Showing results 1 to 24 of 24
Search took 0.46 seconds.
Forum: Quilting April 25th 08, 11:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Good to 'see' you all!

Life has been a real bowl full of something-or-other lately. I have
not even had the time to lurk here! Glad to check back in and see so
many familiar names still here. I'll read some of the old...
Forum: Quilting June 6th 07, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Anyone doing the Shop Hop by the Bay?

On Jun 6, 12:39 am, "Pauline" wrote:
I haven't done this particular shop hop, but in addition to Marcella's very
experienced suggestions, I thought I'd just add a tip...
Forum: Quilting June 5th 07, 09:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Anyone doing the Shop Hop by the Bay?

Hello all!
I don't get to post much but I enjoy keeping up by reading whenever I
can. I will be in the Bay area in
late June (whooohooo!!!) just in time for the hop. It runs from June
20 - 24 and...
Forum: Quilting April 26th 07, 03:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Where Did You All Go?

On Apr 25, 6:39 pm, joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska
wrote:
There were no new posts in the newsgroup for over 24 hours. I read
thru Google. Was it just down for me?

joan

I...
Forum: Quilting January 30th 07, 02:44 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Help finding a fabric!

Hi all!

I'm looking for a fabric. It is a Pam Mostek fabric and is called
Moonflowers. You can see the fabric he

http://www.clothworkstextiles.com/designer_bio.asp?ID=7

This comes in other...
Forum: Quilting November 15th 06, 06:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 69
Posted By [email protected]
Beg - send an ugly, please

Hi Polly,
I'm not in the directory yet, either. Please send me your addy - so how
many uglies do you want (LOL)? I have a number that I look at and
scratch my head and mutter 'What was I...
Forum: Quilting November 2nd 06, 02:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 46
Posted By [email protected]
Twisted Bargello Class... day 1 OOPS!

Hello again!
I am so sorry about the multiple messages; I usually can post a bit
more proficiently. I tried posting and Google stalled then told me to
log on again and try again. So I was under the...
Forum: Quilting November 2nd 06, 02:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 46
Posted By [email protected]
Twisted Bargello Class... day 1

Hi Kate!
This is a fun project. You can look at my completed top he
http://community.webshots.com/user/materialgirl12 (see Quilt top for
Dad). My teacher was
very good at providing hints that made...
Forum: Quilting November 2nd 06, 02:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 46
Posted By [email protected]
Twisted Bargello Class... day 1

Hi Kate!
It's a fun project. You can see the top I put together he
http://community.webshots.com/user/materialgirl12 ( see Quilt top for
Dad).
I tend to agree that I had to read between the lines...
Forum: Quilting November 1st 06, 07:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
I'm going on a retreat!

Enjoy! It may become a habit! I attended my second retreat a few weeks
ago. I've posted pictures of the beautiful setting we were in
http://community.webshots.com/user/materialgirl12 (look at the...
Forum: Quilting October 18th 06, 01:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 81
Posted By [email protected]
Roll Call: What did you do "quilty" today?

Yes, it is the bargello. Fall colors are my absolute favorites!
Part of the reason I was attracted to our house in the first place had
to do with the cool vantage point for taking photographs- how...
Forum: Quilting October 17th 06, 03:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 81
Posted By [email protected]
Roll Call: What did you do "quilty" today?

Will do ! But this may take a while to finish as all my projects do. I
finished only the top of last year's class. Here it is...
http://community.webshots.com/user/materialgirl12
(I hope the link...
Forum: Quilting October 17th 06, 02:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 81
Posted By [email protected]
Roll Call: What did you do "quilty" today?

No sewing here, either. That will happen in a few days. I've washed
and cut about 10 yards of fabric into half yards and fat quarters in an
assortment of lights, mediums and darks. I also tested out...
Forum: Quilting October 11th 06, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Need recommendation -- super wide quilt backs...

I just found out about this site and did not see it previously
mentioned:
www.widefabrics.com .
I have never used them so I can't help there. Have fun!
DeNise

Kate G. wrote:
what online stores...
Forum: Quilting October 5th 06, 02:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By [email protected]
Thread Sale

Thanks for the post! I need to stock up for an upcoming retreat.
DeNise

Cats wrote:
For those who don't get the newsletter, Back Forty has YLI
Silk and Aurifil at 30% off ATM

NAYY - and...
Forum: Quilting October 3rd 06, 03:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
fabshop hop is anyone participating

I always have to find them all - my idiosyncracy. I've won a $10
certificate once and also a $25 fabric prize. I just like seeing what
the shops online have to offer.
DeNise

Jacqueline wrote:
I am...
Forum: Quilting October 3rd 06, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
Quilts, Etc.

I bought 600 tc sheets on overstocks.com a while back. Fabulous sheets
and a fraction of the prices you've listed. NAYY...
DeNise

Jacqueline wrote:
I was thinking more of the quilts at JC Penny...
Forum: Quilting October 3rd 06, 03:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Gee's Bend Quilts Article

Thanks for the link to the Smithsonian site, Steve! I was wondering
when the next exhibition would hit the road. I so enjoyed the showing
in Cleveland; the ladies were absolutely delightful! While...
Forum: Quilting September 27th 06, 12:01 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 59
Posted By [email protected]
Most used machine

maryd wrote:
What sewing machine do you use the most?...

Hi Mary!
Excellent thread! I'm enjoying reading all the replies!
The two tied at the top are the Pfaff 6091 for piecing and Pfaff 7570
for...
Forum: Quilting September 12th 06, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Fabric Mover

I tried the fabric mover and like Gen also found it awkward. I think it
would be great if you are new to machine quilting - then you may be
more successful 'training' your foot to simply press on...
Forum: Quilting September 6th 06, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
OT Comfy Shoes OT

Thank you, Pat! I have flat feet and am always on the lookout for
comfortable shoes. It's nice to see stylish offerings - I've been
wearing fairly dorky shoes all of my life and some have been...
Forum: Quilting August 17th 06, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
OT posting with Google

Hi Marigold!
I can see your post just fine! I soon will no longer have news server
access so I will only be able to post in Google as well. Thus far it's
worked okay for me. Sorry that I don't have...
Forum: Quilting August 17th 06, 02:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Found--Lots of quilt show pictures

Thanks for sharing!
DeNise

Debra wrote:
While looking at WebShots listings I found lots of quilt show album
listings and thought I'd share them with others who want to go visit a
virtual quilt...
Forum: Quilting August 14th 06, 01:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 50
Posted By [email protected]
Oh my...... stunned by the news........ On topic.

Congratulations! Happy dancin' for ya! Make sure you post the pix once
you get it back!
DeNise

Pati Cook wrote:
I just got around to checking my e-mail, and found an announcement that
has me...
Showing results 1 to 24 of 24