Showing results 1 to 25 of 26
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Susie
Forum: Pottery March 18th 07, 02:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 3
Posted By Susie
Platinum Glaze

In message ,
writes
On Mar 17, 9:30 pm, "Andrew Werby"
Forum: Pottery February 21st 07, 04:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 14
Posted By Susie
Firing Onglaze.

In message , Rosalind Lacey
writes
Yes indeed Susie

The mixing of stains with various mediums and producing designs/pictures...
Forum: Pottery February 21st 07, 08:34 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 14
Posted By Susie
Firing Onglaze.

In message , Rosalind Lacey
writes
Thanks Donna

Not the info I was seeking and not strictly to do with the 'onglaze' medium
I...
Forum: Pottery January 29th 07, 09:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 4
Posted By Susie
refiring old pots

In message , Bob Masta
writes
On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 16:11:24 +0000, Susie wrote:

I have just bought an old chamber...
Forum: Pottery January 27th 07, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 4
Posted By Susie
refiring old pots

I have just bought an old chamber pot made by Royal Doulton for not a
lot of money. I'd love to use it as a planter, but the glaze has
crazed, but not too badly I'm thinking that it's cast...
Forum: Pottery December 30th 06, 07:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 13
Posted By Susie
Lustres

In message , Sue Roessel
Dura writes
On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 11:58:40 +0000, Susie wrote:

I've made notes...
Forum: Pottery December 21st 06, 03:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 5
Posted By Susie
Containers for fruit/veg etc

In message , Red
Deer writes

Bubbles_ wrote:
Hey ho, folks!

Merry Christmas!

I have been making...
Forum: Pottery November 29th 06, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 13
Posted By Susie
Single firing Done!

In message , DKat
writes

I really have seen nothing like your work here in the U.S. of A. It does
remind me of one of my favorite childhood...
Forum: Pottery November 28th 06, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 2
Posted By Susie
Cats and Dragons for Steve Graber

Just to let Steve Graber and anybody else interested know that I've
posted some more images of the latest cats, etc at

www.flickr.com/photos/arrandragons

Regards to all

Susie
--
Susie Thompson
Forum: Pottery November 27th 06, 11:58 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery

The cat is Shamu, who insist on being exactly where he will be the most
trouble. He is a foster who has lived with us for a few years now (a feral
kitten who was only going to spend the weekend -...
Forum: Pottery November 26th 06, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 13
Posted By Susie
Single firing Done!

In message , DKat
writes

"Susie" wrote in message
In message...
Forum: Pottery November 24th 06, 04:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 13
Posted By Susie
Single firing Done!

In message , DKat
writes
Well I unloaded the kiln and was amazed how many pots came out with such few
flaws. One poor little pot was glazed...
Forum: Pottery November 19th 06, 09:45 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 30
Posted By Susie
Attention Steve Mills (and other singel fire players) Single Fire Cone 6 Oxidation

In message , DKat
writes
I had no idea that anyone still used lead glazes (though I have heard of
frits that supposedly encapsulate it and...
Forum: Pottery November 11th 06, 03:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 4
Posted By Susie
craft or fine art or what?

In message , Steve Mills
writes
For me there is no better definition than the quote below,
And I'll passively...
Forum: Pottery November 9th 06, 06:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 4
Posted By Susie
craft or fine art or what?

I don't know if I'm going to open up a hornets' nest - whether it be
craftily or in a fine art style. Please, where does the line - if
indeed there is one - come between the two?

This afternoon...
Forum: Pottery November 2nd 06, 12:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 1
Posted By Susie
ping Steve Graber

Hi Steve

Thanks for your kind comments re dragons. You asked for more detail
about the emerging dragon - what would you like to know? All this has
given me the confidence to keep going along...
Forum: Pottery November 1st 06, 09:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 27
Posted By Susie
porcelain firing

In message , DKat
writes
Yeah!!! Very much looking forward to the pictures. Donna

Hello Donna and everybody

I've had a go at putting some...
Forum: Pottery November 1st 06, 09:11 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 27
Posted By Susie
porcelain firing

In message , Steve Mills
writes
Dear Susie,

It's been fun, educational for us all, and good exercise for the...
Forum: Pottery October 30th 06, 09:53 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 27
Posted By Susie
porcelain firing

In message , Steve Mills
writes
Your post has jogged a memory; Doll makers both here and on your side of
the pond...
Forum: Pottery October 28th 06, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 27
Posted By Susie
porcelain firing

In message ,
"steve " writes
interesting concept of total imersion of the piece into alumina. ...
Forum: Pottery October 25th 06, 12:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 27
Posted By Susie
porcelain firing

In message , Steve Mills
writes
In article , Susie
Forum: Pottery October 25th 06, 10:30 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 27
Posted By Susie
porcelain firing

In message , Steve Mills
writes
A common solution to this sort of problem is to make a number of conical
supports...
Forum: Pottery October 24th 06, 08:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 27
Posted By Susie
porcelain firing

In message , DKat
writes
Ahhh, becomes clearer. The experience I have in this regard is with very
large platters with a small foot...
Forum: Pottery October 24th 06, 04:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 27
Posted By Susie
porcelain firing

In message , DKat
writes
If it is so fragile (I assume you mean thin), why would its weight, firing
it to a mature temperature, be a...
Forum: Pottery October 18th 06, 09:39 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 2
Posted By Susie
on glaze colours and lustres

In message , Steve Mills
writes
I'd go for it; I've done it in the past with my stuff, so it should be
OK. That...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 26