Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Heikki
Forum: Knots August 8th 11, 06:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.knots
Replies: 5
Posted By Heikki
Best knot for tying dog to post?

Jens F. Acker wrote:

On 06/30/11 20:35, Baron wrote:
wrote:

This is a good opportunity to learn how to tie quick relase or
Forum: Knots November 3rd 09, 05:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.knots
Replies: 9
Posted By Heikki
How to Tie Knot to Dumbbell so Dumbbell Remains Vertical.

Bob Ptaker wrote:

On Nov 3, 10:05 am, Heikki wrote:
Bob Ptaker wrote:

To see a drawing of what the dumbbell looks like (not to scale) please
go he ...
Forum: Knots November 3rd 09, 03:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.knots

Bob Ptaker wrote:

To see a drawing of what the dumbbell looks like (not to scale) please
go he http://www.atrprinting.com/RGL/ It is a solid piece. If
you have an idea without a sack,...
Forum: Knots September 21st 08, 07:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.knots
Replies: 5
Posted By Heikki
Easy question. What knot is this?

Davej wrote:

Ok experts, what is this? It looks simple. It must be well known.
http://home.att.net/~galt_57/mystery_knot.jpg

It looks like some relative of the Benson bend. Except that in the...
Forum: Knots May 5th 08, 09:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.knots
Replies: 5
Posted By Heikki
adjustable stopper knot?

telos wrote:
This is probably going to be a really stupid question, but does anyone
know if there's anything like an "adjustable" stopper knot?

What I'd like to be able to do is tie the...
Forum: Knots December 9th 07, 01:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.knots
Replies: 11
Posted By Heikki
The Sheet bend; safe or unsafe.

Bernie Cosell wrote:

Heikki wrote:

I can't speak for consensus, but my copy of Brion Toss' "Riggers
Apprentice" is quoting a table from the Ashley Book of Knots, testing
Forum: Knots December 7th 07, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.knots
Replies: 11
Posted By Heikki
The Sheet bend; safe or unsafe.

jeff wrote:

You should take all old references with a big grain of salt. They were
all before the day of synthetic fibers and thus simply do not apply to
modern applications.

True. Ashley...
Forum: Knots December 7th 07, 09:00 AM Posted to rec.crafts.knots
Replies: 11
Posted By Heikki
The Sheet bend; safe or unsafe.

Michiel Buddingh' wrote:

Hello group,
Maria Constantino's The Knot Handbook, in Dutch translation on page 184,
has the following to say about the sheet bend:

``Nevertheless, this is not...
Forum: Knots June 27th 07, 09:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.knots
Replies: 2
Posted By Heikki
Whipping 8-strand rope

Dan Lehman wrote:

On Jun 1, 2:34 am, Heikki wrote:
Heikki, I agree with you that a whipping should be no problem
here; one simply needs to use appropriate material for it....
Forum: Knots June 1st 07, 07:39 AM Posted to rec.crafts.knots
Replies: 2
Posted By Heikki
splicing

F P wrote:

I like to find a DVD on how to splice 8 strand rope 12 strand rope and
splicing wire rope.
I can not find any maybe you can help me

Not a DVD, and not about wire rope, but...
Forum: Knots June 1st 07, 07:34 AM Posted to rec.crafts.knots
Replies: 2
Posted By Heikki
Whipping 8-strand rope

We have got a roll of rope for new hawsers on our ship. It is 8 strand
braided construction, 35mm in diameter, and feels quite stiff. We can
figure out how to splice an eye in one end (if we decide...
Forum: Knots May 13th 07, 10:34 AM Posted to rec.crafts.knots
Replies: 3
Posted By Heikki
How to finish 3-lead 4-bight turk's head?

wrote:

I'm trying to tie the aforementioned turk's head, and I get to the
point there I've doubled it. The problem is, the guide I'm using
doesn't specify how to finish...
Forum: Knots April 25th 07, 08:34 AM Posted to rec.crafts.knots
Replies: 5
Posted By Heikki
Kids climbing Cargo Net

Internode wrote:

I would like to make a kids climbing cargo net from 10mm nylon rope. I
have bought some bolt in rings and eyes to anchor it to the climbing gym.

Any ideas on what knots I...
Forum: Knots March 30th 07, 07:44 AM Posted to rec.crafts.knots
Replies: 2
Posted By Heikki
Pardon, TEST

FEC130E wrote:

Test:

ich, ni, san, shi, go.......

Receiving you LOUD and _clear_ in Copenhagen.

But the test failed to reach alt.test, and instead ended up in
rec.crafts.knots. Better luck...
Forum: Knots March 20th 07, 07:50 AM Posted to rec.crafts.knots
Replies: 7
Posted By Heikki
A save your life knot

RMS wrote:

Some time back I remember reading about a knot that one should learn to
tie in case one fell off a boat.
It was a situation where a line was trailing behind the boat and the
Forum: Knots January 16th 07, 08:22 AM Posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.crafts.knots
Replies: 16
Posted By Heikki
Can anyone ID this knot?

Sorry, I lost the attribution to this

FWIW, bowline failures are quite rare - while its often
discussed few people can offer a recent example

But I saw a bowline failure last weekend! My...
Forum: Knots December 31st 06, 12:31 PM Posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.crafts.knots
Replies: 16
Posted By Heikki
Can anyone ID this knot?

Peter wrote:

Both variants are legal and it depends on the use case. Tail outside is
better, if you have to fix it e.g. around a pole.

But depends on traditions, which kind of bowline (tail...
Forum: Knots December 20th 06, 08:26 AM Posted to rec.crafts.knots
Replies: 6
Posted By Heikki
A new way of making the zeppelin bend?

wrote:

Now I see it. Yes, they are different, and in the way you say.

Does that mean that you have invented a new bend? Congratulations! Now we
have to find out the...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18