Showing results 1 to 25 of 96
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: lyn5
Forum: Quilting July 9th 10, 01:24 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By lyn5
future Baltimore quilt!

Oh what fun ! I can hardly wait to get my pieced quilt done so I can
get to something applique !

lyn
Forum: Quilting July 9th 10, 01:20 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By lyn5
OT Glider Plane covers

Oh BTW A glider flight is GREAT--so quiet.

lyn
Forum: Quilting July 9th 10, 01:17 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By lyn5
OT Glider Plane covers

Alice---Good job! I know what an undertaking that was. I have helped
DH cover our plane (not a glider) and it is work. Ive also had to make
a canopy cover for our other plane. They are lucky we didnt...
Forum: Quilting May 30th 10, 02:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By lyn5
What is this technique called?

On May 29, 4:49*pm, "Pat in Virginia" wrote:
Several years ago there was a minor craze to make fabric 'pictures' using
tiny scraps.

Snippets it is--------and yes it would...
Forum: Quilting May 16th 10, 08:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By lyn5
OT needing a Cookie Monster

On May 15, 8:15*am, "Polly Esther" wrote:
* * I'm wondering if the recipe was just not a good choice with
Mississippi's extreme humidity; maybe I should have left them in...
Forum: Quilting May 8th 10, 02:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By lyn5
New secret wish (not OT)

Sunny--I have many huge hand woven linen table cloths and have thought
of doing the same thing--so far its a thought. The best of luck--I
know it would work well.

lyn
Forum: Quilting May 7th 10, 01:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By lyn5
My new quilting toy

On May 6, 6:27*pm, IMS wrote:
After several months researching machines and weighing the pros and
cons of each model, I was fortunate enough to get a super deal on a
1-1/2 year old gently used...
Forum: Quilting March 31st 10, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By lyn5
OT Dyson won !

On Mar 31, 8:45*am, "KT in Mich" wrote:
"Taria" wrote in message

*With all the hairy...
Forum: Quilting March 31st 10, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By lyn5
OT Dyson won !

On Mar 30, 7:37*pm, Marcella Peek wrote:
Dysons don't even like thin carpets or area rugs so I doubt that they'd
love bare floors. *

If you have new carpets check...
Forum: Quilting March 30th 10, 01:18 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By lyn5
OT Dyson won !

After asking,awhile back about what kind of vacuum you all had and
liked----the Dyson won!! Got the purple dude, came home and vacuumed
--almost got ill at seeing all the dirt it picked up my other...
Forum: Quilting March 6th 10, 02:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By lyn5
OT portable spas

On Mar 5, 11:30*pm, Mary wrote:
I have been looking into ThermoSpa, which is a brand that can be
installed either as truly permanent or temporary, and which can be
Forum: Quilting February 18th 10, 08:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By lyn5
OT for gmail users

On Feb 18, 2:54*am, Roberta Roberta@Home wrote:
Got this message from my son-in-law, the computer expert:

"Just an important heads up - if you use Gmail, Google recently turned
on a new...
Forum: Quilting January 14th 10, 02:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
FMQ
Posted By lyn5
FMQ

On Jan 14, 7:40*am, "Lelandite" wrote:
found the following video of free motion quiltng and
thought I'd pass it on incase anyone else finds it useful.

Forum: Quilting January 1st 10, 04:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By lyn5
New SM on order

On Dec 28 2009, 8:39*pm, "Michelle C."
wrote:
I want to thank everyone who shared their favorite FMQ sewing machine
with me. *Everybody's response helped me...
Forum: Quilting November 18th 09, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By lyn5
machine stalling...

On Nov 17, 5:21*pm, amy in CNY wrote:
Well, Ms.White999 decided to start stalling when the pedal is pushed.
Just had her serviced not too long ago, too. Yes, she is an old...
Forum: Quilting November 11th 09, 02:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 44
Posted By lyn5
what is your most favourite applique method and why??

Ruby, you can buy freezer paper in sheets to run through the printer or
copier. *I usually just opt for tracing on regular FP. *I'm using some now
that I can't remember where I bought it so I...
Forum: Quilting November 9th 09, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 44
Posted By lyn5
what is your most favourite applique method and why??

On Nov 7, 8:02*pm, Julia in MN jaccola-AT-chartermi-
wrote:
Needle-turn with freezer paper on the top. Silk thread.

Julia in MN

--
-----------
Forum: Quilting November 7th 09, 03:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

On Nov 6, 3:37*pm, "What Can I Say"
wrote:
I was reading the condolances for Claudia and read one from Bonnie Patterson
and she mentioned her mother with...
Forum: Quilting September 29th 09, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 50
Posted By lyn5
Hand Applique Thread

On Sep 28, 1:16*pm, "teleflora" wrote:
I have become addicted to Hand Appliqué. *
Anyway, that's my Report on Hand Appliqué.

Cindy

Glad to get your report--and to...
Forum: Quilting September 19th 09, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
Posted By lyn5
a jigsaw for you

On Sep 18, 5:51*pm, "J*" wrote:
http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/7514786D8EF?m=3825072AFE.578F28E&z=6
see if this works.
j.

What fun !!!

lyn
Forum: Quilting August 24th 09, 02:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By lyn5
Thread save yourselves

On Aug 24, 8:31*am, Julia in MN jaccola-AT-chartermi-
wrote:
Machine appliqué may take a lot of colors, but hand appliqué certainly
doesn't if you use silk thread. I've done...
Forum: Quilting August 13th 09, 02:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 46
Posted By lyn5
Unveiling my quilting studio!

On Aug 12, 12:41*pm, "Leslie& The Furbabies in MO."
wrote:
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

How nice Leslie !!!!!! Now its time to enjoy it :)

lyn
Forum: Quilting August 6th 09, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 33
Posted By lyn5
What's stopping you??

O In n Aug 5, 4:53*pm, Sunny wrote:

Love applique and curves !! Love the look of stars but do not like
making them for some reason . Good thing quilters all like...
Forum: Quilting July 28th 09, 06:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 34
Posted By lyn5
Good thoughts needed

On Jul 28, 7:27*am, "Louise in Iowa" wrote:
I do hope the situation improves after the facility is made aware of the
treatment your MIL is receiving. That's just...
Forum: Quilting July 28th 09, 06:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 24
Posted By lyn5
OT again - because my last message went who knows where...

On Jul 28, 9:01*am, "Karen, Queen of Squishies"
wrote:
Prednisone round has ended after six weeks worth. And now I am breaking
out in itchy spots all over again, more every...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 96