CraftBanter

-   -   OT Just for fun- oddball sandwiches (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=87976)

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. October 14th 07 07:51 PM

OT Just for fun- oddball sandwiches

We've done this before but not for a while... it's always fun. What's
*your* favorite oddball, strange, weird, gross, etc. combination for a
sandwich?

Mine is wheatberry bread, butter (no darn margarine!), peanut butter and a
layer of those thick, extra crispy potato chips. YUM!!! Enjoying one right
now and The HairyButt Gang is impatiently waiting for their little piece of
it, too.

How 'bout it? Dare to confess? VBG

Leslie, Missy & The Furbabies in MO.

Kellie J Berger October 14th 07 08:06 PM

OT Just for fun- oddball sandwiches

leave off the chips and add a huge glass of milk (chocolate or plain) and I
am right there with ya!

yum...

also like frenchbread with cucumbers and jack cheese in the summer

Kellie

Kate XXXXXX October 14th 07 08:22 PM

OT Just for fun- oddball sandwiches

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. wrote:
We've done this before but not for a while... it's always fun. What's
*your* favorite oddball, strange, weird, gross, etc. combination for a
sandwich?

Mine is wheatberry bread, butter (no darn margarine!), peanut butter and a
layer of those thick, extra crispy potato chips. YUM!!! Enjoying one right
now and The HairyButt Gang is impatiently waiting for their little piece of
it, too.

How 'bout it? Dare to confess? VBG

Leslie, Missy & The Furbabies in MO.

Ye Gods! That takes me back to school days, when tthe girls would
spread those long finger iced buns with butter, PB, golden syrup or jam
AND Marmite! Yup - all at once! And they were all skinny little
witches, too!

I could never quiote hack the sweetness of it, or the repulsive texture
of seventies PB, with homogonisers and all sorts in to it laminated
everything to the roof ov yer mouf! :D

My best is a slice of Christrmas pud fried along with the bacon and
mushrooms the following morning, and served with a fried egg in a good
old Scots buttery... A buttery is a richer version of the floury Scots
Morning Roll, made with a dough rather like brioche.
http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Kathy Applebaum October 14th 07 08:26 PM

"Lisa Caryl" wrote in message
"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote in message
We've done this before but not for a while... it's always fun. What's
*your* favorite oddball, strange, weird, gross, etc. combination for a
sandwich?

Wheatberry bread, tuna mixed with mayo (no egg, no pickles) and Doritos.
Heaven........

We always used to put BBQ potato chips in our tuna sandwiches at school.
Thanks for bringing back that memory!

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

http://fabrictramp.typepad.com/fabric_tramping/
remove the obvious to reply

Kathy Applebaum October 14th 07 08:26 PM

OT Just for fun- oddball sandwiches

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote in message
We've done this before but not for a while... it's always fun. What's
*your* favorite oddball, strange, weird, gross, etc. combination for a
sandwich?

I'm not sure this is all that weird... or maybe I'm *really* weird because I
don't think it's weird! :)

Every year we'd make Thanksgiving sandwiches after the holiday -- slice of
bread, mayo, slice of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce,
mayo, another slice of bread. (Gravy may be used ONLY if you've run out of
cranberry sauce). Yum!

DrQuilter[_2_] October 14th 07 08:31 PM

OT Just for fun- oddball sandwiches

when I was pregnant, I used to have white cream cheese and banana
sandwiches. everybody thought it was odd, but I think it tastes great! i
keep saying I had no food related oddness during pregnancy, but you just
made me remember this! what I do acknowledge I did have was food
rejection issues - mostly shrimp and red wine.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. wrote:
We've done this before but not for a while... it's always fun. What's
*your* favorite oddball, strange, weird, gross, etc. combination for a
sandwich?

Mine is wheatberry bread, butter (no darn margarine!), peanut butter and a
layer of those thick, extra crispy potato chips. YUM!!! Enjoying one right
now and The HairyButt Gang is impatiently waiting for their little piece of
it, too.

How 'bout it? Dare to confess? VBG

Leslie, Missy & The Furbabies in MO.

--

Dr.Quilter
drquilter at gmail dot com

Julia in MN October 14th 07 08:36 PM

OT Just for fun- oddball sandwiches

Homemade white bread, sour cream, brown sugar. DH can't watch me eat it :)

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Alice October 14th 07 08:52 PM

OT Just for fun- oddball sandwiches

How about dill pickles, mayo and peanut butter on rye? I grew up eating
this, and never realized that everyone else didn't! Also, we put peanut
butter on our BLT's.......mmmmmmmmmm!

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu

Lizzy Taylor October 14th 07 08:53 PM

OT Just for fun- oddball sandwiches

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. wrote:
We've done this before but not for a while... it's always fun. What's
*your* favorite oddball, strange, weird, gross, etc. combination for a
sandwich?

A nice crumbly Lancashire (or Cheshire) cheese with raspberry jam.

Lizzy

Sandy October 14th 07 09:16 PM

OT Just for fun- oddball sandwiches

In article ,
"Alice" wrote:

How about dill pickles, mayo and peanut butter on rye? I grew up eating
this, and never realized that everyone else didn't! Also, we put peanut
butter on our BLT's.......mmmmmmmmmm!

I grew up eating peanut butter, butter, sardines and apple jelly on a
sandwich. Like you, Alice, I never realized it was odd. As I got a bit
older, I substituted bananas for the apple jelly -- *so* good! :)

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net