Showing results 1 to 25 of 170
Search took 3.34 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: betsey
Forum: Quilting January 23rd 13, 12:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By betsey
DSM on a frame??

On Jan 22, 8:45*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
"betsey" wrote in message

...I...
Forum: Quilting January 23rd 13, 01:18 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By betsey
DSM on a frame??

I dragged home a new craigslist find on saturday...a hinterberg
machine quilting frame...the standard one for DSM's. once the oldest
kid goes back to college on friday, i will be setting this baby...
Forum: Quilting August 16th 12, 01:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By betsey
OT Just for fun...

On Aug 14, 8:33*pm, NightMist wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3HkHWIW70w

My DH is in there. *Two clips of him playing the dulcimer line, sitting
out back in...
Forum: Quilting August 1st 12, 01:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 31
Posted By betsey
OT new eye tomorrow

On Jul 31, 9:09*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
I get my close-vision bionic lens tomorrow morning early. Please hold me up
and close. They do it so quickly that there won't be...
Forum: Needlework July 30th 12, 12:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 22
Posted By betsey
my eyes are going....

On Jul 29, 8:31*am, wrote:
On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 04:57:35 -0700 (PDT), betsey
wrote:

On Jul 27, 6:54*am, Cheryl Isaak ...
Forum: Needlework July 29th 12, 12:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 22
Posted By betsey
my eyes are going....

On Jul 27, 6:54*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 7/25/12 2:57 PM, betsey wrote:

On Jul 25, 1:15 am, *wrote:
On 7/24/2012 4:51 AM, betsey...
Forum: Needlework July 29th 12, 12:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 22
Posted By betsey
my eyes are going....

On Jul 26, 2:27*am, Betsy wrote:
On 7/25/2012 11:57 AM, betsey wrote:

i'm 47....and yes, i do have friends my age with grandchildren...

Wow, me too! *I didn't...
Forum: Needlework July 25th 12, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 22
Posted By betsey
my eyes are going....

On Jul 25, 1:15*am, Betsy wrote:
On 7/24/2012 4:51 AM, betsey wrote: * thank you everyone for the advice! *will visit walmart today and see
what they have. *i have thought...
Forum: Needlework July 24th 12, 12:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 22
Posted By betsey
my eyes are going....

thank you everyone for the advice! will visit walmart today and see
what they have. i have thought about getting the magnifier attachment
for my ott floor lamp, but keep thinking it might be a pain...
Forum: Needlework July 23rd 12, 09:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 22
Posted By betsey
my eyes are going....

On Jul 23, 11:29*am, wrote:
On Monday, July 23, 2012 7:58:10 AM UTC-4, betsey wrote:
i haven't done any cross stitch/linen work in years. over vacation, i
finished the...
Forum: Quilting July 23rd 12, 01:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By betsey
Novel sewing advice from the past!

On Jul 20, 9:19*pm, "barnyowl" wrote:
This snippet of 'need-to-know' sewing advice, dated 1949 is posted by one of
the Ottawa lqs on their website this month - below the...
Forum: Needlework July 23rd 12, 12:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 22
Posted By betsey
my eyes are going....

i haven't done any cross stitch/linen work in years. over vacation, i
finished the cross stitching on my son's shepherd's bush stocking
(hey, he's 10!). and rediscovered how much i really like...
Forum: Quilting June 4th 12, 12:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By betsey
As promised

On Jun 1, 10:25*pm, "Kim Graham" wrote:
nope...the man I have is more than enough for me, especially since I've got
him full time now he's retired.
[And I thought I had too...
Forum: Quilting May 25th 12, 01:15 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,alt.sewing
Replies: 17
Posted By betsey
need some advice! bernina on lawaway

On May 24, 8:00*pm, "Bobbie Sews More" wrote:
"Bobbie Sews More" wrote in ...

Forum: Quilting May 24th 12, 10:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,alt.sewing
Replies: 17
Posted By betsey
need some advice! bernina on lawaway

On May 24, 2:38*pm, Pogonip wrote:
On 5/24/2012 5:54 AM, Polly Esther wrote:

Great, Betsey. Since you are already comfortable with Viking, I'm so
glad you found one...
Forum: Quilting May 24th 12, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,alt.sewing
Replies: 17
Posted By betsey
need some advice! bernina on lawaway

On May 24, 8:50*am, "Polly Esther" wrote:
I understand, Betsey. My brain is hard-wired 'Bernina' and since there's no
dealer here, it's just easier on me to stay within...
Forum: Quilting May 23rd 12, 11:44 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,alt.sewing
Replies: 17
Posted By betsey
need some advice! bernina on lawaway

On May 22, 4:59*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
Or - you can play the same game she is. *I've bought three Bernina sms on
ebay. *No warranty, no classes. *There's a massive...
Forum: Quilting May 22nd 12, 09:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,alt.sewing
Replies: 17
Posted By betsey
need some advice! bernina on lawaway

I did stop by the shop. While she offerred to take a little bit off,
she had made no real arrangements for mastery classes (you can come to
my house, or come in next week) and perhaps most...
Forum: Quilting May 22nd 12, 02:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,alt.sewing
Replies: 17
Posted By betsey
need some advice! bernina on lawaway

On May 22, 8:12*am, AuntK wrote:
On May 22, 7:17*am, betsey wrote:

Hi everyone-

I just rec'd an email from my LQS--they are...
Forum: Quilting May 22nd 12, 12:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,alt.sewing
Replies: 17
Posted By betsey
need some advice! bernina on lawaway

Hi everyone-

I just rec'd an email from my LQS--they are closing their doors as of
june 30. i have a demo/classroom bernina 450 on lawaway there. my
original plan was to pick it up on 7/1 when i...
Forum: Quilting May 2nd 12, 09:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By betsey
accuquilt go?

On Apr 30, 7:28*pm, Sandy E wrote:
Howdy!

Machine costs $350 - $600 (are you really going to choose the
little Baby cutter?); the dies run $111 - $600.
Cutting mats $7-...
Forum: Quilting April 28th 12, 01:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By betsey
update on my health and sanity

On Apr 28, 3:58*am, NightMist wrote:
On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 09:52:00 -0500, Susan Laity Price wrote:
I found that sitting at the sewing machine is especially tiring.
Forum: Quilting April 28th 12, 01:40 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By betsey
update on my health and sanity

On Apr 26, 10:52*am, Susan Laity Price
wrote:
Thank you for the many cards, prayers and good wishes from my RCTQ
friends. It has been very encouraging to know there are...
Forum: Quilting April 28th 12, 01:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By betsey
accuquilt go?

On Apr 26, 5:39*pm, Janner
wrote:
Depends how much you want to cut out and how easy that it is for you to
do this by hand. *Its always the extras that get...
Forum: Quilting April 28th 12, 01:37 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By betsey
accuquilt go?

On Apr 26, 4:36*pm, "barnyowl" wrote:
I'd say that it depends on how many shapes you want to cut at one time..it
is expensive and the various cutting dies are...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 170