Showing results 1 to 25 of 52
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Lisa Caryl[_2_]
Forum: Quilting November 3rd 08, 10:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 0
Posted By Lisa Caryl[_2_]
Stash busting blog post

I ran across this post on a blog yesterday and thought that some might find
it inspirational. I printed it for those moments when I'm feeling weak and
THINK I need new stuff, and KNOW good and well...
Forum: Beads October 15th 08, 04:13 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 3
Posted By Lisa Caryl[_2_]
Hoop Earring repair

Hi,
The original message has dissapeared on me, but I happened to run across a
website that has the earring part needed for the hoop earring repair. Here
is a direct link to the...
Forum: Beads October 10th 08, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 1
Posted By Lisa Caryl[_2_]
OT a doggie link for Jerri

I thought Jerri might enjoy this blog entry I came across today.
http://cathiefilian.blogspot.com/2008/10/bow-wow-wow-finally-here.html
It's an entry from the author of a very cute doggie costuming...
Forum: Quilting September 20th 08, 04:55 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 58
Posted By Lisa Caryl[_2_]
Spare Change

I have a story about spare change for you Polly.

We went to our niece's wedding last weekend. One of the gifts she and her
groom received was the spare change from a family friend...
Forum: Quilting September 20th 08, 03:37 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Lisa Caryl[_2_]
Valdani thread sale - direct from the warehouse

Hmmmmmmm.....do I say thank you or not????!!! Yes, I do :-) I only spent
$61, but still a stretch for the budget right now. But, I will have soooooo
many lovely new verigateds to choose from for all...
Forum: Quilting September 10th 08, 04:07 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Lisa Caryl[_2_]
A crazy thought for Crazy quilts

Hi Pat,
Yes, you sure can. I did something like this for a journal cover. I did put
a thin layer of batting under the muslin and I needlefelted several types of
fabric-cottons, silk, silk velvet etc....
Forum: Quilting September 7th 08, 10:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Lisa Caryl[_2_]
crazy quilt

Karen,
It's not that bad-honest! Here's a link to my friend Allison's step by step
tutorial for cq piecing.
http://alliesinstitches.blogspot.com/2007/06/block-piecing-tutorial.html
Any questions, I'd...
Forum: Quilting August 7th 08, 03:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Lisa Caryl[_2_]
New photos posted

Hi Sunny,
You are speaking my language :-). I love crazy quilting. There are lots of
blogs and such with great tutorals, and stitch combinations to look at. Here
are just a...
Forum: Quilting August 3rd 08, 07:24 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Lisa Caryl[_2_]
Thread for piecing??

Hi Sunny,
For machine piecing, I like Aurufiil thread. waaaaaaaaaaay less linty than
other brands

--
Lisa Caryl
http://www.picturetrails.com/quiltygurl

remove the obvious...
Forum: Quilting July 20th 08, 08:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Lisa Caryl[_2_]
Sulky 12 wt. cotton thread on sale

Leslie,
Thank you for the pictures and information. Looks great-just like I want it
to look! I will definitely be giving this a try.
Lisa
"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote...
Forum: Quilting July 20th 08, 08:34 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Lisa Caryl[_2_]
Sulky 12 wt. cotton thread on sale

Flood damage.....not as bad as over your way of course, but we had water in
the basement even though we have a sump pump and it was working.

I'm not a neat person, so I lost some stuff. I didn't...
Forum: Quilting July 20th 08, 05:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Lisa Caryl[_2_]
Sulky 12 wt. cotton thread on sale

Hi KJ,
Yes, been awhile hasn't it? Been busy. Taught crazy quilting for the Omaha
Guild, then went to the Crazy Quilt Conference over there 2 weeks later and
helped my friend Martha Green with 2 of...
Forum: Quilting July 20th 08, 03:01 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Lisa Caryl[_2_]
Sulky 12 wt. cotton thread on sale

Hi Leslie,
I'm wondering if you or anyone here has used this thread for machine
quilting? I am wondering how it behaved, if you know.
Thank you,

--
Lisa...
Forum: Quilting May 10th 08, 02:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I ran across this link on a blog I read. It's recreations master paintings
using spools of thread! Very, very cool.
http://www.devorahsperber.com/brooklyn_musuem/index.html

--
Lisa...
Forum: Quilting February 5th 08, 10:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Hi Susan,
I will do some checking on this with my local friends.

The downtown area has many wonderful places to eat, again, I will ask my
friends for recommendations. I love Spaghetti Works, but...
Forum: Quilting February 3rd 08, 11:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 55
Posted By Lisa Caryl[_2_]
what's your favorite way?

First, go to a fab quilt shop 1 hr from home for beads, cool doll patterns
and the very cool Shiva Paint Stick DVD because they were having a store
wide sale.

Second, go to Williamsburg IA that has...
Forum: Quilting January 20th 08, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 56
Posted By Lisa Caryl[_2_]
quilting trivia question

Once. Today. The thread shredded in my Viking Mega Quilter. While I was
fixing the break, I noticed a LARGE skipped stitch as well. ARRRRRRRGGGGG!!!
Hopefully the new needle will cure the...
Forum: Quilting January 19th 08, 07:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Lisa Caryl[_2_]
Disappearing 9 patch tutorials

Good looking quilt Mary! I'm thinking this would be a good way to make a
dent in my scrap box.
Lisa
"maryd" wrote in message
I made one in...
Forum: Quilting January 19th 08, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Lisa Caryl[_2_]
Disappearing 9 patch tutorials

Looks like a good book Pati, I will have to see if we have that at the local
shop. Easy is looking better and better to me these days :-)
Lisa

"Pati C." wrote in...
Forum: Quilting January 19th 08, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Lisa Caryl[_2_]
Disappearing 9 patch tutorials

I was cruising the 'net today and I found a couple of blogs that have free
tutorials on this tecnique. I don't recall seeing any posts about it, so
forgive me if it's old news.

The first link shows...
Forum: Quilting January 5th 08, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Lisa Caryl[_2_]
cq help :)

And that don't help, either! I have all this stuff and I can't manage to
churn anything out. What's WRONG with me.

Cindy

There's nothing wrong with you Cindy. We ALL go through that. The...
Forum: Quilting January 5th 08, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Lisa Caryl[_2_]
to Cindy-cq info

Here ya go Cindy. Here are some great places to get you started into the
wonderful world of crazy quilting (nudge, nudge,...
Forum: Quilting January 5th 08, 05:16 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Lisa Caryl[_2_]
just some eye candy

Ah yes, I am a regular reader of Jo's blog. She does fabulous work, doesn't
she? Awhile back, she posted pictures of her sewing room and stash. It is
amazing to see what she creates with a relatively...
Forum: Quilting December 30th 07, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Lisa Caryl[_2_]
Question for the New Year

Oh good, I am glad to hear that Kate. Chelsie says she will call him Andrew.
Andy will call him Junior. I would like to call him Ricky. The middle name,
Richard, is after my brother who has been gone...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 52