CraftBanter

-   -   What time of the day do you quilt? (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=27495)

Liz and Steve Ford October 12th 03 01:17 PM

Hi Alice I quilt anytime of day but find myself really winding up at about
9.00 pm. Think it is the peace and quiet of the house, no phone calls and
you know no one is going to need you for a while. What about you?

Liz Ford
Waikiki Western Australia
"AliceW" wrote in message
Are you a morning person or a night owl? What time of the day do you find
you are most productive with your quilting?

--
Alice in NJ
www.ourcyberfamily.us

AliceW October 13th 03 01:15 PM

Early afternoon seems to be my best time. I guess by then, I have gotten
all my chores done for that day and I can focus more. I have not gotten as
much quilting done as I would like of late since I knew I had closets to
clean and the basement to tackle as well. I think I feel guilty when I
quilt whenever the time if I know I should be doing something else in the
house.

--
Alice in NJ
www.ourcyberfamily.us
"In prosperity our friends know us; in adversity we know our friends."
John Churton Collins

. au...

Louise October 13th 03 01:42 PM

Definitely a night owl (as long as I'm in bed by 9:30!). When I'm on a
deadline, though, I'm amazed at how much I can get done any time of day.

Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

Queen of Squishies October 13th 03 01:58 PM

Morning is most productive, afternoon is most pleasant, and evening is bonus
progress when I get it. Evening work makes me the most sore though.

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
My reply address is scrambled. Please change my
address to hicall80 at earthlink dot net

NightMist October 13th 03 02:24 PM

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 07:53:20 -0400, "AliceW"
wrote:

Are you a morning person or a night owl? What time of the day do you find
you are most productive with your quilting?

I used to have a nice little program going for myself, sew in the
morning, paint in the afternoon, do everything else in between and in
the evenings.
Nowdays, I seem to be everywhere at once doing everything I want to do
in the cracks in between all the gottas.

Most often I am finding myself doing all my assorted sewing between
2:00 and 6:00 in the morning.

NightMist
sleep? You mean I'm supposed to sleep too?
--

I'm a little teapot, short and stout
here is my handle, here is my...other...handle?

Patti October 13th 03 02:29 PM

Hullo Alice
Good question! For me, always morning. Occasionally I will work in an
afternoon; but hardly ever after dark (whenever dark occurs). I just
don't feel right. I will if I have to for a deadline or something; but
I don't enjoy it (and often have to re-do things). I am definitely a
morning person.
..
In article , AliceW
writes
Are you a morning person or a night owl? What time of the day do you find
you are most productive with your quilting?

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

frood October 13th 03 02:35 PM

I'm not a night owl like DH, and I'm definately not a morning person. I'd
love a nap in the afternoon, so I guess I'm a late-morning kind of person!
;-)

Actually, I get quilting vibes going in the mornings or afternoons (provided
Spike and Giles cooperate).

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Julia in MN October 13th 03 02:35 PM

I do most of my cutting and machine work in the afternoon and most of
the hand quilting in the evening.

Julia in MN

http://mail.chartermi.net/~jaccola/

Diana Curtis October 13th 03 03:43 PM

I would enjoy it any time of day or night but find myself most awake and
happy doing it during the morning, and early afternoon, thats when the light
is good, and the other family obligations are at a minimum. A good lamp
would mean I could sew more! ooh... good thinking! lol ..Im picturing those
times when I get an insomnia bout and spend my time here since the work I
could do in the dark would need to be ripped out the next morning anyway.
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44