Showing results 1 to 25 of 73
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: mermaidscove_com
Forum: Polymer Clay February 11th 10, 09:37 AM Posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Replies: 2
Posted By mermaidscove_com
Lighter Covers

http://shop.rings-things.com/cart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=1297

Here you go. There may be other methods too I have seen a number of
artists offer them in pc and bead woven too.
Forum: Beads February 8th 10, 09:44 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 4
Posted By mermaidscove_com
People are just plain trifling!

Other than price it could just be the style, I have seen it happen and
tried a different style on the same group and gotten a completely
different reaction. Maybe try to notice what they have already...
Forum: Beads January 20th 10, 05:01 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 0
Posted By mermaidscove_com
bead identity question

I have a green lampwork teapot bead with a pink rose decoration, it
has a signature cane DA, does anybody have any idea who that might be?
I know it's a tall order but I thought I would try. It was a...
Forum: Beads October 19th 09, 10:52 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 7
Posted By mermaidscove_com
Sorting & Organizing Beads

I do the same, as long as you take time to gloat ;-) it can be fun to
organize the beads.
Forum: Beads October 19th 09, 10:49 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 0
Posted By mermaidscove_com
Best "How To" Beading books?

The Carol Wilcox Wells book you already have is very good, I learned
with that and The New Beadwork by Kathlyn Moss, Alice Scherer, and
Tommy Olof Elder whic had a lot of different types of work to...
Forum: Beads February 27th 09, 11:01 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 2
Posted By mermaidscove_com
Any idea where to find snap set or snap tite settings forwirework?

River Gems (Rio Grande) has a selection of that kind of setting. Their
website is not friendly but they have a print catalog. Fire Mountain
has a few of them as well.
Forum: Beads October 19th 08, 02:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 5
Posted By mermaidscove_com
Help for our categories

That looks pretty good. there are also pewter or metal beads but they
could go in other. Clay is another possible category. There is
something to be said for dividing these things into handmade vs...
Forum: Beads October 29th 07, 08:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 16
Posted By mermaidscove_com
need earring wires

http://halsteadbead.com/Product.asp?PassVar=Gold-Filled||Earring%20Findings||Leverbacks#GF099

If you can buy wholesale (meet minimum and resale) Halstead is a great
source for sterling and...
Forum: Polymer Clay May 14th 07, 08:26 AM Posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Replies: 3
Posted By mermaidscove_com
New and interested

This site has lots of pictures of good easy techniques:
http://www.norajean.com/

Here is a favorite...
Forum: Beads March 3rd 07, 10:10 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 9
Posted By mermaidscove_com
MY Beady Post for the Week!

That's very pretty. Coraling takes so long to do but the effect is
worth it.

Ingrid
Forum: Beads December 14th 06, 09:40 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 22
Posted By mermaidscove_com
What to call this shape shell pendant?

They also used to sell ovals with an off center hole as doorknocker
donuts or hoops because they were mainly used for earrings of that
name. I don't know if any people are typing that in ebay search...
Forum: Beads December 2nd 06, 10:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 3
Posted By mermaidscove_com
AD: New from me...

Those are beautiful!

Ingrid
Forum: Beads November 25th 06, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 10
Posted By mermaidscove_com
Want to see my beaded ATCS?

I like the ATCs and you are right, Lisa's Sea Scape box is great!

Ingrid
Forum: Beads November 12th 06, 09:55 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 10
Posted By mermaidscove_com
For Our Glass Fusers

I am having trouble deciding what to use of not of metals also. Having
been in jewelry a couple of decades I also have lost my patience with
polishing silver. Gold is great if you can afford it,...
Forum: Beads November 8th 06, 10:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 16
Posted By mermaidscove_com
Beading and a scare

It is good that you're ok and that you had help when it was needed.
It's hard to believe a GP would not take you seriously after a bypass
though! Make sure to tell him about it.

Ingrid
Forum: Beads November 4th 06, 09:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 3
Posted By mermaidscove_com
Purple seed beads--glass limitation?

Depends on the bead, some fade in sunlight and some will fade with
chemical exposure like dry cleaning fluid. Sunlight tends to bleach
most things and if you like something I'd try to avoid leaving...
Forum: Beads November 4th 06, 09:32 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 17
Posted By mermaidscove_com
Stolen pictures....again. Make sure your beads aren't here!

PS. At this link here to a Chinese beads factory/wholesale place you
will see most of their supposedly Murano Glass inventory, even the
finished jewelry. I wonder if this is another incarnation of AH...
Forum: Beads November 4th 06, 09:18 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 17
Posted By mermaidscove_com
Stolen pictures....again. Make sure your beads aren't here!

I can spot a few Chinese beads in there too, under the 'fancy' link, in
the beads they are actually selling. Who knows if you'd get anything at
all if you bought from them but clearly they are lying...
Forum: Beads October 8th 06, 08:48 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 2
Posted By mermaidscove_com
I found a new bead supplier! - and has anyone used Stringth cord?

I have tried it and I don't like it for the same reason I have trouble
with other two ply twisted threads (unless I am knotting between
beads), they tend to stretch out after you tie your knot and...
Forum: Beads October 5th 06, 09:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 5
Posted By mermaidscove_com
How to remove plastic/rubber liner from bottle caps?

I don't know how to clean them but you can get blank ones that are
already clean here,
close to the bottom of the...
Forum: Beads October 4th 06, 09:41 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 15
Posted By mermaidscove_com
Craft Show Booth Success...

I used to, I have not for a number of years. I tried a lot of different
price level shows because I wanted to see if it effected the results I
was having. So far the internet works best for me. I do...
Forum: Beads October 4th 06, 09:33 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 15
Posted By mermaidscove_com
Craft Show Booth Success...

Yes, I do that all the time! Guess it blows that theory though doesn't
it?

You read from right to left? Oh, maybe you mean your other right? LOL
Forum: Beads October 3rd 06, 11:19 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 9
Posted By mermaidscove_com
Delurking to share a few pics

Those are nifty, I like the looks of both but the watch one I like
slightly better too.

Ingrid
Forum: Beads October 1st 06, 09:24 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 5
Posted By mermaidscove_com
Free Bead Pattern Software for Windows and Mac OS X

Thank you! It looks very good.

Ingrid
Forum: Beads September 29th 06, 09:30 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 7
Posted By mermaidscove_com
Dichroic Toho Aiko beads

I do seed beads :D and those look amazing!

Ingrid
Showing results 1 to 25 of 73