Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.73 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Pati Cook
Forum: Quilting May 16th 08, 03:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 65
Posted By Pati Cook
OTOT fashion whine

I do give lessons. VBG Love to teach and help folks learn how to have
fun with fabric, needle and thread. VBG
While making clothes can take time away from quilting it really isn't
any more time...
Forum: Quilting May 16th 08, 02:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 65
Posted By Pati Cook
OTOT fashion whine

If we can ever manage a big RCTQ retreat I will volunteer to help anyone
who needs the help with how to do pattern alteration for you. If you can
get a good basic well fitting bodice pattern, you...
Forum: Quilting May 16th 08, 02:16 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 65
Posted By Pati Cook
OTOT fashion whine

This is being a wonderful thread in general. VBG
I learned to sew in junior high Home Ec. class. Then took one year of
High School Home Ec. Started making my own clothes then, and have ever...
Forum: Quilting May 16th 08, 02:07 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 65
Posted By Pati Cook
What happened to Home Ec??? was OTOT fashion whine

L, you just hit a sore spot... VBG "Whatever happened to Home Ec.????"
Let me tell you a bit about that. G (I taught jr. high "Home Ec.", now
usually called "Life Management" or "Life Skills"...
Forum: Quilting May 14th 08, 05:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Pati Cook
OT Cameras

We now have 2 digital cameras. G the first is the HP which is okay.
Not anything fancy, easy to use and such. The one we most recently
bought is a Canon. It has more somethings and can take more...
Forum: Quilting May 14th 08, 04:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 41
Posted By Pati Cook
English paper piecing.

That is one of many reasons I love Inklingo. Have one of those on my
"list" and have started printing and cutting half hexes for it. G
With Inklingo, no papers, no basting, no whipstitching. VBG...
Forum: Quilting August 4th 07, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 29
Posted By Pati Cook
Very narrow border.

Yep, finished and mailed off. And yes I did dot in color in the
background. Pics in the Hoffman album. BG (Still not sure it is
really what I had intended, but it has been sent...
Forum: Quilting August 4th 07, 09:40 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Pati Cook
new pics

Well, last week I did finish my Hoffman Challenge quilt and got it off
in the mail. I am not sure the quilt came out the way I wanted it to, it
was a big change in style for me. BG All hand...
Forum: Quilting August 4th 07, 09:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Pati Cook
Scallopped edges Wavy Edge Quilt

The instructions are a bit scary, but the results are well worth it.
That is the method I will use when I finish quilting my Dear Jane quilt.
I am also planning to do another smaller quilt to...
Forum: Quilting August 4th 07, 05:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Pati Cook
Scallopped edges Wavy Edge Quilt

I know!! I know!! (waving hand wildly in the air......)

For your edges, take a piece of adding machine paper tape the length of
your edge. fold to find the middle, the quarters, etc. Then fan...
Forum: Quilting August 4th 07, 05:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 71
Posted By Pati Cook
Singer sewing machines was... OT cooking stoves Maytag Opinion

Singer sewing machines for years were among the very best available.
Then the Name was sold. The machine quality went downhill as the
"company" was sold several times.
A couple (??) years ago they...
Forum: Quilting August 4th 07, 04:54 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 29
Posted By Pati Cook
I'm an outcast -- was, I'm back!!!!

Let me in on Aioe.... sigh. I am getting even more disenchanted with
earthlink news service and it turns out that covad discontinued their
news server last month. sigh.

Pati, in Phx...
Forum: Quilting August 3rd 07, 08:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 29
Posted By Pati Cook
Very narrow border.

I also have that book. G Am getting ready to do one of the quilts to
teach here in the valley. BG Looks like fun, but the technique is
actually applique, not piecing. I am also preparing to do...
Forum: Quilting August 3rd 07, 07:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By Pati Cook
A new machine

A seraglio. G

Pati, in Phx
http://community.webshots.com/user/PatiCooks

Patti wrote:
He-he!
What do they call 'it' this way round?
Forum: Quilting August 3rd 07, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 29
Posted By Pati Cook
Very narrow border.

I was thinking the same thing. Do every time I do one of these
"inserts". G But I usually cut my strips at 1" so that the little
flap, at a quarter of an inch, isn't as "flappy". It often gives...
Forum: Quilting August 3rd 07, 07:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 71
Posted By Pati Cook
OT cooking stoves and hand vacs

Reading this thread has been a treat. G
Stoves-- I am fond of electric stoves/ovens because of bad experiences
with gas ones. So was delighted when we moved into this house to find
electric built...
Forum: Quilting August 2nd 07, 06:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Pati Cook
Need help with ideas for a quilting class- YIKES!

Google for "Penny Pennington" (Just did and the site comes up.) BG

Pati, in Phx
http://community.webshots.com/user/PatiCooks

Dee in Oz wrote:
What about some of these coasters Leslie ?
Forum: Quilting August 1st 07, 10:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 0
Posted By Pati Cook
Simple projects

Since there has been a request, or more on occasion for some simple
projects here is one.

Needlebook
(Pics of one can be found at my webshots, album: Sewing accessories.
Forum: Quilting August 1st 07, 09:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Pati Cook
Need help with ideas for a quilting class- YIKES!

Leslie, with both hand and machine seamsters it will be difficult to do
anything cohesive, since so many things are somewhat different for the
two groups.
Most things that would take a hand sewist...
Forum: Quilting August 1st 07, 07:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 24
Posted By Pati Cook
Moon over the mountain question

If you use pinking shears to trim your circles, they are pre-notched for
you. G And be sure not to clip too close to the stitching, not only to
insure not clipping the thread but also because...
Forum: Quilting July 31st 07, 11:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 57
Posted By Pati Cook
Electric Quilt 6? Worth it??

EQ has the capability to do most,if not all, of what you want. G
I know that there are all sorts of ways to divide circles, and
relatively easy ways to draw them. G
You can always snap to a...
Forum: Quilting July 31st 07, 11:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Pati Cook
banana pudding

Not Polly, but my DH loves banana pudding. G I never had a "recipe",
just layer pudding, Vanilla wafers and sliced bananas in a bowl.
Polly, I too, stand up wafers around the edge of the bowl....
Forum: Quilting July 31st 07, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By Pati Cook
Totally OT-Tea

You might ask at the restaurant what tea they are serving. I have had
several different ones at different places. G A common tea served is
Jasmine tea. The blossoms add a hint of a flowery...
Forum: Quilting July 31st 07, 02:32 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Pati Cook
Redwork embroidery blocks

Jerry, I hadn't yet replied to your original message G But do have
some comments.
The one redwork quilt I have finished I did with red floss on unbleached
muslin. I set it with fabric that is...
Forum: Quilting July 30th 07, 11:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 46
Posted By Pati Cook
Sharon Schamber's new site. Free stuff.

I am in west Phoenix, just a half mile from the Glendale city limits. G
Sharon has actually dropped in on one of my groups' "camps" up in
Payson, at Camp Lomona. (I wasn't able to attend that...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500