Showing results 1 to 25 of 123
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Michael[_2_]
Forum: Glass November 16th 07, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 1
Posted By Michael[_2_]
Kokomo suffixes

I'll be passing through Kokomo the end of this month, and I'm going to
slide in and buy some glass. On my first visit to Kokomo a couple
months back I didn't really know what kind of glass I wanted...
Forum: Glass November 15th 07, 02:24 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 18
Posted By Michael[_2_]
Tabletop finish

Javahut wrote:

To each their own, and to the original poster, Michael, leaning
against the wall, at the end of the table that was to the rear of the
room, over by the closet? You didn't notice all...
Forum: Glass November 13th 07, 10:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 18
Posted By Michael[_2_]
Tabletop finish

Chemo the Clown wrote:

Get a bunch of particle board cut up into different sizes and use
those as your work boards. It's so much easier to turn projects over
and move them out of the way. I never...
Forum: Glass November 13th 07, 10:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 18
Posted By Michael[_2_]
Tabletop finish

Michele wrote:

you might lay a piece of sheetrock on top. it makes a great cutting
surface and soaks up all those liquids. It also is impervious to the
soldering heat.

***************
Thank you for...
Forum: Glass November 13th 07, 10:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 18
Posted By Michael[_2_]
Tabletop finish

Moonraker wrote:

I had some SherwinWilliams clear acrylic industrial finish that I put
on some worktables in my warmglass shop. It sure looks good and seems
to be holding up well. It was left over...
Forum: Glass November 13th 07, 12:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 18
Posted By Michael[_2_]
Tabletop finish

I've built several benches to do stained glass on. They aren't
anything fancy, just built out of 2x4s and plywood. The work surfaces
are 3/4" finish plywood. Before they get soaked in flux, sweat,...
Forum: Glass November 11th 07, 11:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 14
Posted By Michael[_2_]
Tapping

Thanks for the insight on tapping. I avoided it on several earlier
pieces but what I'm working on now has a lot of deep incuts and I was
starting to get a lot of bad breaks. My rule is if I ruin...
Forum: Glass November 10th 07, 11:26 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 9
Posted By Michael[_2_]
hands

Great question, Michele. My hands get really dry during the winter.
I use hand lotion but I don't like it on my hands when I'm working
with glass. I think I'll try the Corn Huskers that...
Forum: Glass November 9th 07, 02:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 14
Posted By Michael[_2_]
Tapping

Back when glass was new I did a few stained glass windows. I used one
of those generic green glass cutters with the ball on the end to tap
the glass from behind and deepen the crack and break the...
Forum: Glass November 7th 07, 10:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 4
Posted By Michael[_2_]
Nasty gossip

Thanks for the scuttle on this, Shadow and Neo. He probably figured
that stealing from the dead isn't as bad as stealing from the living.

Michael
Forum: Glass November 6th 07, 02:14 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 4
Posted By Michael[_2_]
Nasty gossip

No, nothing about the pet whipping boy. I was reading a review of one
of Alastair Duncan's book and one of the reviews wasn't a review at
all, but a comment that Duncan caught some heat by selling a...
Forum: Glass November 6th 07, 02:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 9
Posted By Michael[_2_]
Foiled again

Thanks for all the feedback on this. I rechecked the 6 rolls I got
from Glasscrafters. Absolutely no manufacturer listed on the plastic
packages. Seems weird to me.

The bad foil got used up about...
Forum: Glass November 4th 07, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 5
Posted By Michael[_2_]
Tiffany at the Metropolitan

Thanks to everybody that posted on the Tiffany exhibit at the Met and
galleries. I'd love to go up there and see all the lamps.

Michael
Forum: Glass November 2nd 07, 07:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 9
Posted By Michael[_2_]
Foiled again

I've bought foil from two stained glass shops and one online store.
They always come in a little plastic bag but with no manufacturer's
name. One roll that I got seemed to have a lot of extra...
Forum: Glass October 31st 07, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 15
Posted By Michael[_2_]
Grinder Problems

JK wrote:

Some are color challenged and never make great choices. I used to
have a woman at my side doing all the designs & picking. Then she
left and I was on my own. It made a big difference. ...
Forum: Glass October 30th 07, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 16
Posted By Michael[_2_]
Shift to fusing

wrote:

Love the shake and bake tag. Going to throw that at the better half
next time she's in the glass room with me. Can I pass the blame on to
you?

***************
Go...
Forum: Glass October 30th 07, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 5
Posted By Michael[_2_]
Tiffany at the Metropolitan

I've been interested in Tiffany lamps so I've been checking out a few
books on his work. I notice one about a Tiffany exhibit at the
Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York. Is that exhibit...
Forum: Glass October 30th 07, 01:36 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 15
Posted By Michael[_2_]
Grinder Problems

JK wrote:

I know this will kill your sensibilities, but in the real world not
one person will notice, when the difference between a good fit and an
OK fit is measured in 32nd's of an...
Forum: Glass October 29th 07, 05:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 15
Posted By Michael[_2_]
Grinder Problems

JK wrote:

LOL.... that's why I'm using the same head for the last 5 years. I
grind to take the sharpness off. I believe in taking the time to be
a more accurate cutter, and spending as little time...
Forum: Glass October 28th 07, 06:22 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 16
Posted By Michael[_2_]
Shift to fusing

I don't remember what the thread was, but someone mentioned that
traditional leaded glass work appears to be in decline with a growing
popularity in baking it. I got a Bullseye catalog today in the...
Forum: Glass October 26th 07, 03:21 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 10
Posted By Michael[_2_]
Damn Basement Bandits...

JK wrote:

Pricing is often determined by what we call "perceived value". Just
because you can make something for $10, should you sell it for $20
when it looks like it's worth...
Forum: Glass October 26th 07, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 2
Posted By Michael[_2_]
New to Group

Glory Hole Glassworks Gallery wrote:

We are new to the glass community online and are looking forward to
getting involved.

*************
Welcome to the group. I looked through the items and they...
Forum: Glass October 25th 07, 12:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 1
Posted By Michael[_2_]
Abstract

MaciejZabawa wrote:

In this section I would like to introduce all the works which began my
adventure with intensive looking for my own artistic identity.

*********************
Nice stuff, but I...
Forum: Glass October 25th 07, 12:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 2
Posted By Michael[_2_]
3d design software for tiffany lamps

Bart wrote:

Anyone here that uses computer software for designing tiffany lamps in
3D perspective?

******************
No software that I know of. You could improvise with a standard CAD
package...
Forum: Glass October 25th 07, 11:30 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 32
Posted By Michael[_2_]
Worden and Odyssey Lamps

JK wrote:

Very nice job for a 1st lamp!

Thank you for the kind words, JK. I had a lot of help from the good
folks in the group here. Of course, the light is kind and tends to
draw...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 123