Showing results 1 to 25 of 29
Search took 0.17 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: MAmadurk
Forum: Quilting September 20th 07, 03:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By MAmadurk
Joann storw coupon?

Wow! That was really fast! Thanks a bunch!
MAmadurk

--
I don't consider myself a book collector. I just have books,
the way one has air to breathe. -N. Hilyard

I cannot live without books. ...
Forum: Quilting September 20th 07, 02:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By MAmadurk
Joann storw coupon?

Some kind soul here regularly posts a link for a printable coupon to use in
the JoAnn's STORE (Not for ordering on-line)---now that I'm heading there,
of course I don't see that link. Anybody...
Forum: Quilting September 14th 07, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 86
Posted By MAmadurk
What are your current quilting projects?

Thanks! Sounds darling!
MAmadurk

--
I don't consider myself a book collector. I just have books,
the way one has air to breathe. -N. Hilyard

I cannot live without books. -Thomas...
Forum: Quilting September 13th 07, 03:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 86
Posted By MAmadurk
What are your current quilting projects?

Is "Nighty-Nite" a pattern name, or just what the intended quilt is meant to
be used for?

MAmadurk, curious

--
I don't consider myself a book collector. I just have books,
the way one has air to...
Forum: Quilting June 30th 07, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By MAmadurk
OT bit of an update

HI Anne. Sorry to hear you have narcolepsy. My daughter has also been
diagnosed with it. We pretty much knew she had some sleep disorder, and
after reading some pamphlets from a sleep study...
Forum: Quilting March 30th 07, 03:51 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By MAmadurk
Red rick-rack?

http://www.homesew.com/BraidsTrims-ss3.html
It is about half way down the page.
They also have dyeable cotton rickrack on a previous page.
MAmadurk

--
I don't consider myself a book collector. I...
Forum: Quilting March 23rd 07, 03:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Can you applique a new (not so new) piece of the violated piece? Either the
same size and shape, or something new to pump it up and be an unexpected
design feature? (obviously I haven't had a look...
Forum: Quilting March 13th 07, 02:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 24
Posted By MAmadurk
Need ideas for "Pottery Barn" bride

Bear's paw in blue and white.
MAmadurk
--
I don't consider myself a book collector. I just have books,
the way one has air to breathe. -N. Hilyard

I cannot live without books. -Thomas...
Forum: Quilting March 9th 07, 11:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By MAmadurk
memory quilt for preschool teacher

Could you get the asst teacher to co-operate (assuming this is to be a
surprise) on some type of art activity where whe traces the kids hands and
they print their names? Then you could play with...
Forum: Quilting February 18th 07, 12:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By MAmadurk
On to the next project

church halls, community buildings, senior centers, LQS,---
Often these places have the added advantage of having many conference
tables, so you could push a couple together and not have to crawl...
Forum: Quilting January 23rd 07, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By MAmadurk
OT and On Topic: Every quilter/crafter's nightmare

YOu need not answer if this is too nosy, but did he begin pulling everything
out because you were planning this project or for some other (unknown)
reason?

And I am pea-green with jealousy!...
Forum: Quilting January 15th 07, 10:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 35
Posted By MAmadurk
batting scraps

Use to fill stuffed animals--new or just well loved and in need of some
"guts"!
MAmadurk

--
I don't consider myself a book collector. I just have books,
the way one has air to breathe. -N....
Forum: Quilting January 11th 07, 07:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 33
Posted By MAmadurk
Since you started quilting......long

Sigh. If only I could! Sigh...
MAmadurk

--
I don't consider myself a book collector. I just have books,
the way one has air to breathe. -N. Hilyard

I cannot live without books. -Thomas...
Forum: Quilting January 10th 07, 04:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 33
Posted By MAmadurk
Since you started quilting......long

OOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I wanna take some quiltin' classes wid you!!!!!!
MAmadurk

--
I don't consider myself a book collector. I just have books,
the way one has air to breathe. -N. Hilyard

I...
Forum: Quilting January 8th 07, 07:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 64
Posted By MAmadurk
Use crayons instead of paints 2007 Resolution Quilty Projects

Coolio! Bet I even have some of thosae around here somewhere---we are
always inheiriting crayons and whatnot. I can never seem to say no!

MAmadurk

--
I don't consider myself a book collector. ...
Forum: Quilting January 7th 07, 11:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 64
Posted By MAmadurk
Use crayons instead of paints 2007 Resolution Quilty Projects

Great idea! Did not know Prang made fabric crayons. Thanks for the hint!
MAmadurk
--
I don't consider myself a book collector. I just have books,
the way one has air to breathe. -N. Hilyard

I...
Forum: Quilting January 7th 07, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 64
Posted By MAmadurk
2007 Resolution Quilty Projects

Only one at the moment: finish a (now) WH for my neice. This UFO was begun
about 25 years ago. I think the main reason it has not been finished is
because it was MIL's project to begin with. She...
Forum: Quilting January 2nd 07, 10:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 27
Posted By MAmadurk
Stash busters Yahoo group

As others have said, definitely go with daily digest. (You'll usually get
2-4 per day.) I finally had to go special notices only, but I do go look at
a few messages now and then.
MAmadurk

--
I...
Forum: Quilting January 2nd 07, 02:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

There is a Yahoo group called Stashbusters that has an on-going no-buy
group, if you need extra support. They are the ones who first "introduced"
me to Bonnie & her quiltville site. VERY...
Forum: Quilting December 18th 06, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 0
Posted By MAmadurk
Youth sized chair for sewing table

Try a teacher supply store. Many of then also carry furniture (you may have
to order through their catalog.) and also supply nursery schools and
daycares. Our church gets catalogues regularly that...
Forum: Quilting December 12th 06, 04:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By MAmadurk
All suggestions welcome

I have tons of foundation piecing patterns saved to my computer; one thing
that seems to work well is to subdivide by what the pattern is. For
example, I have subfolders for trees, dogs and cats,...
Forum: Quilting November 30th 06, 05:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By MAmadurk
Interesting Addendum/Sorta OT Pattern Offer

Hey watch it you....*I* was born in 1961 and I don't plan to be an antique
for some time yet.

MAmadurk, smiling!

--
I don't consider myself a book collector. I just have books,
the way one has...
Forum: Quilting November 20th 06, 03:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By MAmadurk
paper piecing question

Not a book, but an on-line resource:
http://www.jodieandcompany.com/UserFiles/Image/DesignYourOwnPPPatts1.pdf

MAmadurk
--
I don't consider myself a book collector. I just have books,
the way one...
Forum: Quilting October 22nd 06, 07:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 67
Posted By MAmadurk
What 'cha lookin' for??

I thought that extra hour was just for me special this year,---being as it
comes on my 45th birthday!
MAmadurk

--
I don't consider myself a book collector. I just have books,
the way one has air...
Forum: Quilting October 11th 06, 06:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By MAmadurk
applique - just when you are convinced it is something you will never do............

Are you going to make all the flags people order, or are you aking a few to
raffle off? Sounds like a big undertaking to me....God bless you!
MAmadurk