Showing results 1 to 25 of 35
Search took 0.23 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Vic
Forum: Glass April 17th 08, 10:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 6
Posted By Vic
Polished Zinc Came?

You plate the entire window after its built, but before putty. You
can plate a leaded window too. Many Frank Lloyd Wright zinc windows
were plated copper.

Vic

On Apr 17, 3:44*pm, "michele"...
Forum: Glass February 23rd 08, 09:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 0
Posted By Vic
conference

The American Glass Guild (AGG) is pleased to announce their third
annual conference to be held
August 1-3rd, 2008, followed by two days of tours of important stained
glass installations in...
Forum: Glass October 30th 07, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 5
Posted By Vic
Tiffany at the Metropolitan

There was a Tiffany exhibit at the Met call "Laurelton Hall", but I
think it's over. They always have some Tiffany, LaFarge and other
stained glass on pediment display.

The New York Historical...
Forum: Glass October 28th 07, 03:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 16
Posted By Vic
Shift to fusing

Wissmach has a fusing and slumping tutorial on their web site. The COE
of Wissmach is 94
Vic
Forum: Glass October 28th 07, 03:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 16
Posted By Vic
Slag glass

Slag is the residue at the bottom of the glass furnace. Also antique
dealers refer to opal glass as slag, IE slag glass lamps.

Vic

On Oct 13, 10:17 pm, Michael wrote:
I was...
Forum: Glass June 22nd 07, 11:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 6
Posted By Vic
Conference

The SGAA selects it's locations when someone steps up and voluntaries
to host the conference. They try to do East, Central and West in
successive years. As I said if the AGG can get someone to "host"...
Forum: Glass June 20th 07, 10:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 6
Posted By Vic
Conference

Me being factious? The SGAA had last years conference in Louisville.
Based on various conferences that are held all over the country
(except Vegas) more people attend the ones East coast. We have...
Forum: Glass June 17th 07, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 6
Posted By Vic
Conference

On Jun 11, 9:21 pm, (racing John) wrote:
looks like a cool group, can you bring it to Louisville sometime

It would be a lot easier for you to go to the conference then have...
Forum: Glass June 5th 07, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 6
Posted By Vic
Conference

The American Glass Guild will be holding it's second annual conference
in Providence RI on July 25-29. The hotel discount will be ending
soon. For more info go to

www.americanglassguild.org
Forum: Glass January 28th 07, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 2
Posted By Vic
Silver stain suppliers

Both Cliff and his stain are alive and well.

Try 603-835-6235 or
Forum: Glass December 27th 06, 10:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 5
Posted By Vic
painting glass

They would need to screen 1 color at a time. Seams very labor intense.
Not knowing for sure. I would guess that they could use a large fired
decal. Or just a color printed litho (paper) and glue it...
Forum: Glass December 27th 06, 10:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 5
Posted By Vic
painting glass

They would need to screen 1 color at a time. Seams very labor intense.
Not knowing for sure. I would guess that they could use a large fired
decal. Or just a color printed litho (paper) and glue it...
Forum: Glass November 8th 06, 11:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 23
Posted By Vic
Black plate glass

nJb wrote:
Back in the old days they used to cover store fronts with thick glass
panels. I'm looking for some black plate. I've got blue and gray. Need
3'x3'. Anybody have any leads?

Forum: Glass October 20th 06, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 2
Posted By Vic
Cutting strips...

Moonraker wrote:
OK...everybody knows how to cut straight line parallel strips.

How do you cut multiple circular strips, i.e., in a quarter circle, a 1/2"
strip with parallel edges?

Forum: Glass October 11th 06, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 7
Posted By Vic
Crackle Glass Cylinder?

try Blenko in West Virgina. They make crackle vases as part of their
regular line of products
Forum: Glass October 5th 06, 09:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 31
Posted By Vic
Pre-fuse glass cleaning

Don't know about fingerprints at fusing temperatures. But, at slumping
and painting temperatures (1250 degrees and below), the fingerprints
become a permanent part of the glass. I clean with alcohol.
Forum: Glass October 5th 06, 09:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 31
Posted By Vic
Pre-fuse glass cleaning

Don't know about fingerprints at fusing temperatures. But, at slumping
and painting temperatures (1250 degrees and below), the fingerprints
become a permanent part of the glass. I clean with alcohol.
Forum: Glass October 5th 06, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 31
Posted By Vic
Pre-fuse glass cleaning

wrote:

Guess you haven't seen fused on fingerprints.

Andy

Fingerprints will fuse on if sandwiched between 2 pieces of glass but
will burn off if on the...
Forum: Glass September 8th 06, 01:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 14
Posted By Vic
Inland Cement....

Moonraker
It's been over a week now. What happened? How did you remove the putty?

Vic
Forum: Glass August 30th 06, 11:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 14
Posted By Vic
Inland Cement....

Moonraker wrote:
I'm getting my ass whupped by a panel that is cemented with that damn stuff.
I have about 8 pcs to replace in a full door panel.

A while back I asked Inland about what would...
Forum: Glass August 15th 06, 02:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 14
Posted By Vic
New Glazing Stuff

glassman wrote:
Anyone else get a sample of those thin black plastic strips to be used in
the lead came hearts? I got a handful of them in the mail to try out. You
insert them and then use a...
Forum: Glass August 9th 06, 11:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 24
Posted By Vic
Firing Paint Questions REPORT

wrote:
glassman wrote:
Report on firing black Dekka paint on yellow GNA. Fired to 1200. As it
approached 1100 or so I peeked and the black started to disappear. Now...
Forum: Glass August 9th 06, 11:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass

wrote:
glassman wrote:
Report on firing black Dekka paint on yellow GNA. Fired to 1200. As it
approached 1100 or so I peeked and the black started to disappear. Now...
Forum: Glass August 9th 06, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 24
Posted By Vic
Firing Paint Questions REPORT

Glassman@work wrote:
"glassman" wrote in message

DOH! I have this box of leftover paint bottles I inherited. How do I
know...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 35