Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Karen C - Calif
Forum: Needlework September 20th 13, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By Karen C - Calif
A small finish is still a finish

Joan Erickson wrote:

On 9/19/2013 11:31 AM, Karen C - Calif wrote:

I'd gotten a deal on six assorted Mill Hill Christmas ornaments, which
I'm making for my clients (easy to tuck into a...
Forum: Needlework September 19th 13, 05:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By Karen C - Calif
A small finish is still a finish

I'd gotten a deal on six assorted Mill Hill Christmas ornaments, which
I'm making for my clients (easy to tuck into a card). I started with
Golden Tannenbaum, and remembered why I hate beading. ...
Forum: Needlework March 2nd 10, 07:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By Karen C - Calif
Penalties for copyright infringement

http://www.lib.purdue.edu/uco/CopyrightBasics/penalties.html

You will pay "actual dollar amount of damages and profits".
You will pay "from $200 to $150,000 for each work infringed".
You will pay...
Forum: Needlework December 11th 09, 04:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 8
Posted By Karen C - Calif
Happy Dance

Bev72 wrote:

I finally finished Mirabila's "Cinderella" with hundreds of beads and had no
one to brag to, except you all. It was an exercise in beading as I had
never done much. Next up is...
Forum: Needlework December 11th 09, 03:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 17
Posted By Karen C - Calif
OFF TOPIC So - who's ready for the holidays

wrote:

Usually, I am done by this time, but I've barely started. . . Sister's
needlepoint is done. A couple of things bought for A. DS is almost
impossible.

Forum: Needlework December 11th 09, 03:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By Karen C - Calif
Facebook

wrote:
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 16:34:43 -0800, Karen C - Calif
wrote:

If you are on Facebook, be sure to go there TODAY! They have changed
the...
Forum: Needlework December 11th 09, 01:36 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By Karen C - Calif
Does anyone recognize this design?

Laury Walkey wrote:

Sorry, don't know the designer but it is a beautiful chart. Hope you
find out who designed it.

Me, too, because I have someone to stitch it for!
Forum: Needlework December 11th 09, 01:34 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By Karen C - Calif
Facebook

If you are on Facebook, be sure to go there TODAY! They have changed
the privacy portion of the program and in doing so, have made your
information available to everyone until you change it back...
Forum: Needlework December 9th 09, 06:57 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 19
Posted By Karen C - Calif
Stitched Gifts

Dianne Lewandowski wrote:

Just my opinion. I've learned to bake bread as gifts. Never had a
disappointed recipient yet. :~)

You haven't given any to me, have you? The shoemaker's...
Forum: Needlework December 9th 09, 06:56 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 19
Posted By Karen C - Calif
Stitched Gifts

Maureen Miller wrote:
Hello everyone,

How many of you are giving stitched gifts for Christmas this year? I'm
giving four petit point pictures, knitted socks, hat with ear flaps,
scarf &...
Forum: Needlework December 6th 09, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 47
Posted By Karen C - Calif
OT Perfect comfort food??

They're threatening us with the first measurable snow in 50+ years:
http://www.kcra.com/weather/severe.html

This is NOT why I moved to California!

I actually just finished the last of a batch of...
Forum: Needlework December 6th 09, 05:56 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 46
Posted By Karen C - Calif
Where is everyone?

Gillian Murray wrote:
Don't get me on this subject. Remember Nevil Shute's book, the 7th
Vote. What we need......well maybe not the final outcome.

I believe it was Theodore Lowi suggested...
Forum: Needlework December 6th 09, 05:46 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 46
Posted By Karen C - Calif
Where is everyone?

Bruce Fletcher wrote:
Like most folk of my generation I was taught to hold doors open for
ladies. A few years ago I held the door open for a shaven-headed young
lady of very masculine...
Forum: Needlework December 2nd 09, 01:20 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 14
Posted By Karen C - Calif
Favorite (or favourite as spelled in Oz) Music

Sandy Bell wrote:

Friends & I exchange personal cd's each Christmas with between 17 - 20
songs we love. You would think this was a tough thing to do after
afew years but once you get started...
Forum: Needlework September 25th 09, 01:41 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 15
Posted By Karen C - Calif
TNNA St. Charles Show

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

On 9/24/09 4:29 PM, in article
,
" wrote:

I was trying to...
Forum: Needlework September 24th 09, 08:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 15
Posted By Karen C - Calif
TNNA St. Charles Show

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

On 9/24/09 12:17 PM, in article
, "Dawne Peterson"
wrote:

I am sure that Gather Ye Rosebuds is...
Forum: Needlework August 23rd 09, 03:42 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 2
Posted By Karen C - Calif
Long long list of XS freebies

http://xs.houseofkats.com/freebies.html#S

--
Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

Finished 8/13/09 - Death by Chocolate - what a way to go!

WIP: Nativity from...
Forum: Needlework August 22nd 09, 12:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 25
Posted By Karen C - Calif
Gakked from Donna: Stitching question and conversation starter

ellice wrote:

My mother
was quite fond of telling me that I'm really a very traditional woman -
because I do things like stitching and cooking. It led to many arguments of
her not...
Forum: Needlework August 22nd 09, 12:00 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 8
Posted By Karen C - Calif
ON TOPIC a help request

Lucille wrote: