Showing results 1 to 25 of 152
Search took 1.74 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: MaleQuilter
Forum: Quilting September 4th 07, 02:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By MaleQuilter
Help sewing circles

On Sep 3, 1:42 pm, Elly wrote:
On Sep 3, 2:46 pm, MaleQuilter wrote:

I am a real sucker for quilting "gadgets" and tools and got...
Forum: Quilting September 3rd 07, 05:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By MaleQuilter
Help sewing circles

Thanks. "Fiddly" was the word I was looking for.

I never thought about clipping the seam in the frame, but will now
give that a try. That should help get rid of the puckers.

Polly, when the...
Forum: Quilting September 3rd 07, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By MaleQuilter
Help sewing circles

I am a real sucker for quilting "gadgets" and tools and got several
new ones at the recent AQS show in Nashville.

One of the items was a "Circle A Round" template for cutting circles.
I watched the...
Forum: Quilting September 3rd 07, 01:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By MaleQuilter
Sun Bonnet Sue project done

Thanks for the compliments.

Sorry about all the typos in my post. I had already taken my sleeping
pill. My wife makes sure that I stay away from the car and sewing
machine after taking the pill,...
Forum: Quilting September 3rd 07, 04:15 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By MaleQuilter
Sun Bonnet Sue project done

See pic at my webshots site:

Jerry in North Alabama
http://community.webshots.com/user/MaleQuilter

Sun Bonnet Sue Quil 45" x 45" all machine pieced and quilted.

All don on a Bernina 640 with...
Forum: Quilting September 2nd 07, 03:25 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By MaleQuilter
Quilting pattern transfer

On Sep 1, 9:08 pm, "ME-Judy" wrote:
What kind of quilting do you plan to do? -- straight lines or free
otion? -- by hand or by machine?
If you're going to do a...
Forum: Quilting September 2nd 07, 02:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By MaleQuilter
Quilting pattern transfer

Can you use water soluable stabalizer for transfering quilting
patterns to the quilt?

If so, what type of marker do you use to avoid ink bleeding onto the
fabric?

Jerry in North Alabama
Forum: Quilting August 20th 07, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By MaleQuilter
keeping it flat (again)

On Aug 20, 10:45 am, Hanne Gottliebsen wrote:
Morag in Scotland wrote:
Please help me!! my main quilting problem is keeping the stupid thing
flat while I baste it. I...
Forum: Quilting August 20th 07, 01:29 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By MaleQuilter
Seams standing up

On Aug 19, 1:22 pm, Debra wrote:
On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 09:12:29 -0700, jennellh wrote:
another option to consider is the fusible tape for hems which is
available in...
Forum: Quilting August 19th 07, 04:19 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By MaleQuilter
Seams standing up

Sandy said, " (Will you be using twill again? Without meaning to
sound rude,
why'd you embroider on twill?)"

Not likely that I will be using twill again, especially with 1/4"
intersecting seams. ...
Forum: Quilting August 18th 07, 05:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By MaleQuilter
Batting question

My current project is 45" x 45", has nine redwork blocks with sashing,
a 1" inner border, and a 4" wide outer border.

Since I will not be able to quilt over the approximate 6" x 6" area
with the...
Forum: Quilting August 18th 07, 12:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By MaleQuilter
Seams standing up

On Aug 17, 10:06 pm, "Gen" wrote:
Jerry, as strange as it sounds--take a hammer to the seams. Tailors have
been doing that for years. Whack them a few times without...
Forum: Quilting August 18th 07, 04:33 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 0
Posted By MaleQuilter
AQS Show in Nashiville next week

Do any of you plan to visit the AQS Show in Nashville next week?

My wife and I go to have a nice week-end escape that's only 80 miles
from home.

The hotel gardens and waterfalls make just a...
Forum: Quilting August 18th 07, 04:21 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By MaleQuilter
Ping Polly..... micro mini vacuum attachments!

On Aug 17, 9:40 pm, "Carolyn McCarty" wrote:
I've used these on my computers, and like them a lot. Haven't had the nerve
to try them on the SMs, though. Now I will...
Forum: Quilting August 18th 07, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By MaleQuilter
Seams standing up

I am now ready to put my top, batting a backing together but have a
problem.

My redwork embroidered blocks were done on a tightly woven twill and
after attaching the sashing and borders, the seams...
Forum: Quilting August 16th 07, 12:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By MaleQuilter
Sashing help

On Aug 15, 9:54 pm, Julia in MN jaccola-AT-chartermi-
wrote:
I would add this little trick I learned: Before you press the sashing
(while it is still laying over the row of...
Forum: Quilting August 15th 07, 10:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By MaleQuilter
Sashing help

On Aug 15, 3:51 pm, Anne Rogers wrote:
mark the finished size of the block and the finished size of the sashing
on both edges of the vertical sashing, making sure they are...
Forum: Quilting August 15th 07, 10:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By MaleQuilter
Sashing help

On Aug 15, 3:51 pm, Anne Rogers wrote:
mark the finished size of the block and the finished size of the sashing
on both edges of the vertical sashing, making sure they are...
Forum: Quilting August 15th 07, 09:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By MaleQuilter
Sashing help

I am now working on my first embroidery block quilt (actually 42" x
42" wallhanging). Nine redwork blocks with sashing. I squared up my
blocks and sewed blocks into three rows and am now ready to...
Forum: Quilting July 31st 07, 10:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 57
Posted By MaleQuilter
Electric Quilt 6? Worth it??

On Jul 31, 3:39 pm, Connie wrote:
In article , Susan Torrens

wrote:
I've been reading all the...
Forum: Quilting July 30th 07, 11:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By MaleQuilter
Redwork embroidery blocks

Thanks for the replies.

I'm still just in the planning stage and your suggestions have really
been helpful.

I was worried about quilting having a bad effect on the redwork. I've
used mono on a...
Forum: Quilting July 30th 07, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By MaleQuilter
Redwork embroidery blocks

I am thinking about doing a quilt with redwork embroidery blocks,
sashing, a narrow and wider border. As a new quilter I have the
advantage of not knowing much about what I'm trying to do. So I...
Forum: Quilting July 25th 07, 08:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By MaleQuilter
Quilt show Nashville

I have not seen much discussion here about the upcoming AQS show in
Nashville in August.

Is anyone here going to the show?

Jerry in North Alabama
http://community.webshots.com/user/MaleQuilter
Forum: Quilting July 23rd 07, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By MaleQuilter
Stitch length for machine quilting

On Jul 23, 8:53 am, "Kathy Applebaum"
wrote:
"MaleQuilter" wrote in message

Forum: Quilting July 23rd 07, 04:05 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By MaleQuilter
Stitch length for machine quilting

On all of my previous projects, I have used a stitch length of 2.5
(Bernina 640). However, lately I have noticed that other quilters
seem to often use a longer stitch length.

What stitch length do...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 152