Showing results 1 to 25 of 43
Search took 0.91 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: C & S
Forum: Quilting March 14th 07, 03:18 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By C & S
LQS - Quilting class!

It's been a long time since I've taken a quilting class but this Sat I'm
doing "high tech tuck", a wall hanging designed by Caryl Bryer Fallert. No,
unfortunately she won't be teaching the class. ...
Forum: Quilting March 13th 07, 12:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By C & S
Finished UFO #2

Thank you TerriLee for your kind words. It means a lot to me.

Carole
Champlain, NY

"TerriLee in WA (state)" wrote in...
Forum: Quilting March 7th 07, 07:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By C & S
Finished UFO #2

Thank you everyone for taking the time to look at my finished quilts. I
really appreaciate your feedback.

Happy quilting!

--
Carole
Champlain, NY

Sandy,

The pattern is from her book Easy Paper-Pieced Keepsake Quilts. The book is
out of print but I checked Amazon and they do have some used from sellers
for $6.00. I've ordered used from Amazon...
Forum: Quilting January 29th 07, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 29
Posted By C & S
A little OT Finished something - but oh dear!

Congratulations! It must be a great feeling to have finished something
sitting in your UFO pile for eons. It is lovely and I am sure you will find
a good home for it. Happy dancing here for your...
Forum: Quilting January 27th 07, 04:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By C & S
Stash Organization

Thanks Val, I've been wondering about this fabric that somehow shows up in
my stash. Hope your grant comes true, we need a study. Keep well!

--
Carole
Champlain,...

Looks really nice. Planning on organizing any quilt retreats? lol

--
Carole
Champlain, NY

You might also try water soluble thread. It will make the job of removing
the basting a lot easier.

--
Carole
Champlain, NY
http://photos.yahoo.com/ceridwen_rhea
http://360.yahoo.com/ceridwen_rhea
Forum: Quilting January 20th 07, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By C & S
The renovations to the studio

WooooHoooo! That's great. Looking forward to pics of your new studio.

--
Carole
Champlain, NY
http://photos.yahoo.com/ceridwen_rhea
http://360.yahoo.com/ceridwen_rhea
Forum: Quilting January 19th 07, 05:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By C & S
Bernina Teflon Foot?

ROFL!! No warning! Someone come over here and clean my monitor. LOL

--
Carole
Champlain, NY
http://photos.yahoo.com/ceridwen_rhea
http://360.yahoo.com/ceridwen_rhea
Forum: Quilting January 19th 07, 01:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 29
Posted By C & S
Annual Quilting Week: Reminder!

Thanks Pat, off to quilt!

--
Carole
Champlain, NY
http://photos.yahoo.com/ceridwen_rhea
http://360.yahoo.com/ceridwen_rhea
Forum: Quilting January 19th 07, 01:13 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 30
Posted By C & S
How much thread should I buy?

Wow, I didn't know you could buy bottom line thread by the cone. Thanks

--
Carole
Champlain, NY
http://photos.yahoo.com/ceridwen_rhea
http://360.yahoo.com/ceridwen_rhea

Forum: Quilting January 18th 07, 11:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 30
Posted By C & S
Now The Bottom Line thread???

The Bottom Line is a sweet thread. A lint-free polyester 60wt.thread, one
spool has 1,420 yds. I use it as bobbin thread on embroidery. It's amazing
how much thread fits on a bobbin. I haven't...
Forum: Quilting January 18th 07, 01:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By C & S
OT I love a sunburnt country . . . . . .

Cheryl, what great news. What, no picture of you waddling in the rain and
mud? lol Thanks for the pictures. Oh how I do hope you guys get lots, and
lots of rain. I do hope it made a dent on...
Forum: Quilting January 17th 07, 08:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 30
Posted By C & S
LQS class

Lucky I didn't have anything in my mouth! lol Yep, good one Polly!

--
Carole
Champlain, NY
http://photos.yahoo.com/ceridwen_rhea
http://360.yahoo.com/ceridwen_rhea

"Polly Esther"...
Forum: Quilting January 17th 07, 08:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 30
Posted By C & S
LQS class

I agree with Marcella. Time is too precious!

--
Carole
Champlain, NY
http://photos.yahoo.com/ceridwen_rhea
http://360.yahoo.com/ceridwen_rhea
Forum: Quilting January 16th 07, 11:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By C & S
Luncheon 2006

I do hope that everyone has had the opportunity to enjoy their little
goodies. If anyone has not rec'd their mug, please let me know at
ceridwen_rhea @ yahoo.com and I will make sure that it is...
Forum: Quilting January 13th 07, 12:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 29
Posted By C & S
Antique quilts quilted on long arm machine, sad story

Polly, I couldn't agree with you more. A skilled long arm quilted would
also choose the quilting pattern that is appropriate for the quilt. I have
seen amazing work from long arm quilters (Lucky...
Forum: Quilting January 12th 07, 06:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 29
Posted By C & S
Antique quilts quilted on long arm machine, sad story

In my own defence, my question to consult was just that. It appeared
obvious that the individual who had possessions of the quilts knew very
little. A knowledgable individual would have perhaps...
Forum: Quilting January 12th 07, 05:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By C & S
Guild Meeting

I'll have to make sure to look for them the next time I'm there. Rabbi
Heidi and I have met. I don't think she's a member of the guild yet, I
could be wrong.

I'm originally from Mtl. My family...
Forum: Quilting January 10th 07, 01:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By C & S
Changing access to rctq

You program your news server to OE. We use OE only for newsgroups. .

--
Carole
Champlain, NY
http://photos.yahoo.com/ceridwen_rhea
http://360.yahoo.com/ceridwen_rhea

My father always told me I...
Forum: Quilting January 10th 07, 01:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By C & S
Late "Note of Thanks"

I'll have to try that on DH and DD! lol If ever you need corks, I'm your
source. I have no clue as to why but everytime we open a bottle of wine,
the cork ends up in this drawer.

--...
Forum: Quilting December 25th 06, 05:45 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 37
Posted By C & S
Ok gals here it is

Looks like home to me! I am so happy for you. Very nice and I'm sure
you'll do wonders to it.

--
Carole
Champlain, NY
http://photos.yahoo.com/ceridwen_rhea
http://360.yahoo.com/ceridwen_rhea

My...
Forum: Quilting December 24th 06, 05:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 34
Posted By C & S
P L A N A H E Ad

I do also, however the only problem you come across is when you have white
fabric on top. Sometimes the bobbin thread, although tension is correct,
ends up showing on top. It boils down to a matter...
Forum: Quilting December 24th 06, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 34
Posted By C & S
P L A N A H E Ad

I beg to differ! You create masterpieces, no doubt Polly! As far as I'm
concerned, anything created with love is a masterpiece. Keep well!

--
Carole
Champlain,...