CraftBanter

-   -   SPRING FORTH QUILT (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=139808)

[email protected] February 8th 16 06:06 PM

SPRING FORTH QUILT

If you have Feb./Mar. 2016 issue of McCalls quilting magazine,the quilt I am making is on the cover and also see it on page 9. I used a jelly roll, Kona white fabric and some of my small amounts of left over fabric from other quilts. Here is what you do. Sew one 4 1/2 inch print and 1-2 1/2 inch white together at one end, then the other 2 1/2 inch same print to other 2 1/2 white end. Now each layer(is 3 pieces) you reverse each section sewing 36 of these vertically making 6 vertical rows, then put 2 1/2 inch sashing between rows along with top and bottom sashings. I then cut an outer border 5 1/2 inch and sewed this on to make it bigger. This is such a simple quilt anyone can make this quickly.

Note: Ist row is 4 1/2 inch print, a 2 1/2 inch white, then another 2 1/2 same color print.
2nd row is 2 1/2 inch of different print, 2 1/2 inch white, and last is the 4 1/2 inch same different print. By reversing each row, the white makes a zig zag pattern. Hope I haven't confused everyone. Enjoy.
Sandy$

Bobbie Sews More February 8th 16 06:16 PM

SPRING FORTH QUILT

wrote in message

[...]

Sounds like an interesting and easy quilt!
Barbara in FL

Brian[_3_] February 11th 16 08:47 AM

SPRING FORTH QUILT

On Mon, 08 Feb 2016 10:06:09 -0800, morningdove2011 wrote:

If you have Feb./Mar. 2016 issue of McCalls quilting magazine,the quilt
I am making is on the cover and also see it on page 9.

Do you mean McCall's Quick Quilts, this edition:
http://www.quiltandsewshop.com/produ...ilts-february-
march-2016-download/quick-quilts

For anyone that is interested, there is a button to enlarge the photo
just below the picture so you can see a closeup of this quilt.

Also, for anyone that is interested, the magazine can be purchased for
5.99 + s/h at this page:
http://www.quiltandsewshop.com/categ...gorysub_quick-
quilts&utm_source=mccallsquilting.com&utm_medium=r eferral&utm_campaign=mcq-
kpa-ec-151203-QQFM16 as either a digital download or an actual physical
magazine.

I have no idea what the price would be at a quilting store or newstand.

Here is another picture, provided I have found the right quilt, and I am
pretty sure I have:
http://www.mccallsquilting.com/quick...Forth-Scrappy-
Fat-Quarter-Quilt-Pattern

Brian Christiansen.

[email protected] February 18th 16 04:13 PM

SPRING FORTH QUILT

Hello Bobbie and Brian,
Bobbie, this is a very, very easy pattern.

Brian, I gave you the magazine name along with the months and year in the very first line of my post. Did you not read that?
Sandy$

Brian[_3_] February 18th 16 10:05 PM

SPRING FORTH QUILT

On Thu, 18 Feb 2016 08:13:20 -0800, morningdove2011 wrote:
Brian, I gave you the magazine name along with the months and year
in the very first line of my post. Did you not read that?

Yes, I did read that, that is why I wanted to know if it the magazine I
linked to was the one you were working frome, and the quilt I linked to
was the one you were working on.

Brian Christiansen

[email protected] February 20th 16 05:53 PM

SPRING FORTH QUILT

Hello Brian,
Yes, the picture on the front page magazine is the same quilt, except I put a 5 1/2 inch border on mine making it bigger.
Sandy$