Showing results 1 to 25 of 60
Search took 2.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: joan8904
Forum: Quilting October 6th 09, 02:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 27
Posted By joan8904
OVER THE RIVER and finished! (with picture of same)

The geese have made a short detour to hang at the shop for a month
until I'm ready to bring it back home. They did a 'cloud' pattern in
the all-over long-arm quilting that looks really cool across...
Forum: Quilting September 28th 09, 01:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 27
Posted By joan8904
How many projects are you working on - now?

On Sep 28, 7:17�am, Bonnie NJ wrote:
I've wondered if I have a problem. �When I stop to think of all the
quilting projects I am currently working on - some more than...
Forum: Quilting September 18th 09, 01:36 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By joan8904
Magnifier lenses for close up stitching/quilting/thread painting?

On Sep 17, 7:16�pm, "Bobbie Sews More" wrote:
I saw reading glasses at "The Dollar Tree" for $1 a pair and bought a few in
different strengths for use in reading,...
Forum: Quilting September 15th 09, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 27
Posted By joan8904
OVER THE RIVER and finished! (with picture of same)

On Sep 15, 11:35�am, Roberta Roberta@Home wrote:
Lovely! The embroidery makes it so light and delicate. (Although I
would have changed the flying geese corners just a bit, if you don't
mind...
Forum: Quilting September 9th 09, 12:11 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 48
Posted By joan8904
Quiltmaker Magazine

On Sep 8, 6:04�pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
Bummer. �I was looking forward to seeing just what rctq could do if they
launched an all-out attack. �Polly

"Sandy"...
Forum: Quilting August 31st 09, 01:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 24
Posted By joan8904
anyone near CA fires?

On Aug 30, 10:17�pm, Susan Laity Price
wrote:
Ginger mentioned in a footnote that she was 40 miles from the fires.
Is anyone else of our group near Acton?

We...
Forum: Quilting August 25th 09, 02:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 31
Posted By joan8904
continuous bias binding-warning!

On Aug 25, 7:48�am, "Polly Esther" wrote:
That 'Noel' quilt I made had something like 465" of vines. �All I did was
establish true bias and cut. �Fortunately, there...
Forum: Quilting August 25th 09, 01:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By joan8904
Finished stash top; with pic

On Aug 24, 8:07�am, kratersge wrote:
I've been wanting to make a sort of scrappy Irish Chain for a long
time; finally got a chance. �It actually ended up very different...
Forum: Quilting August 22nd 09, 12:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By joan8904
I have a new toy.

On Aug 22, 12:02�am, Joanna wrote:
Great! Let's us know how it works for you. I would love to hear what's
good and what's not. Hope you have fun with it. I'm at that...
Forum: Quilting August 15th 09, 10:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 24
Posted By joan8904
Walmart quilts

And I'm sincerely grateful that she's NOT going to be coming into 'my'
quilt store for an appraisal!

joan :
Forum: Quilting August 14th 09, 11:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By joan8904
Over the River Embroidery -- One Done!

On Aug 14, 12:12�pm, "Donna in NE La."
wrote:
Beautiful! What did you use for the backing fabric?

--
Donna in NE La.
kd maine 77 at yahoo dot com"joan8904"...

On Aug 13, 8:03�pm, joan8904 wrote:
Second panel is finished!http://www.flickr.com/photos/28328779@N00/3819401232/in/set-721576126...

joan
Forum: Quilting August 14th 09, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By joan8904
Over the River Embroidery -- One Done!

Second panel is finished!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28328779@N00/3819401232/in/set-72157612627087057/

joan
Forum: Quilting August 4th 09, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By joan8904
Templates .....

And if it's something that you're going to use over and over, you can
get acrylic templates made from your sample at most glass replacement
companies.
joan
Forum: Quilting August 4th 09, 08:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By joan8904
Templates .....

Avoid templates if at all possible?

If that's not possible, with some shapes you can affix the template
underneath an acrylic ruler, aligning the at least one edge. Use
scotch tape. Sometimes you...
Forum: Quilting August 2nd 09, 02:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By joan8904
Very Cool Halloween Quilting and Bag

On Aug 2, 7:53�am, Roberta Roberta@Home wrote:
You're right, very cool, but I'm having trouble seeing where to start
and end. (Also of limited usage around here, with DD2 a serious
Forum: Quilting July 31st 09, 11:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By joan8904
China dishes quilt finished!

On Jul 31, 1:01�pm, dealer83 wrote:
My third quilt is finally done! �This will be a Christmas present for
a dear friend who loves blue and collects antique blue and...
Forum: Quilting July 31st 09, 03:22 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By joan8904
Speaking of gadgets, gizmos, and the like... [Cricut]

On Jul 30, 7:41�pm, "Dr. Zachary Smith"
wrote:
Hi Pati,

I don't recall much through the migraine fog, but what I can recall
was thinking more along the lines of...
Forum: Quilting July 30th 09, 12:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By joan8904
Sewing Binding Onto Baby Quilt

On Jul 29, 4:12�pm, "Brenda J." wrote:
I have been working on a baby quilt for my new granddaughter and I am down
to the binding. �This is my second baby quilt...
Forum: Quilting July 23rd 09, 01:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By joan8904
Over the River Embroidery -- One Done!

On Jul 22, 11:46�pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
Had to laugh. �So glad you painted your toenails before taking the picture.
Polly

Certainly did not want naked toenails in...
Forum: Quilting July 23rd 09, 01:33 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By joan8904
Over the River Embroidery -- One Done!

On Jul 22, 7:31�pm, "Dr. Zachary Smith"
wrote:
Hi Joan,

I was expecting a quilt block - that panel is really nice...

...and gotta love the feet. �Can you...
Forum: Quilting July 2nd 09, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By joan8904
Video of P-nut in Cincinnati

On Jul 1, 7:13�pm, "KimW" wrote:
That is just awesome Joan. Funny coincidence is that I had just been
listening to 311 on youtube last night when I came across this...
Forum: Quilting July 1st 09, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By joan8904
New Tote Bag

On Jul 1, 4:47�pm, "Donna in NE La." wrote:
Cute bag, Joan. But 40 yo-yos???

--
Donna in NE La.
"joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska" wrote in...

On Jun 29, 5:12�pm, Sunny wrote:
I've got several wonderful projects sitting, ready to go. One is even
halfway cut out and is the easiest little lap quilt on earth. But...
Forum: Quilting June 22nd 09, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By joan8904
Weekend Accomplishments

On Jun 22, 7:36�am, Roberta Roberta@Home wrote:
That rose tote is soo cute! Are the roses washable?
Roberta in D

On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 13:53:33 -0700 (PDT), joan8904 in Bellevue

Showing results 1 to 25 of 60