Showing results 1 to 25 of 133
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: ted frater
Forum: Jewelry April 3rd 11, 06:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 12
Posted By ted frater
Orca Torch - leak?

AntoniaP wrote:
Hi,

I'm having a confusing time setting up my Orca torch - I don't think it
should be this hard!! I used this design of torch in my silversmithing
classes and never had any...
Forum: Jewelry October 21st 10, 03:14 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 17
Posted By ted frater
How to disinfect a yellow gold diamond ring I inherited

Peter W. Rowe wrote:
On Sun, 17 Oct 2010 19:07:40 -0700, in rec.crafts.jewelry "Nelly"
wrote:

Last time I bought a pre-owned ring from non-jeweler I ran it through...
Forum: Jewelry September 21st 10, 06:40 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 17
Posted By ted frater
How to disinfect a yellow gold diamond ring I inherited

Suzie wrote:
Hi everyone

I inherited a beautiful diamond ring from my mother last year who
passed away from various things. However the one thing that really
worries me is the MRSA staph...
Forum: Jewelry June 28th 10, 03:54 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 8
Posted By ted frater
Siver Soldering/Brazing

Ray Field wrote:
Hi this is my first post to this news group, my usual site is metalworking,
but in this case my problem is closer to jewellery so hopefully some one
here can help.
I have a...
Forum: Jewelry June 20th 10, 02:18 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 9
Posted By ted frater
Polishing compound question

Andrew Falanga wrote:
Hi,

Wow, has it been a long time since I've posted to this NG. My wife
and I are currently cutting a few topaz stones for a client and these
topaz are unlike...
Forum: Jewelry May 5th 10, 11:00 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 9
Posted By ted frater
New Project

Jack Schmidling wrote:
It's a lot easier to talk about a new project than to actually get
started. However, talking about it can provide the motivation to
actually get started. Sort of...
Forum: Jewelry February 12th 10, 04:14 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 16
Posted By ted frater
Silver Blueing

Jack Schmidling wrote:
I lost my access to usenet so I kind of lost track of this group.

As some of you may remember, I made some hand forged flatware a few
years ago.

details: ...
Forum: Jewelry September 29th 09, 10:33 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 12
Posted By ted frater
Traditional methods of diamond identification:-

William Black wrote:
Abrasha wrote:

Dude, it's time you educate
yourself and stop with your inane ramblings, and feigned interest in a
variety of subjects.

He's operating in...
Forum: Jewelry September 26th 09, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 8
Posted By ted frater
A new American citizen

Abrasha wrote:
Yesterday I became an American citizen.

http://gallery.me.com/abrasha#100346

Congratulations,
Great pictures.
you look just like you write,
and thats meant as a compliment.
Forum: Jewelry September 15th 09, 03:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 7
Posted By ted frater
Newbie question

SteveB wrote:
I'm helping a partially blind friend. He has some small pieces of polished
Brazilian quartz he wants to drill a hole into. I have found several
suppliers on line that will...
Forum: Jewelry September 13th 09, 07:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 7
Posted By ted frater
Newbie question

SteveB wrote:
I'm helping a partially blind friend. He has some small pieces of polished
Brazilian quartz he wants to drill a hole into. I have found several
suppliers on line that will...
Forum: Jewelry September 2nd 09, 11:13 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 29
Posted By ted frater
Antique Jewelry

Peter W. Rowe wrote:
On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 22:02:27 -0700, in rec.crafts.jewelry Ted Frater
wrote:

Do you Peter get the annual Goldsmiths Review, published by the
Forum: Jewelry September 1st 09, 06:02 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 29
Posted By ted frater
Antique Jewelry

Peter W. Rowe wrote:
On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 10:30:08 -0700, in rec.crafts.jewelry Ganesh
wrote:

This one's very easy to make
Forum: Jewelry June 27th 09, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 14
Posted By ted frater
Math

Abrasha wrote:
Ted Frater wrote:
R T Smith wrote:
"Ted Frater" wrote in message
| Peter W. Rowe wrote:
Forum: Jewelry June 26th 09, 03:10 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 14
Posted By ted frater
Math

R T Smith wrote:

"Ted Frater" wrote in message
| Peter W. Rowe wrote:
| On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 21:32:00 -0700, in...
Forum: Jewelry June 21st 09, 07:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 14
Posted By ted frater
Math

Peter W. Rowe wrote:
On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 21:32:00 -0700, in rec.crafts.jewelry Limpy
wrote:

I know there's a way to do this, but I can't remember...
Forum: Jewelry June 16th 09, 04:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 4
Posted By ted frater
Stupid Question?

wrote:
Hello People,
This is probably a stupid question, but is it possible to make
PMC jewelry using a torch or do you have to have a kiln?
Forum: Jewelry May 29th 09, 05:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 7
Posted By ted frater
Pin vise

Charlie Leo wrote:
I am using a sliding pin vise for wire wrapping. The vise is a mild
steel, but it wears very rapidly against 21 gauge copper, sterling and
gold filled square wire. After...
Forum: Jewelry April 23rd 09, 01:19 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 9
Posted By ted frater
First Cast and subsequent casts

Muso wrote:
On Apr 19, 12:35 am, Peter W. Rowe
wrote:
On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 22:26:59 -0700, in rec.crafts.jewelry Muso

Forum: Jewelry April 17th 09, 08:50 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 3
Posted By ted frater
Cuttlebone Casting

Muso wrote:
Okay, so first I went to my local Pet Smart, where I found a six-inch
cuttlebone in the bird aisle. I paid two dollars for it. After that,
I went to Michael's, where I bought a...
Forum: Jewelry April 10th 09, 08:40 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 19
Posted By ted frater
How to melt a penny

Carl 1 Lucky Texan wrote:
Abrasha wrote:
Muso wrote:

It is illegal to melt pennies.
So, why are you going out of your way to explain how to melt a penny?

BTW, your method...
Forum: Jewelry March 26th 09, 09:48 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 3
Posted By ted frater
I need to buy a 'Rolling Mill', any suggestions ?

Peter W. Rowe wrote:
On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 18:31:30 -0700, in rec.crafts.jewelry "FC..."
wrote:

I can't
promise I'll be adding all that much, unless you want...
Forum: Jewelry March 18th 09, 05:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 26
Posted By ted frater
I need to buy a 'Rolling Mill', any suggestions ?

Peter W. Rowe wrote:
On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 09:50:32 -0700, in rec.crafts.jewelry Abrasha
wrote:

Ted Frater wrote:
Id say for the small time user a combo mill...
Forum: Jewelry March 17th 09, 12:52 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 26
Posted By ted frater
I need to buy a 'Rolling Mill', any suggestions ?

Peter W. Rowe wrote:
On Sat, 14 Mar 2009 10:54:23 -0700, in rec.crafts.jewelry "FC..."
wrote:

Well those are both some pretty good points to consider...

Forum: Jewelry March 11th 09, 06:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 26
Posted By ted frater
I need to buy a 'Rolling Mill', any suggestions ?

FC... wrote:
Thanks for the info...

What about the PEPE mills, Are those any good ?

http://www.pepetools.com/viewcategory.php/categoryid/89

I found some of the above locally and...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 133