Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: gloflyer
Forum: Jewelry July 27th 08, 05:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 2
Posted By gloflyer
Water Torch

Has anyone here used a water torch? Do you like it?

I talked to someone at a show who uses one, and likes it. I decided
to do a little investigation, and I feel like I have stepped into...
Forum: Jewelry July 27th 08, 05:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 14
Posted By gloflyer
Cutting jump rings

I too have a Pepe jump ring maker. The instructions are less than
satisfying. I finally figured out that I had the blade in backwards.
Is there a brand of blade that anyone would recommend? They...
Forum: Jewelry February 22nd 08, 07:10 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 8
Posted By gloflyer
Gage sizes of silver and copper wire

Ok - my basic question still remains.

Is 18 gage wire the same size in different metals? - I think so but
am not sure.

I know the difference in hardness. That is not the problem. One...
Forum: Jewelry February 20th 08, 09:54 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 8
Posted By gloflyer
Gage sizes of silver and copper wire

If a wire is a certain gage is that size constant across different
types of metal?

I used my disc cutter with 22 gage sheet copper and 18 gage copper
wire to make discs and jump rings until I had a...
Forum: Jewelry January 25th 08, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 2
Posted By gloflyer
Disc cutter - oval and other shapes

Thanks Peter

Yes reading the tip in the Rio Catalog is what gave me the idea that
there much be other shapes. I live in North Central Minnesota. Its
still wild enough to see eagles and sometimes a...
Forum: Jewelry January 24th 08, 07:16 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 2
Posted By gloflyer
Disc cutter - oval and other shapes

I recently purchased a disc cutter. I love it, and it is easy to
use! The one I bought goes from 1" on down by 1/8". I had a bit of
trouble finding one in stock. It sure is a time saver. I still...
Forum: Jewelry November 29th 07, 05:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 5
Posted By gloflyer
Help with polishing argentium silver

Hello

I have tumble polished a few batches of things and was very pleased
with my results.........until the last batch that is.

It came out more tarnished, almost like it was coated with copper. ...
Forum: Jewelry March 7th 07, 04:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 10
Posted By gloflyer
Newbie - custom Sterling Siler band with image in it? How to do it?

I would get the ring made as you suggest and then talk to a good
polymere clay person. They have lots of ways of transfering the image
to the clay. I think that you would ultimately be more...
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8