CraftBanter

-   Polymer Clay (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Slight mishap in sanding... (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=58339)

glumone October 14th 05 01:38 AM

Slight mishap in sanding...

I just had to "share" this with y'all. You'll understand.

Yesterday I made a lovely "brain" cane, just lovely. I used the cane --
the *whole* cane -- to cover a glass bottle. It turned out to be just
-- well -- lovely.

Today I sanded it. Since it was a bit lumpy, I started with 220 grit,
then 320 grit, then 400, 600, 1000, 1500, and finally 2000. Then I got
out my trusty rotary tool, and started buffing.

And then realized I had sanded off the design from many parts of the
bottle! DOH! It still looks OK, and it's possible the recipient won't
notice. I'll give it the "Husband Test" later tonight, see if he
notices. If he does, I'll start fresh...

enui October 22nd 05 01:13 PM

Slight mishap in sanding...

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 17:38:18 -0700, glumone
wrote:

[cut]
And then realized I had sanded off the design from many parts of the
bottle! DOH! It still looks OK, and it's possible the recipient won't
notice. I'll give it the "Husband Test" later tonight, see if he
notices. If he does, I'll start fresh...

*OUCH*
did it pass the "Husband Test" ?
--
enui