CraftBanter

-   Pottery (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   9th gen. potter video can be viewed free (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=50513)

Brad Sondahl May 24th 05 06:13 AM

9th gen. potter video can be viewed free

I just watched Unbroken Tradition a portrait of Jerry Brown, a ninth
generation potter from Hamilton, Alabama. If you have broadband
internet, you can watch it too for free at
http://folkstreams.net/
It was filmed in 1985-6 but could have been made in the 1800's for the
technology employed--hand dug clay, mule powered pug mill, 5 gallon
churns and wood kiln. It's a half hour long, and well worth it for any
potter to watch. The video image is small (if you use Realplayer I just
discovered you can double the image size on your screen by clicking on
the upper left corner of the screen, but of course the larger the image,
the grainier) but you get the idea of what's happening.
Brad Sondahl
--
For my pottery how-to videos, original art, music, pottery, and
literature, visit my homepage

To reply to me directly, don't forget to take out the "garbage" from my
address.