Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: queenb
Forum: Quilting September 25th 08, 09:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 82
Posted By queenb
What is your current project?

Cindy Schmidt wrote:
Not a quilting one but I'm currently making 64 yes that's 64 flags for my
DD's high school marching band.

Largest is a 7 foot x 9 foot.

I'M TIRED OF...
Forum: Quilting August 4th 08, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By queenb
OT Travel in usa

Estelle Gallagher wrote:
My DH and I are arriving in San Francisco at the beginning of Oct to drive
to Seattle for D nieces wedding on 31st.I was wondering if anyone can point
me to a web...
Forum: Quilting July 19th 08, 04:02 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By queenb
OT Stripey's last visit to the vet

Hugs to you and your family! I know how hard it's going to be for all of
you. :-(
Laurie

NightMist wrote:
It is time.
While she still has some small comfort in life and is not a little
furry...
Forum: Quilting May 14th 08, 04:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By queenb
QI has left the quilting room

Thanks so much, everyone.
Life is moving forward, but it doesn't stop me from listening for her
when I'm alone in the house.
Zoe's been wandering a bit looking for her big sis, but she *is*...
Forum: Quilting May 13th 08, 08:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By queenb
QI has left the quilting room

Hello all,
Like Cindy, we too experienced a QI loss. Our beloved kitty girl Scooter
went to be with her big brother yesterday.

She was 18 yrs old, and we almost lost her a year and a half ago but...
Forum: Quilting April 27th 08, 07:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 24
Posted By queenb
Organzing your quilting books

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. wrote:

How do you organize your books?

Well, let's see: General sewing (garments, home dec, etc) are on one shelf.

The other shelf holds quilting by category, I...
Forum: Quilting March 6th 08, 04:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 27
Posted By queenb
Binding: joiining ends

Kate and Pat:
I'm sooo glad you brought this topic up and shared your method! I had a
friend show me *her* method and it just wasn't computing - just couldn't
wrap my little brain around it.

Then,...
Forum: Quilting February 8th 08, 01:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Posted By queenb
Wanted: advice on borders

Julia in MN wrote:

Last fall, I took a "Piping Hot Curves" class from Susan Cleveland. I
completed one "Eye of the Piper" block in class, then left them to work
on Christmas gifts. Last...
Forum: Quilting February 6th 08, 08:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 41
Posted By queenb
Survey please... and the question is....

nzlstar* wrote:

roflmao, Laurie.
always happy to enable and kick in bum as required.
thats why i said it before cuz it really did need to be done.
got pix of thequilts and labels online...
Forum: Quilting February 6th 08, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 52
Posted By queenb
how many sewing machines?

Mary wrote:

From reading various posts about sewing machines, I gather that many
people have a lot of sewing machines. How many sewing machines do
people really have? Do you actually use...
Forum: Quilting February 6th 08, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 41
Posted By queenb
Survey please... and the question is....

nzlstar* wrote:
those still within walking distance is a great thing to do today. :)
we expect to hear back tomorrow how many you got labeled today.
the quilts you keep will be gifts to your...
Forum: Quilting February 3rd 08, 10:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 41
Posted By queenb
Survey please... and the question is....

Kate G. wrote:
How do you (assuming you do!) label your quilts?

What a good question - I was thinking about this the other day, glad
someone asked it!

Do you only label quilts you are giving...
Forum: Quilting January 30th 08, 11:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 171
Posted By queenb
Time for another Roll Call?

Liz Megerle wrote:
I'm Liz, married 16 years, with a 12-year-old daughter who is going to a
*dance* on Friday. Seems to me I was just making little-girl dresses.
That's why I started...
Forum: Quilting January 6th 08, 11:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 44
Posted By queenb
What's your favorite?!

SewVeryCreative wrote:

What's *your* favorite part of quilting? Why?

1. Buying patterns/books/fabrics - Hi, my name is Laurie and I'm a
pattern-book-fabric-aholic... ;-) There are just too...
Forum: Quilting December 2nd 07, 02:07 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 37
Posted By queenb
Once in a lifetime

Anne Rogers wrote:
So, what's on your mental list of wanting to do some day? I mean
quilting wise!

Sign me up for the quilting cruise!

I'd like to make a double wedding ring (maybe my...
Forum: Quilting November 30th 07, 05:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 33
Posted By queenb
Quilting Activities/ Re-Delurk? (kinda long)

Pat in Virginia wrote:

WELCOME!!
The only rule you really need to know:
Send a pound or two of chocolate to the Official Chocolate
Tasting Office, conveniently located here in my Palace in
Forum: Quilting November 28th 07, 12:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 33
Posted By queenb
Quilting Activities/ Re-Delurk? (kinda long)

Pat in Virginia wrote:

So, what are your current quilting activities?

Hi all!
Love this group, you all are full of so many great ideas!

I delurked a while ago, but don't post often and...
Forum: Quilting April 10th 07, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 31
Posted By queenb
Trellis Quilrt

Sorry Sandy - I meant "Out of Darkness".

I can remember something from 20+ yrs ago, but not something from 1
minute ago - does that mean I'm getting old? ;-)

Laurie in Oregon

Sandy wrote:
Forum: Quilting April 10th 07, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 31
Posted By queenb
Trellis Quilrt

Sandy,
After six years of study (jr. high, h.s. and college) and 10+ yrs. of
ballet there's a lot trapped up there! I'm hoping more will come back
this fall when my daughter starts h.s. and...
Forum: Quilting April 9th 07, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 31
Posted By queenb
Trellis Quilrt

Hi all!
Here's the quilt I did a few years ago for a youth fundraiser at church:

http://thehavels.com/yankeetwistquilt.jpg

I used the pattern "Twisted Frenzy" from the Quilt Frenzy...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20