Showing results 1 to 25 of 80
Search took 1.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Lotsoflavender
Forum: Quilting October 28th 07, 01:17 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 36
Posted By Lotsoflavender
quilt books

Wat an absolutely brilliant idea!!! Have had the pages fall out of a couple
of well-used books and Sandy's solution would solve that problem plus then
the books can be laid SO flat. Have just...
Forum: Quilting September 11th 07, 05:52 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Lotsoflavender
OT - Hunter (the service dog)

Oh blessed news. Did he find his own way back or did someone find and
return him?
Wendy in Nsw

"Louise in Iowa" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting September 10th 07, 11:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Lotsoflavender
Google ate my homework.

Same over here in Oz. Thought it was just the ethernet vapourizing some of
my posts but now I read that it's the lack of chocolate I'm not feeding the
keyboard?
Was going to try a stand-alone news...
Forum: Quilting September 10th 07, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 33
Posted By Lotsoflavender
Finished one!

Beautifully executed, Roberta..............you don't happen to be coming to
Oz in the near future to show me how you do those geometric designs g

Wendy in Nsw

"Roberta Zollner"...
Forum: Quilting September 9th 07, 03:44 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Lotsoflavender
Done! Yay!

Now that is a stunning quilt, real eye-catcher. Give yourself a pat on the
back!

Wendy in NSW

wrote in message
I...
Forum: Quilting September 9th 07, 03:42 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Lotsoflavender
Quest for fabric - Customer Service

That's great news on two fronts, one that you've been able to get the fabric
you've been looking for and two, that REAL service is still alive and
kicking. Wonderful end to a seach....good...
Forum: Quilting September 8th 07, 07:49 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 89
Posted By Lotsoflavender
Everybody Out!

I think this is something we do need to be nagged about, one of those jobs
we forget or put off doing.
Had to have our's looked at a while back and when the tech pulled it out
from the wall, the...
Forum: Quilting September 7th 07, 10:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Lotsoflavender
OT Tip for pet hair removal from upholstery

Thanks for the tip, Leslie, we don't have any pets anymore but my friend and
neighbour has a housefull of little dogs and I always seem to be wearing
black when I visit ;o( My DD1 has two Jack...
Forum: Quilting September 7th 07, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Lotsoflavender
New Pics

I don't know which impressed my more, your craftmanship for quiltmaking or
cabinetmaking or Lois's genealogy research!
I rather liked the Nine Patch bed quilt, the photo showed the lustre of the...
Forum: Quilting September 7th 07, 01:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 24
Posted By Lotsoflavender
OT - The things mums do (homework et al)

Sharon, you are what good mummies are all about.........can pull anything
out of thin air and it will be just darn fabulous.
Good onya, girl...take a well-deserved bow.

Wendy in Nsw

"Sharon...
Forum: Quilting September 6th 07, 10:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 27
Posted By Lotsoflavender
Organizing my Quilting Studio

Ah yes, organized work room......have yet to graduate to that Level. To have
the storage of photo 4 would be soooo nice. I'm a bit like Sunny, with
stuff over backs of chairs, dumped on the...
Forum: Quilting September 6th 07, 01:03 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Lotsoflavender
Dry Towns (and suburbs) was I have entered the twilight zone of the Bloggesphere

Goodness, I didn't know that Cheryl, wonder how many other towns were dry?
I guess a lot a getting somewhere back to that with banned alcohol in public
places....not such a bad idea in most...
Forum: Quilting September 5th 07, 11:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Lotsoflavender
that apron pattern I mentioned

Now that is one fabulous apron!

Wendy in Nsw

wrote in message
Ok, so I got the thing figured out and put...
Forum: Quilting September 5th 07, 02:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Lotsoflavender
tulip or flower applique?

Hi Jo, me again,
http://images.google.com.au/images?hl=en&q=stained+glass+tulip&gbv=2
any of these help?

"Johanna Gibson" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting September 5th 07, 02:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Lotsoflavender
tulip or flower applique?

Hi Jo, I wonder if a search of stained glass flower designs would turn up
anything?
http://www.warner-criv.com/pattern_list.aspx?group=Flower%20Ring%20Patterns
This is not a very good example but...
Forum: Quilting September 5th 07, 10:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By Lotsoflavender
Quilting pattern transfer

Yes I had to go and look it up too, Ruth g

I remember when I was a kid, Dad use to get the "Saturday Evening Post" (US
publication) and the adverts of Gladwrap always facinated me....there'd be a...
Forum: Quilting September 5th 07, 08:03 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Lotsoflavender
I have entered the twilight zone of the Bloggesphere

Ah the life on the road.......you either love it or hate it.....fortunately
both DH and I like it but we've never sold up completely and hit the road.
The longest we've been away is 6 months. ...
Forum: Quilting September 5th 07, 07:34 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By Lotsoflavender
Simply Quilts is back

Probably because someone is high places reminded them of how many MILLIONS
of dollars are generated by the quilting industry every year!

Wendy in Nsw

"Patti S" wrote in...
Forum: Quilting September 5th 07, 04:52 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Lotsoflavender
Printing on Fabric

I remember the older Epsons used a lot of ink just self testing every time
you went to use the darn thing.
I have a HP Photosmart 325 as well as the big old HP Deskjet and I take that
traveling so...
Forum: Quilting September 5th 07, 01:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By Lotsoflavender
Simply Quilts is back

We don't have anything like this in Oz do we Aussie girls? Not on
free-to-air, anyway, don't have paytv. Our tv networks are too busy
fighting to think creatively.
Wendy in Nsw

"Marcella Peek"...
Forum: Quilting September 5th 07, 01:15 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 41
Posted By Lotsoflavender
Aaaarrrrgh!

Oh bummer!!! and I guessing that saying "damn" just wasn't strong enough,
ay. I'd come right over and help you re-pin it if I could and we'd have fun
doing it :o))
Wendy in Nsw

"Maureen Wozniak"...
Forum: Quilting September 5th 07, 12:30 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Lotsoflavender
Printing on Fabric

I'm using an old HP Deskjet 950C and a new cheap Canon IP3300 and both of
them print very well onto fabric. I iron onto the freezer paper first but
in the "old days" before we could get freezer...
Forum: Quilting September 4th 07, 03:20 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By Lotsoflavender
binding question

Yes I use the hair clips as well, cheapies from the $$$ store......they work
a treat and I don't get stuck with pins. Even hold the folded mitred corner
nice and firm.
Wendy in Nsw

"Laurie G."...
Forum: Quilting September 3rd 07, 12:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By Lotsoflavender
Quilting pattern transfer

Similar problem in Oz.......didn't know there was such a product until this
thread so had a quick look on the Woolworths and Coles online shopping list
and it's not listed......bah.....but have...
Forum: Quilting September 3rd 07, 12:29 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Lotsoflavender
1000 + quilting links

This lot should keep me off the streets for a while!!

Wendy in Nsw

"jennellh" wrote in message
Showing results 1 to 25 of 80