Showing results 1 to 25 of 30
Search took 0.68 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bev in TX[_2_]
Forum: Quilting April 8th 11, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Bev in TX[_2_]
2011 WHQG Quilt Show

This is a reminder for those who will be in the Houston, TX area
tomorrow or Saturday. The show is in Katy, just west of Houston, with
easy access off of I-10 ...

Bev in TX

On 4/3/11 6:49 AM,...
Forum: Quilting April 3rd 11, 12:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Bev in TX[_2_]
2011 WHQG Quilt Show

For those of you whow will be in the Houston, TX area this coming Friday
or Saturday (April 8-9), the West Houston Quilt Guild (WHQG) is having a
Quilt Show, "In a Quilter's Garden", on those days...
Forum: Quilting March 29th 11, 06:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Bev in TX[_2_]
apps for red and qhite quilt show

Someine posted this in another quilt group, for those without iPads, etc
(like me)...

http://www.flickr.com/groups/1587925@N24/pool/

Bev in TX

On 3/29/11 8:33 AM, Susan Laity Price wrote:
a...
Forum: Quilting March 26th 11, 03:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Bev in TX[_2_]
HUG Quilt Thank You

It tells me:

You must log in to see this page.

and then prompts for my password or for me to sig up for Facebook (never).

Bev in TX

On 3/26/11 6:28 AM, Dreamweaver wrote:
Forum: Quilting March 26th 11, 11:03 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Bev in TX[_2_]
HUG Quilt Thank You

Is there any way that you can make the pictures available to those of us
who do not do Facebook?

Thanks,
Bev in TX

On 3/26/11 4:44 AM, Dreamweaver wrote:
I have been blessed with a HUG. It...
Forum: Quilting March 12th 11, 03:25 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 0
Posted By Bev in TX[_2_]
OT Giffords Update

For who might like an update on the progress of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords,
you can see a video at the following:

http://www.khou.com/video?id=117784234&sec=548357

The sound is a bit bad in a few...
Forum: Quilting March 8th 11, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Bev in TX[_2_]
missing one bunny and therefore 1 block! (just ranting!)

I sent them a message and they fixed it.

Bev in TX

On 3/6/11 1:58 AM, claudia wrote:
Hi all.

Yesterday I had nothing better to do (LOL) than do through all the
fabshophop stores looking for...
Forum: Quilting March 7th 11, 05:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Bev in TX[_2_]
Sewing diagonal stripes onto a muslin backing?

To which book are you referencing?

Bev in TX

On 3/7/11 8:58 AM, Ed from AZ wrote:
We're off and running on another quilt adventure. And finding out
that what "some book" says is a wonderful...
Forum: Quilting March 7th 11, 10:26 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Bev in TX[_2_]
3D Flying Geese

How to make 3D Faux Cathedral Window Quilt Blocks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvXUvKIzYZY&feature=related

Bev in TX

On 3/6/11 7:41 PM, Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. wrote:
Two of those with...
Forum: Quilting February 24th 11, 06:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By Bev in TX[_2_]
New Polly photos posted - draught

3 ( Brit. draught) a current of cool air in a room or other confined
space : heavy curtains at the windows cut out drafts.

Bev in TX

On 2/24/11 11:21 AM, Polly Esther wrote:
We may have just a...
Forum: Quilting February 22nd 11, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Bev in TX[_2_]
Gadget Alert: new slant on old problem

Thanks, that worked and it was well worth waiting for it. It looks very
spiffy and handy :-).

Bev in TX

On 2/22/11 9:45 AM, Sartorresartus wrote:
Let's have another go at the link.

Forum: Quilting February 22nd 11, 01:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Bev in TX[_2_]
Gadget Alert: new slant on old problem

Nel,

I had a problem with that URL. It pops me back to the Photo Bucket main
page, http://photobucket.com/

I tried removing the ending "?action=organize" and was able to find your
picture...
Forum: Quilting February 22nd 11, 01:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Bev in TX[_2_]
Gadget Alert: new slant on old problem

How interesting! I am eagerly awaiting your pictures :-). I do have
some questions:

* What kind of nail punch did you use? I googled and most of those I
found punched fairly small holes. Since...
Forum: Quilting February 14th 11, 03:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By Bev in TX[_2_]
Red, White, and Black

When I think of a red, white & black quilt, I imagine a very bright &
almost startling combination. Your quilt is is not like that at all.
Instead I was pleasantly surprised to see a very pretty,...
Forum: Quilting February 13th 11, 04:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Bev in TX[_2_]
OT - Food Allergy/Intolerance Recipes

I just happened across the following site, which has numerous allergy
and gluten free recipes. I have not tried any of them yet, but they
look good :-). Is anyone familiar with this...
Forum: Quilting February 12th 11, 04:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Bev in TX[_2_]
Quilt Related Video

Someone posted this quilt related video on another quilt group. I found
it rather cute and thought some of you might also like to see it ...

http://www.nfb.ca/film/quilt/?ec=en20110209
--
Bev in...
Forum: Quilting February 12th 11, 12:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I've always wanted to try hand piecing a quilt and I think this will be
the one :-). However, Anneka designed the EQ6 project to use Inklingo
(NAYY), which:
* includes partial patches that can be...
Forum: Quilting February 11th 11, 03:15 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Bev in TX[_2_]
"Granny Square" Quilt

Anneke de Weerdt cleverly designed a quilt that looks like a Granny
Square afghan. You can see it at:

http://stofgenoeg.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/apple-core-trips-around-the-world.jpg
OR:...
Forum: Quilting February 5th 11, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Bev in TX[_2_]
Quilting question

The "rule of thumb" is to have the same quilting density throughout a
quilt. If you do that, then the whole quilt will generally wear at the
same rate. However, if the quilt will be carefully...
Forum: Quilting January 26th 11, 03:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 27
Posted By Bev in TX[_2_]
OT - but not totally. About my health.

I can only repeat what others have said about your grace & courage in
the face of adversity.

I like the Spanish saying for those going on a journey, "Vaya con dios"
-- "Go with God". My love,...
Forum: Quilting January 26th 11, 03:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Bev in TX[_2_]
OT - Dishwasher Review/update

Polly,
Hey, that bread proofer sounds like it would also be great for making
yogurt :-) -- just the right temperature. Do you think my DH would
spring for that "yogurt maker"? The only problem is...
Forum: Quilting January 26th 11, 12:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By Bev in TX[_2_]
I Finished That Sucker

All I can say is, WOW, what a beautiful quilt -- such striking colors :-)

Bev in TX

On 1/25/11 10:53 PM, Sherry wrote:

Thanks *everyone* for the input. So get on your galloping horses, put
on...
Forum: Quilting January 25th 11, 08:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Bev in TX[_2_]
OT - Dishwasher Review/update

Is this one of those in which the drain screen is easily cleaned? That
is a problem with our current dishwasher (broken).

Bev in TX

On 1/25/11 10:02 AM, AuntK wrote:
Not sure that anyone...
Forum: Quilting January 15th 11, 12:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 0
Posted By Bev in TX[_2_]
OT - The Reason for Rising Cotton Prices

Here is a short podcast that talks about why the price of cotton is
increasing this year. Please note that a lot of cotton is also grown in
TX (there are many fields in my area), which also had...
Forum: Quilting January 14th 11, 02:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 34
Posted By Bev in TX[_2_]
Pecan Pie recipe

Per Wikipdeia ...

"Today, the U.S. produces between 80% and 95% of the world's pecans,
with an annual crop of 150–200 thousand tons.[9] The nut harvest for
growers is typically around...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 30