Showing results 1 to 25 of 362
Search took 0.22 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jack Campin - bogus address
Forum: Quilting November 7th 09, 01:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
my photos on flicker

Ruby wrote:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/44364712@N05/?saved=1

Yay!!!

You have the same sort of taste in colours I do, and I love
those "is it regular or isn't it?...
Forum: Quilting November 4th 09, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
Sticky notes on your monitor

I'm happily removing a dozen tiny notes from my desk and putting
them on these stickies. It's so nice to have a clean desk!

If you've got something to do that NEEDS a clean...
Forum: Quilting October 31st 09, 10:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
1 month

May I be the first to burst that bubble, Roberta? Last week I was at Target
(a huge chain store) and I had to LEAVE the 'decorations' department because
it was too confusing! There were many...
Forum: Quilting October 31st 09, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
Sticky notes on your monitor

A friend sent me the cutest free software for sticky notes. The wee little
icon sits unobtrusively on the bottom of the screen until needed. Of
course, it may be years before I learn all...
Forum: Quilting October 30th 09, 12:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
very handy little gadget!

Funny story about magnets! My dh has one of these things. He & me were
putting a composter together in the back yard. One very necessary bolt
slipped through a crack in the steps. The...
Forum: Quilting October 24th 09, 04:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Wish you were here

There are 9 fussy cut frogs on the cutting table. They have silly
faces and are not neon colors but close, really close.
If you were here, you could help me choose the sashing and borders.
Forum: Quilting October 17th 09, 08:55 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Opinions needed quick -- it's not pretty

I've made a baby quilt for good friends. It's bright and beautiful and
I will be sad to see it leave my sewing room. [...] The quilting is not
pretty on the back. The front is so gorgeous.

No...
Forum: Quilting October 16th 09, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
New Little Blog

I'm Chiara from Italy
I love work quilt and Patchwork..
I made a little blog of it....
If we want to see and comment my work....pls send a comm
i'm a newbie
Thanx for all
the blog is:...
Forum: Quilting October 15th 09, 01:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 31
un-attaching a quilt

I have decided to make a confession, right out here in the open.
Sometimes I dilly dally around getting the final touches finished on a
quilt. Because. I'm just not ready to part with it...
Forum: Quilting October 12th 09, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
OT ping Polly

after watching some of a doco on tv yesterday found this site.
http://www.africaguide.com/culture/tribes/afar.htm
this could explain something on location of that lot.

You would be less likely...
Forum: Quilting October 9th 09, 10:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
OT Expensive QI

Ooooh if Jake comes around, please don't let him near the kittens. I'm
certain you already know this, but on the off chance that you don't --
tom cats all too often will kill new kittens,...
Forum: Quilting October 9th 09, 10:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
OT Expensive QI

My QI Miss Lucy is costing me several hundred dollars today.
I have to buy a new mattress. [she had kittens on the bed]

Our Marblecake had two litters of kittens on our bed (early in...
Forum: Quilting October 5th 09, 11:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Awareness ribbons

http://www.emblibrary.com/EL/elprojects/pdf/pr1326.pdf
Scroll down for the list of awareness ribbon colours and other info.
Who decides these things? Is there a Panel somewhere that allots
Forum: Quilting October 4th 09, 02:34 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 32
OT bad stuff

Anne Rogers wrote:

We're not with Group Health, I went to the ER at Overlake
yesterday and they sent me home.

You left the UK three years ago, I think you said? Maybe...
Forum: Quilting October 1st 09, 12:48 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 52
OT Potatos

I am also thinking very very hard about spending $10 on a decent
potato masher. The kind I know best are the ones that are sort of
wannabe ricers, a steel plate with holes in it on a handle. ...
Forum: Quilting September 30th 09, 12:00 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
trip to the UK

Comparisons - My LQS (Quilters Haven) and a selection of
US shops using good quality fabric:
Moda Peace on Earth UK = £9 ($14) In the US = $8.69
Makower Coast UK = £8 ($12) ...
Forum: Quilting September 29th 09, 01:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
trip to the UK

don't forget that fabric prices, etc here are twice those in the US.

Is that true when you factor in the quality?

I get the impression that the main difference is that there's
a lot more cheap,...
Forum: Quilting September 28th 09, 10:49 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
trip to the UK

We're probably taking a longish trip to the UK over the Christmas
period, the main areas we'll be in are Manchester, Hull, Edinburgh
and Cambridge, but there will probably be day trips to catch...
Forum: Quilting September 21st 09, 11:46 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 29
OT -- questions about QI

Please describe how you install the masking tape, Edna?
I used to fold back the tape like you use it around your hand
to pick up lint, and place it where I didn't want my cat to be.
Forum: Quilting September 20th 09, 12:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 29
OT -- questions about QI

So far as live music, if anybody is playing flute or recorder, Missy
is fascinated. She is the only one with that interest.

My Chloe likes REALLY HIGH PITCHED instruments. The sopranino...
Forum: Quilting September 18th 09, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Magnifier lenses for close up stitching/quilting/thread painting?

Do any of you use a magnifying lens for quilting or thread painting? I
really need something to help me see details. I bought a cheap little
lens for $7 or $8 and it's worthless. Supposed to...
Forum: Quilting September 16th 09, 12:15 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
quilting fleece

Can anyone say how hard hand quilting fleece is before I start

It's a doddle. Just don't ever make a mistake...

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk...
Forum: Quilting September 15th 09, 08:37 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Prayers needed for health

I'm glad you finally got helped, elsewhere, and so sorry you had to
deal with "Dr. Death" at the first hospital! You should definitely let
however is in charge at that hospital (Hospital...
Forum: Quilting September 11th 09, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
The reports of my demise are highly exaggerated!

I'd been having chest pain for a couple of months, brought on by
exertion. So I figured I either had some oesophagus problem (reflux,
scleroderma or hiatus hernia) or else angina. But this...
Forum: Quilting September 11th 09, 09:50 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
The reports of my demise are highly exaggerated!

I'm ok, really, but I now know what a heart attack feels like -
but it wasn't one.

I am currently waiting for an angioplasty after having a heart attack
that didn't feel like one. I'd had much...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 362