CraftBanter

-   Polymer Clay (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   How do I create a bumpy texture in my clay? (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=101169)

greg February 19th 09 02:57 PM

How do I create a bumpy texture in my clay?

I want to make a bumpy texture but I don't know how to do it. I want
the bumps to be different sizes.

Barbara Forbes-Lyons February 19th 09 10:13 PM

How do I create a bumpy texture in my clay?

You need a texture sheet that has indentation in it, so that the clay
will fill it, making bumps.

This is easy to do with scrap clay, silicone molding material or Sculpey
Moldmaker and items to make the texture like:

ball stylus (various sizes)
marbles or ball bearings
anything with a rounded end- used pencil erasers, dowels, etc.

I made a rather fun texture sheet by rubbing a dryer ball over scrap
clay and baking it.
(http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/dryer_balls.html)

Use a release agent (talc, cornstarch, armor-all) so that your clay
doesn't stick to the texture sheet.

Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Habitué

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

http://www.penguintrax.com
http://www.polymerclayworkshops.com

Dulce Isler March 3rd 09 09:36 PM

On 2009-02-19 09:57:55 -0500, greg said:

I want to make a bumpy texture but I don't know how to do it. I want
the bumps to be different sizes.

u need to get anything...like a sponge with an abrasive side, a kids
toy. anything makes a texture