Showing results 1 to 25 of 60
Search took 1.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: jennell
Forum: Quilting October 6th 06, 04:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By jennell
OT finishing the week on a high note

A perfect gift for a hand sewer! I checked out some more of your
photos and I have decided that I want the 'owl tea cosy'' for my
owlhousefull collection - thanking you in advance, jennellh (change...
Forum: Quilting October 6th 06, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By jennell
seam roller tool

Check out the tool section at your local paint/wallpaper store before
spending extra dollars for something labelled for quilting/sewing.
jennellh (change the mail to news)

Sandy Foster wrote:
In...
Forum: Quilting October 6th 06, 01:02 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By jennell
OT- Is this true, Polly?

Is what true? jennellh (change the mail to news)

polly esther wrote:
You bet your boots it's true. That's why we have double fencing. "They
say" gators can and will climb a fence but so far,...
Forum: Quilting October 6th 06, 12:55 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By jennell
Ruler questions

One of my first rulers was the Starmaker 6 - I bought it to make my
first quilt - love the angle.
Kaye Wood's Quilting Friends has just started showing again on my PBS
station - I was beginning to...
Forum: Quilting October 6th 06, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By jennell
Ruler questions

I definitely could use the fabric folding/replace on the shelf ruler
myself.
jennellh (change the mail to news)

Ellen wrote:
Judy wrote:
Or, better yet, someone will invent one that will NOT...
Forum: Quilting October 6th 06, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By jennell
Ruler questions

It seems that you will have to arrange payment for this type of ruler
with Kathy A.!
jennellh (change the mail to news)
Judy wrote:
Or, better yet, someone will invent one that will NOT allow...
Forum: Quilting October 6th 06, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By jennell
question about contest quilts

Would those same prize winners have come out on top if they'd used
other fabric selections - probably 'yes'. The prize isn't given for
the fabric but the workmanship and all the other factors judged...
Forum: Quilting October 6th 06, 12:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By jennell
neat dilemna -- opinions? suggestions?

I envy you - I just missed the commissioning cocktail party aboard the
QE2 when I moved to S'oton in 1970 - loved the sea and the ships.
The quilt is a perfect idea and you could pass the time now...
Forum: Quilting October 4th 06, 02:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By jennell
Ruler questions

There are many specific function rulers out there such as the Bethany
Reynold's Stack n' Whack versus the Marti Michell Kaleidoscope rulers.
Which one of these two, for instance, would also give the...
Forum: Quilting September 29th 06, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By jennell
American Quilters' Survey

http://www.quilts.com.

Scroll down for a link to a pdf of the Quilters' Survey Results - How
typical are you?

jennellh(change the mail to news)
http://community.webshots.com/user/barnyowl
Forum: Quilting September 27th 06, 02:08 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By jennell
OT - new pictures on webshots

My first thought was that the 'common area' is bias and could have been
pulled out of shape - measuring for the borders should have been
through the centre of the quilt and not along the bias edges -...
Forum: Quilting September 25th 06, 04:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 64
Posted By jennell
Focus on Design: Storm at Sea

Yes, Kellie, those two patterns together with the colour shading works
well over that entire quilt.
jennellh (change the mail to news)
http://community.webshots.com/user/barnyowl

Kellie J. Berger...
Forum: Quilting September 24th 06, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 64
Posted By jennell
Focus on Design: Storm at Sea

HI Pat - I don't have a Storm at Sea in the works but I do find it to
be an intriguing design - so many possibilities to play with - trouble
is to choose the colour palette to begin with. I also...
Forum: Quilting September 19th 06, 11:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By jennell
Chenille pot holder instructions

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/422605656EOvevR

I found this webshots album while browsing today and I thought that
many of you might like another idea to use up the stash.

jennellh...
Forum: Quilting September 18th 06, 01:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By jennell
Binding

I do use my machine to stitch down the bindings in certain items and I
always pin through the 'ditch' line after turning the binding to catch
it with the pin at the back. This lets me know in...
Forum: Quilting September 16th 06, 08:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By jennell
Fabric Mover

The fabric mover is just now appearing up in Canada - the dealers are
in the process of taking lessons themselves and a final retail price
hasn't been decided upon. It is an interesting concept and...
Forum: Quilting September 16th 06, 01:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By jennell
Felter machine

Hi Polly, it became a toss up between the felting accessory for my
Brother or a new air cleaner with permanent filters which came on sale
this week (both prices are the same). I asked my nephew if...
Forum: Quilting September 16th 06, 01:55 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By jennell
Felter machine

Further to Boca Jan's earlier question regarding felting accessories -
while browsing earlier today, I came across a home felting machine from
Babylock called "Embellisher".
Felting is its only...
Forum: Quilting September 13th 06, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By jennell
OT Felting

The Brother 1500 felting accessory comes with a felting needle plate,
needle attachment, cup to catch lint underneath in the bobbin area (no
bobbin or thread used in this technique) plus some wool...
Forum: Quilting September 13th 06, 01:26 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 29
Posted By jennell
Am I invisible?

I would have thought that the onus of the transport/insurance problem
would be on the shoulders of the particular museum involved. Have you
asked them about travel arrangements for your quilts and...
Forum: Quilting September 11th 06, 04:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By jennell
How to make a troll quilt. You may need to park your coffee...

Why waste a good cardboard box though?
jennellh(change the mail to news)

Kate Dicey wrote:
Trolls are very common at present, and therefore cheap. In fact, with
very little patience, you can...
Forum: Quilting September 8th 06, 03:08 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 54
Posted By jennell
I'm going to make a chocolate quilt for me!

It's must be late - I read 'chocolate covered quilt' and had visions of
a large vat of chocolate ready to receive the dunked quilt'! Ah
well.....
jennellh(change the mail to...
Forum: Quilting September 6th 06, 04:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 100
Posted By jennell
QI Inventory??

My QI inventory is still 4 even though I lost Charlie (25yo) at the end
of April - his shower photos are still to be seen in my webshots family
album. My oldest cat now is Jessie at 14yo - a gentle...
Forum: Quilting September 5th 06, 09:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 47
Posted By jennell
I have not made a quilt afterall!

It is possible that he will see the light before Sunday - jennellh

Jacqueline wrote:
Not often do I stand up to our pastor on something like this but if it
is something that means a lot to me I...
Forum: Quilting September 5th 06, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 47
Posted By jennell
I have not made a quilt afterall!

I agree, jennellh

maryd wrote:
to me a quilt and a tapestry are totally different. Too bad your minister
didn't follow your lead.

--
Mary
Showing results 1 to 25 of 60