Showing results 1 to 25 of 69
Search took 0.44 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: recarlos
Forum: Quilting September 5th 07, 09:56 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By recarlos
Quilting pattern transfer

Still catching up on the postings, but I have no idea what Press and Seal
is.
Is it another crossover product.. How does it work? I can't imagine
quilting with Gladwrap.
Ruth
Sydney.
Still limping...
Forum: Quilting August 29th 07, 03:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By recarlos
OT Hi from Downunder

I am just as guilty, I have been having so much trouble with bronchitis, and
rotten colds in the house, that the fact that I still can't walk without
pain, seems to pale into oblivion. I am now...
Forum: Quilting August 11th 07, 02:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 31
Posted By recarlos
VERY OT Water heaters without a tank

Can you get "Off-Peak" Electricity?
This heats your water at night when there is less demand for power and
therefore the amount you use costs less perKwt. My MIL had one and it worked
for her with...
Forum: Quilting August 10th 07, 03:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By recarlos
OT- Calling All Auzzies

Even a small 'roo can be very hard to handle. Don't let it grab you around
the neck or it will rake it's back feet down your front and rip you open.
Shoot it, even a tranquilizer gun will make...
Forum: Quilting May 19th 07, 01:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By recarlos
Malvern 2007

Captain James Cook was born.
Ruth
Sydney
"Patti" wrote in message
I was delivering my quilt!
It's called '1728'; and, if you...
Forum: Quilting May 16th 07, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By recarlos
Totally OT for Kiwis

A bit like Spring in Scotland then? That's encouraging!
Thanks Jack.
Ruth
Sydney
"Jack Campin - bogus address" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting May 15th 07, 03:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By recarlos
Totally OT for Kiwis

The Master of the Remote is considering a September holiday in NZ.
What is the weather like at that time of the year, please, when is Spring in
the Land of the Long White Cloud?
Ruth
Sydney
Forum: Quilting May 8th 07, 06:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 110
Posted By recarlos
OT Humour - Written & Spoken English

"CATS" wrote in message
The one English name that always had me bemused was the
terribly upper crust name of "St John". How that...
Forum: Quilting May 6th 07, 04:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 110
Posted By recarlos
OT Humour - Written & Spoken English

A Housewife(hussif) is a sewing case. A housewife is just that.
Remembering that makes me feel old.:((
Ruth, feeling decrepit,
Sydney
"CATS" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting May 6th 07, 03:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 110
Posted By recarlos
OT Humour - Written & Spoken English

You have to admit it is a great language.
What other would pronounce 'Housewife' as 'hussif'? And 'ate' as 'et'
Even if a Brummie accent makes it a bit crazier there is still a difference
between...
Forum: Quilting May 3rd 07, 02:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By recarlos
Very OT - question for my fellow Aussies

That is because the site crashed about 5pm today. Too many trying to
register at the same time.
www.donotcall.gov.au
Maybe tomorrow.. I was about to do it this afternoon but I got a
telemarketing...
Forum: Quilting May 2nd 07, 11:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By recarlos
I need a fabric detective

Wow that looks very close to what I need I will contact them about the
deepest shade.
Thank you very much, it's great.
Ruth
Sydney
wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting May 1st 07, 09:39 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By recarlos
I need a fabric detective/thanks

Thank you all very much for your help.
I have to thank John also for the fabulous link he sent. There are some
wonderful things
on there. Very dangerous the Waves collection is to die for.And the...
Forum: Quilting April 30th 07, 11:52 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By recarlos
I need a fabric detective

I am trying to find some fabric that changes shad across it's width.
Does it exist? I need some that goes from very pale yellow to a middling
yellow .
I have seen some that changes colour but not...
Forum: Quilting April 28th 07, 05:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
Posted By recarlos
The Directory wait is over!

Thank you Alice you have been so busy that it must have been a millstone
around your neck. So glad you can relax now.
Ruth Sydney
"AliceW" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting April 27th 07, 11:55 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By recarlos
OT It's raining here . . . . .

We have had about 2inches in the three days up to Wednesday. My tanks are
full and so is every thing I can find that holds water including the old
garbage bin. I really will have to get more...
Forum: Quilting April 27th 07, 11:49 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 50
Posted By recarlos
Directory? - Now just supposing

I can think of no one who would object to you working on the Directory,
Karen.
As a complete dunce with computers myself, I think it is very appropriate
that someone who," knows all sees all and...
Forum: Quilting April 17th 07, 07:20 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By recarlos
My condolences

This news was relayed to us in Australia and we could hardly believe that it
was true.
Our hearts go out to the Parents and all others whose lives have been torn
apart by this awful...
Forum: Quilting April 12th 07, 02:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By recarlos
RCTQ meeting

I think they were looking for an old Roman Road with burials along it, I
think they found some coins. My DH is the expert on these things.
Ruth,
Sydney
"Megwen" wrote...
Forum: Quilting April 12th 07, 01:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By recarlos
New free quilt patterns from Northcott

Neither could I and when I tried to download another one I liked it wouldn't
work
even when I followed the instructions to download
Ruth
Sydney
"L" wrote in...
Forum: Quilting April 11th 07, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By recarlos
RCTQ meeting

My daughter wants to see Bath when we go to England in June, my DH is also
keen to see where the Time Team dug their trenches in the Crescent. Not sure
when we will get there...
Forum: Quilting March 9th 07, 01:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 45
Posted By recarlos
OT - sad news from Helen in WI

This is such heartbreaking news, Karen, please tell Helen she is in our
thoughts.
No words can express the feelings that I am sure we all have now.
This is an ache that only mothers know. My prayers...
Forum: Quilting March 9th 07, 01:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By recarlos
Curved Piecing

Thank you very much, now that has used up my allowance very fast. What a
good site.
Ruth
Sydney
"KJ" wrote in message
The...
Forum: Quilting March 7th 07, 01:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By recarlos
Curved Piecing

And the instructions are where? Pretty please?
Must have been one of the many missed posts.
Ruth
Sydney
"KJ" wrote in message
Very...
Forum: Quilting February 27th 07, 12:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 137
Posted By recarlos
New Log Cabin Quilt

Thank you John.
That is a beautiful quilt, you must be very happy with it. I couldn't even
attempt something like that.
Ruth
Sydney
Showing results 1 to 25 of 69