Showing results 1 to 25 of 66
Search took 0.14 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Witchystitcher
Forum: Quilting February 11th 13, 08:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Posted By Witchystitcher
Who has been a member of this group the longest?

The last I heard of him he had to stop work and stop distributing
fabric because he had a brain tumor. That was quite a while ago.

Linda
PATCHogue, NY
On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 16:57:29 -0800, Sandy...
Forum: Quilting November 13th 12, 01:58 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By Witchystitcher
OT Storm Sandy

Things in my area are returning to normal, but the area I teach in was
pretty heavily damaged. All schools are now open but some have major
repairs to be done. There are still many students without...
Forum: Quilting November 10th 12, 06:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By Witchystitcher
OT Storm Sandy

I have a group of 4th and 5th graders who are making quilts for
children who have displaced or families that have suffered extensive
damage. The school district I work in was much harder hit than...
Forum: Quilting November 3rd 12, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By Witchystitcher
OT Storm Sandy

Somehow we managed to escape with not much damage when just a few
miles away people lost everything. We lost power for only 6 hours and
lost two huge trees. One is still leaning and we will probably...
Forum: Quilting April 29th 11, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Witchystitcher
OT Box Tops for Kids

Send your boxtops on to Polly. We are finished for this year and it
looks like my school will be closing by the end of the next year and
our staff "redistributed." So I don't know where I will end...
Forum: Quilting January 12th 11, 05:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Witchystitcher
Attention Lurkers

Working on it this snow day.

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 15:44:10 -0600, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

We know you are here. How? because sometimes when we 'show off' a quilt,
the site...
Forum: Quilting January 8th 11, 02:06 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Witchystitcher
Question about fabric...

I have the fabric. The quality is not bad. I washed it with no running
and it still has a smooth finish.

On Fri, 07 Jan 2011 15:06:58 -0700, Mary O'Neill
wrote:

I am pretty...
Forum: Quilting December 31st 10, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Posted By Witchystitcher
OT ? ebooks, nooks, kindles et al

My daughter bought me a Kindle for my birthday. My first thought was
that I would never use it - I am a book person. But I find myself
using it most of the time. I particularly like that I can use...
Forum: Quilting October 31st 10, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Witchystitcher
Looking for book

I have it and will trade for fabric but can't find your email.

email me at:
witchystitcheratyahoodotcom
On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 06:00:22 -0700 (PDT), Ginger in CA
wrote:

Carol...
Forum: Quilting October 16th 10, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Witchystitcher
Lengthening a square quilt

I've used flying geese to lengthen medallions.

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 18:15:19 -0700, "Trixie" wrote:

I just finished the medallion center of a square quilt, and now need to...
Forum: Quilting October 8th 10, 10:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By Witchystitcher
Buying Fabric online

Yes, I left fabric shack off my list. I ordered from them once with
great results!

On Fri, 8 Oct 2010 10:18:43 -0400, "Kate in MI"
wrote:

I've gone to The Fabric...
Forum: Quilting October 8th 10, 10:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By Witchystitcher
Buying Fabric online

My four favorites, all with good experiences and exceptional service
1. www.whittlesfabrics.com
2. www.thousandsofbolts.com
3. www.marshalldrygoods.com
4. www.fabrics.com

Forum: Quilting September 26th 10, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Witchystitcher
O/T DH

On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 10:55:47 -0400, Bonnie Patterson
wrote:

Snip
They both got letters saying that they had been on disability to long
and that they were being...
Forum: Quilting September 26th 10, 03:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Witchystitcher
O/T DH

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 14:53:44 +0000, NightMist
wrote:

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 15:48:33 -0700, GrammyKathy wrote:

Unless you are 65 don't count on it.

Actually 62 or 60 if...
Forum: Quilting September 26th 10, 03:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Witchystitcher
O/T DH

It is possible that he is over the age of 62 so that he can get his
retirement benefit while the disablity is being processed. Then if he
is approved for disability, a recalculation will be...
Forum: Quilting September 26th 10, 03:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Witchystitcher
3rd grade classroom quilt

We did a class quilt that depicted our local history, which is what we
were studying. I bought fabric markers and crayons from Dharma
Trading.

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 19:40:02 -0700, "Trixie"...
Forum: Quilting March 1st 10, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 67
Posted By Witchystitcher
Directory form is open for business!

I haven't been on is weeks because my kitchen is being done and my
computer had to be packed away. We have a little break now until the
countertop is installed and the rest done, so I decided to...
Forum: Quilting February 7th 10, 08:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Witchystitcher
Non bummer I-Pod

I do know that mine freezes sometimes that that there is a fix on the
website for unfreezing it.

http://www.methodshop.com/gadgets/ipodsupport/restart/index.shtml

Linda
PATCHogue, NY
Queen of...
Forum: Quilting December 20th 09, 04:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Witchystitcher
OT SNOW***************

We have 30" here and it's still coming down lightly. The drifts cover
some mailboxes on the block. I can't open the sliding doors because
the snow is up to my waist.

Linda
PATCHogue, NY
Queen of...
Forum: Quilting December 20th 09, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Witchystitcher
Brother embroidery machine?

You can do lettering on the machine directly without the PED, but it
is easier and you have more control with the PED, however a solution
that is just as effective and much less expensive is Embird...
Forum: Quilting December 17th 09, 11:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Witchystitcher
Brother embroidery machine?

My Brother 8200 is still going strong! I think it must be at least 10
years old now. You certainly don't need to Quatro or the 4200 to do
lettering. I had purchased a used Bernina 440 with the...
Forum: Quilting December 17th 09, 03:07 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Witchystitcher
Why I quilted this year

Comforting cyberhugs.
Linda
PATCHogue, NY
Queen of Boxtops

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 17:19:09 -0800 (PST), Bonnie NJ
wrote:

This has been a trying year for me. First my son's...
Forum: Quilting December 14th 09, 01:51 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Witchystitcher
It's a girl

Just back from our visit. She was wonderful. I can't believe I had to
leave her. While there I saw a rumor that a retirement incentive was
passed for anyone who is 55 with 25 years in. It will only...
Forum: Quilting December 7th 09, 02:29 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Witchystitcher
couching foot

I had one when I had my Bernina. It is a FM plastic foot with a hole
in it that you thread the couching yarn through.
Linda
PATCHogue, NY
Queen of Boxtops

On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 10:54:50 -0000,...
Forum: Quilting November 23rd 09, 12:37 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Witchystitcher
BSR frustrations

Are you sure you are putting the presser foot down each time? Does it
do this also when you are not freemotioning? Are you sure that the
connection is tight? Those are just the starting points I can...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 66