Showing results 1 to 25 of 91
Search took 1.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Sarah Dixon
Forum: Quilting June 7th 11, 12:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Sarah Dixon
OT Concrete Alligator Shot Dead

reminds me of this UK story

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-13486698
Forum: Quilting November 1st 10, 08:39 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By Sarah Dixon
OTHER sewing spaces

There are 19 of us going from my local quilt group (plus a couple of
"embellishments", which is what we call daughters of group members who
have moved away, friends of the group etc) With the...
Forum: Quilting October 19th 10, 04:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By Sarah Dixon
OTHER sewing spaces

I hand sew so have sewn

around the house
at the swimming pool
at the climbing centre
at leisure centres
at childrens parties
in the car waiting for children to come out of school
at the local play...
Forum: Quilting August 23rd 10, 09:07 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 56
Posted By Sarah Dixon
Quilting Now?

I've got 4 quilts on the go atm. 3 are being pieced, 2 are jelly roll 1
is a 4" sampler quilt (similar to a Dear Jane, but no applique and in
brights) My 4th quilt is a cot sized strippy, mostly...
Forum: Quilting July 16th 10, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Sarah Dixon
OT The Almond Thingies with the Chocolate Stuff

I use non stick silicone sheet like you would use for applique! They
peel off really easily. My recipe is slightly different but my kids
love the plain ones!
Forum: Quilting October 6th 09, 11:00 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Sarah Dixon
Durham UK Quilt show

Sorry slight typo dates are 20th and 21st November!
Forum: Quilting October 5th 09, 09:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Sarah Dixon
Durham UK Quilt show

The Durham Quilters are having a quilt show on Friday 29th and Saturday
21st November at County Hall in Durham city. Opening times are Friday
10-9 and Saturday 10-3. This is the first show we've...
Forum: Quilting October 2nd 09, 08:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 32
Posted By Sarah Dixon
OT bad stuff

Anne, please don't stop taking your drugs. PPd is an illness and
nothing to do with faith. Look at any other churches in your area, and
go visit them. If your vicar / friend / husband say...
Forum: Quilting September 28th 09, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Sarah Dixon
trip to the UK

Hi, if you are travelling up from Hull to Edinburgh there is

Quilters Cupboard - west side of durham, not open every day
Dainty supplies - Just off the A1M at washington. Sells all sort of
crafty...
Forum: Quilting September 26th 09, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Sarah Dixon
Binding question

Does anybody have a link to instructions on binding a quilt that is NOT
square? In particular how to bind internal corners!

Thanks
sArah
Forum: Quilting September 10th 09, 09:07 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Sarah Dixon
OT - 21 week update

Just don't get a wrist strap harness - mine learnt to take it off when
they wanted to go and see something! I am rapidly going grey with my
two, I have banned all visits to ER for the rest of the...
Forum: Quilting September 8th 09, 09:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Sarah Dixon
OT - 21 week update

I can heartily recommend the baby jail - it certainly helped my sanity!
DH originally said "how hard can it be? Just keep an eye on him!" so I
left him to look after DS for a couple of hours by...
Forum: Quilting September 3rd 09, 08:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Sarah Dixon
Harrogate Quilt Show

Oh, poor you! I should go to the show and enjoy spending your winnings!
I have to go at the weekend as I have 2 DS to look after during the
week and I'm not going to attempt to take them!! ...
Forum: Quilting September 2nd 09, 02:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Sarah Dixon
Harrogate Quilt Show

Hi, is anyone going to the Harrogate (UK) quilt show at the weekend?
Forum: Quilting July 21st 09, 07:55 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By Sarah Dixon
heart-shaped buttons

Sartorresartus wrote:
f you see what I mean) and pillar-box red.

Looked everywhere (I think) and now at hair-tearing stage. Thought...
someone here will know JUST where to go.

TIA
Forum: Quilting July 15th 09, 08:49 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 29
Posted By Sarah Dixon
May I come back now, please?

I've been to the september one a few times as my group usually go. I
was going to enter this year but missed the emtry date as I was in
hospital with DS2 (went in for 1 week, ended up spending 3...
Forum: Quilting July 14th 09, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 29
Posted By Sarah Dixon
May I come back now, please?

So will you be going to the Harrogate show in September?

I hope at some point to get to the museum, I'm just up the road in
Durham, but it depends on the kids. We spent this morning in Casulty...
Forum: Quilting July 10th 09, 12:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 59
Posted By Sarah Dixon
hand piecing and quilting

I only hand piece and quilt, I can take it where ever I want. As for
ironing, I've told my husband that our iron only works on patchwork it
won't work on clothes! Life is just too short for...
Forum: Quilting July 7th 09, 08:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Sarah Dixon
Questions about using silk

I have inherited some FQ of silk, but I've never used silk before.

1. How should it be washed & ironed?
2. What thread should I use?
3. Any advice on dos and donts?

Thanks
sArah
Forum: Quilting March 20th 09, 08:51 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Sarah Dixon
quilting a yellow brick road quilt

Hi, I've just finished a YBR type quilt, and I don't have a clue how to
quilt it! How have people quilted their YBR quilts?

Sarah
Forum: Quilting February 21st 09, 09:34 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Sarah Dixon
Visit to New Zealand

Thanks, it ought to be an interesting visit. We are a little limited in
what we can visit as it needs to be child friendly (or for a very short
amount of time) as we will be travelling with a 6...
Forum: Quilting February 20th 09, 09:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Sarah Dixon
Visit to New Zealand

Hi, we're going on a trip to New zealand in October and am just trying
to sort out places to visit. We're starting off in christchurch
travelling up to Golden Bay then across to Wellington,...
Forum: Quilting August 29th 08, 03:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Sarah Dixon
New Quiltville mystery

Hi, try the following addresses instead!

http://quiltville.com/oldtobaccoroadintro.shtml
(Introduction and Fabric requirements)

http://quiltville.com/oldtobaccoroad1.shtml
(Part 1)

Sarah
Forum: Quilting August 28th 08, 10:06 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Sarah Dixon
Singer hand crank

I have just got my grandmothers old Singer machine. How can I find out
what model of machine it is? I have the serial number off the from of
the machine. I am in the UK if that makes a...
Forum: Quilting August 26th 08, 09:59 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Sarah Dixon
stupid frrezer paper question

When ironing freezer paper what iron settings should I use?
Steam or dry?
Hot or cool?

Thanks
Sarah