Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Val
Forum: Beads April 23rd 08, 06:52 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 0
Posted By Val
Bead Show - Denver - This Weekend

If you're in the Denver area, don't forget the Rocky Mountain Bead Society
Bazaar this Saturday and Sunday.
www.rockybeads.org

DW Chris (www.amuseink.com) will premiere a brand new peyote pattern,...
Forum: Beads December 12th 07, 05:41 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 2
Posted By Val
Delica colour needed - shiny green

Beadies has some very good pictures of the beads - you should be able to
spot what you need:
http://www.beadiesbeadwork.com/Delica_DBV_01.htm

Val

Hi

My Delica shade cards have gone walkabout and...
Forum: Beads October 24th 07, 05:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 1
Posted By Val
Email about listing in crafts sourcebook

Has anyone else gotten email about being listed in "Mary Engelbreit's Home
Companion Guide to Creative Living: A Sourcebook for Arts, Crafts and More"?

It starts out:
Dear Bead Shop Owner,
The...
Forum: Beads October 17th 07, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 2
Posted By Val
Display stand

Maybe something like: http://www.bronners.com/ornamentstands.html

If you'd like something special made out of laser cut acrylic, let me know.

Val

"Nevada Larry" wrote in...
Forum: Beads October 16th 07, 05:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 1
Posted By Val
Read my post and tell me if you agree with me!

"Bead Fanatic" xxxxxx wrote in message
big ol' snip

Is there anyone/any site on blogspot that is actual, original content? All
I see in the many posts leading to so-called blogs are...
Forum: Beads July 2nd 07, 06:49 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads,alt.swordfighting
Replies: 6
Posted By Val
Hiding bombs in beads???

There is a brand of seed beads called "Dynamites"

Val

"Kandice Seeber" wrote in message
Bomb-beads of course. Duh.

Forum: Beads April 21st 07, 10:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 4
Posted By Val
Bead Show Alert - Denver next weekend (a little AD)

Rocky Mountain Bead Society Bazaar, April 28 & 29.

http://www.rockybeads.org/bazaars.htm

If you went last year and saw my DW working on her beaded dragon, you'll get
to see the completed Ishtar...
Forum: Beads March 5th 07, 06:19 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 1
Posted By Val
Anyone familiar with BeadCreatorPro3?

From the pictures on their website, they seem to use "beads" that are
square. Real life beads are a bit oblong, so something designed on a square
grid in brick stitch will get stretched out in its...
Forum: Beads January 14th 07, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 1
Posted By Val
Smart houses are the face of the future, what is it all about?

All together now:

"Spam, spam,spam,spam,spam...."

And not even good spam at that. The picture of the "smart wired" home seems
to be...
Forum: Beads January 3rd 07, 03:44 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 11
Posted By Val
OT - STORY: I heart Physics Teachers

Cool story, Kathy.

Were no police called? Most places they have to be if property damage
exceeds a certain amount, and it's hard to put more than a hail ding in a
new car without hitting that...
Forum: Beads November 16th 06, 08:15 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 23
Posted By Val
OT Thanksgiving

This looks to be this year's turkey tune:

"Can't Stuff This"
http://www.msn.americangreetings.com/display.pd?bfrom=1&prodnum=3114507&path=25200

Val

Beckibead wrote:
Did anyone happen to...
Forum: Beads November 10th 06, 07:41 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 1
Posted By Val
AD - New A Muse Ink pattern

Chris has released a cute little Japanese doll design - in celebration of
her recent trip to Japan as one of the winners in the Treasures of Toho
contest. See the new pattern, and the winning...
Forum: Beads September 30th 06, 12:16 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 1
Posted By Val
Question for (mainly) beadweavers - Toho Treasures vs Miyuki Delicas

I'd like to get a feel for how available and affordable the Toho Treasures
are, versus Miyuki Delicas.

1. Can you readily find Treasures where you shop (LBS or online)?

2. Do the sellers carry the...
Forum: Beads August 26th 06, 05:22 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 0
Posted By Val
OT - Pluto gets downsized

Prague - The international committee of astronomers decided this week
to remove Pluto from the list of planets. A spokesman released this
statement, "We're awfully sorry to have to let Pluto go, but...
Forum: Beads August 19th 06, 11:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 7
Posted By Val
ARRRRGHHHHH [RANT]

Isn't that always the case when the founder passes on or steps down. The
business loses track of its original reason for being, loses its focus.

Wal Mart
Banana Repuplic
Liz Claiborne
KFC
and on...
Forum: Beads August 19th 06, 10:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 10
Posted By Val
Toho Bead Contest Results

Oops, there she's gone and started something new. Just remember, you saw it
here first.

Thanks to all those who've sent congrats. I've passed them all on to her.
She's just sooooo busy designing...
Forum: Beads August 18th 06, 03:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 10
Posted By Val
Toho Bead Contest Results

(disclaimer - Christina Manes is my DW, and I'm damned proud to share this announcement with you all!

We'll get some pictures of her winning entry, a 3D scluptural dragon named Ishtar, up on the...
Forum: Beads July 18th 06, 05:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 0
Posted By Val
OT - Van Gogh Family Tree (put that coffee down before reading)

Van Gogh's Family Tree

His dizzy aunt -----------------------------------Verti Gogh

The brother who ate prunes -----------------------Gotta Gogh

The brother who worked at a convenience store...
Forum: Beads July 18th 06, 05:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 1
Posted By Val
AD - New pattern at A Muse Ink

Hi all,
It's been a while since I've announced any of DW's new designs. So far this
year, she's added Psy-cat-ic - a crazy little beaded piece that represents
our feline...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20