CraftBanter

-   -   Halloween Bowl (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=33862)

Joan8904 August 31st 04 11:58 PM

Halloween Bowl

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/s...en=1&sm=1&sl=1

Great fun! I got some of the Halloween fabric that glows in the dark to make a
bowl for Wonder Boy (DGS#1 and only). I used a 9" square for this bowl and
it's a perfectly sized little bowl. What should I put in it, as I can't give
him candy? Husband suggests he'll think it's a hat, so don't bother. And he
may be right!

joan
joan o'reilly
live strong
http://members.aol.com/Joan8904/index.html

DJDREVNA September 1st 04 12:26 AM

How old is the DGS? Maybe match Box Cars. I got it more glow in the dark stuff
for in his room , like spiders and bats.

She

Don/Gen September 1st 04 01:22 AM

Depending on age, how about McDonadl's coupon book. My 2 DGS's love those.
They think it's great to "pay" by themselves.
Gen

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/s...&open=1&sm=1&s

Kate Dicey September 1st 04 08:36 AM

Joan8904 wrote:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/s...en=1&sm=1&sl=1

Great fun! I got some of the Halloween fabric that glows in the dark to make a
bowl for Wonder Boy (DGS#1 and only). I used a 9" square for this bowl and
it's a perfectly sized little bowl. What should I put in it, as I can't give
him candy? Husband suggests he'll think it's a hat, so don't bother. And he
may be right!

joan
joan o'reilly
live strong
http://members.aol.com/Joan8904/index.html

How about a few small ghostly toys? Playmobil do a nice
glow-in-the-dark ghost. If he's too young for that, why not make a few
humbug shaped beanbags out of more Halloween fabric, and paint a set of
wooden skittles into glow-in-the-dark ghosts to go with them. Play in
the dark skittles! :)

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Joan8904 September 1st 04 11:57 AM

Thanx for the great 'gift' ideas. Talley is two, so the bean bags may be a
great idea! And he loves his little cars. (I still remember how painful it
was 30+ years ago to step on his Father's Matchbox cars with barefeet!)

Kate Dicey September 1st 04 01:00 PM

Joan8904 wrote:

Thanx for the great 'gift' ideas. Talley is two, so the bean bags may be a
great idea! And he loves his little cars. (I still remember how painful it
was 30+ years ago to step on his Father's Matchbox cars with barefeet!)

joan
joan o'reilly
live strong
http://members.aol.com/Joan8904/index.html

For me the constant hazard is Lego and Playmobil... Why are yellow
bricks sharper than all the rest?

Oh, and I found the jewel that fell off the beaded dress and had to be
replaced - by stepping on it!

nana2b September 1st 04 04:22 PM

Love the fabrics! I am going to make one this year for the goodies!

--
Sugar & Spice Quilts by Linda E
http://community.webshots.com/user/frame242

nzl* September 3rd 04 04:10 AM

glow in the dark stickers of the stars/planets etc for his ceiling are fun.
jeanne
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
real reply is san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"Joan8904" wrote...