had this happen on my old Bernina 930...!
The top stitches as I free motion quilted looked fine...picked up
the table runner I was working on and all loose stitches !!!
I changed...
Forum: Quilting November 25th 08, 12:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 60
Posted By MB
OT Turkey Alert!

Last year I had the bird cooked and out of the oven for an hour and it was
still too
hot to carve! ...This year it willbe done 1 1/2 hours before carving time !!
One of the best ways to carve is to...
Forum: Quilting November 24th 08, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 60
Posted By MB
OT Turkey Alert!

My mom used to grease the inside of the bag before putting the turkey in
...that might be what as needed?
Mary..

"Tia Mary" wrote in...
Forum: Quilting November 24th 08, 11:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 60
Posted By MB
OT Turkey Alert!

I asked dh to put the 20 pounder in the fridge this a.m. but he put it
outdoors !
Well, it is nice and chilly here in VT !!!
Mary

"Polly Esther" wrote in...
Forum: Quilting November 24th 08, 12:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 60
Posted By MB
OT Turkey Alert!

I reminded dh that that was his first job this morning !
Mary
"Polly Esther" wrote in message
It is time to move your frozen turkey...
Forum: Quilting November 22nd 08, 11:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 41
Posted By MB
OT Need gift suggestion

Yes, you have to have something that everyone wants !!! Makes it so much
fun !!
Mary

"Butterflywings" wrote in message
Forum: Quilting November 22nd 08, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 32
Posted By MB
need time wasters...

I agree ! We did that a couple of years when my oven conked out ...
When I said something about ..All that cooking.....dh mentioned going out
again...
Dear heart!...But it is so much more fun at...
Forum: Quilting November 22nd 08, 02:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 41
Posted By MB
OT Need gift suggestion

Always popular are scratch tickets...megabucks tickets !!
"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
With the holiday season starting soon, I...
Forum: Quilting November 20th 08, 11:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By MB
Eyeball it game ..

This is kind of fun...you go through it 3 times for an average........Mary

http://woodgears.ca/eyeball/index.html
Forum: Quilting November 14th 08, 12:40 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 46
Posted By MB
Dear Jane... help

Mary...If you get the CD there are tips and all kinds of information on it .

For one thing you can print out the blocks the size you want ..just in case
you decide
that 4.5 " is too small a square. ...
Forum: Quilting November 14th 08, 12:26 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 46
Posted By MB
Dear Jane... help

Don't forget to see all the different color combos here !
www.janiacs.com

this is a NYC quilt guild with a DJ variation quilt pictu

http://www.qcnys.org/gallery.htm --also it is a nice...
Forum: Quilting November 13th 08, 08:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 46
Posted By MB
Dear Jane... help

Here's a bright on I think black or navy background...Lovely !
http://uncleleona.net/dearjane/
Forum: Quilting November 10th 08, 03:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By MB
OT Grand Canyon Tour

I was there a year ago in October and the day before we arrived a child did
fall over near Mather Point, South Rim. I believe she was 4 yrs old . .
I did notice many children too far away from...
Forum: Quilting November 5th 08, 05:57 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By MB
Choice of fusibles?

I found that to be true when I bought a panel of square blocks...
Kitty Cucumber ...to make a baby quilt. If I'd had known before
I wouldn't have washed it before cutting and sewing ..The washing...
Forum: Quilting October 17th 08, 08:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By MB
Crochet Hook "Give-away"

Can't remember if I answered this...but here is a good site for learning
this technique.

http://fluffyknitterdeb.blogspot.com/2005/08/by-special-request-beading-made-easy.html

"L"...
Forum: Quilting October 16th 08, 11:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By MB
Knitting

Thank you Charlotte !! I am looking about online for more information and
did join one of the groups !! Mary

"Charlotte" wrote in...
Forum: Quilting October 16th 08, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By MB
Crochet Hook "Give-away"

Yes...just saw yesterday that yu can use it to put a bead on yarn while
knitting
and not have to feed a pile of beads onto the yarn beforehand...

"NightMist" wrote in...
Forum: Quilting October 16th 08, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By MB
Knitting

Even though I enjoy knitting little hats by hand and using a 16" circ.
needle
I'd like to explore the Bond machine. My dd sometimes goes to an
orphanage in Europe and brings the hats I make but...
Forum: Quilting October 16th 08, 12:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By MB
Knitting

I, too, have wondered how well those work...Are they the Bond
brand? SOmewhere I think I've seen that there might
be a Yahoo group for that...Haven't checked it out though.
Mary

"Roy/Jane Kay"...
Forum: Quilting October 10th 08, 02:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 46
Posted By MB
non-sewing items used for quilting

My LQS is using the big grip on their rulers when cutting and
they seem to work very well. Not sure if I'd try them in the shower
but I'd test it first for sure.

"Patti"...
Forum: Quilting October 10th 08, 02:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 46
Posted By MB
non-sewing items used for quilting

I happened to be in a bed and bath shop one day and although they were out
I ordered one...the clerk found a discount coupon by her register !
Then I was in a quilt shop the other day and found
"The...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 439