CraftBanter

-   Needlework (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Cross Stitch Shops in/near Harrisburg, PA (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=22546)

Rubyslipper02001 February 17th 04 07:39 PM

Cross Stitch Shops in/near Harrisburg, PA

Hi, I will be traveling to Harrisburg, PA on Thursday. Can anyone tell me if
there are any cross stitch shops in the area. I will be traveling along Rt. 83
North and will have a little bit of time to kill.
Thank you,
Gail

Beverly B February 18th 04 03:16 PM

There are two that I know of that would not be too far out of your way.
Unfortunately I have not shopped at either one so I can't give you any real
info. Grim Hollow Stitchery http://www.grimhollow.com/ has been in business
the longest of the two and is not too far off of I83 in Red Lion Pa which is
south of Harrisburg. The other shop is in the outlets at Hershey which
would be about a half hour east of Harrisburg. This shop is fairly new
(probably a year or two old) and is called Cross Stitch Corner. A.C.Moore
and Ben Franklin both have stores in the Harrisburg area for general crafts
as well as stitching supplies. If you have an option of heading south on
I81 after you leave Harrisburg you could stop at my LNS which is Brick
Stitch House http://www.brickstitchhouse.com/ Diane has tons of charts and
sells fabric by the inch. Her selection of threads is a little limited
though but she does carry Weeks, GAST and Needle Necessities.
Beverly B