CraftBanter

-   Beads (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Somebody's about to get ripped off bigtime (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=57436)

Kalera September 26th 05 06:12 PM

Somebody's about to get ripped off bigtime

This kinda makes me sad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/AustinHamilton-W...temZ5035196619
--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com

katieW. September 26th 05 06:38 PM

um....... why will this be a rip-off? (I'm ignorant and curious. I've
looked at several of his auctions in the past, but have never bid.)

Thanks!!!!

Katie

Dr. Sooz September 26th 05 07:27 PM

This kinda makes me sad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/AustinHamilton-W...rk-Beads-b1045...

~~~~~~~~~
OH MAN. Me too.

Kandice Seeber September 26th 05 10:00 PM

Ick.

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net

Cheryl September 27th 05 01:14 AM

Why?
the person may be selling low- end jewelry
and the cost per bead is in their budget.

They certainly have an adequate photo to judge whether or not they can
use the beads for their designs....
Definitely not "high end" lampwork, but if that is what they buyer is
looking for - why would it
"make you sad?"

Cheryl

Dr. Sooz September 27th 05 01:22 AM

Why?
~~~~~~~
I think you must've missed the millions (yes, MILLIONS! haw) of
conversations we've had here about Mr. Hamilton, Cheryl.
****** ****** ********
- why would it "make you sad?"

~~~~~~~~~~~
Because the person who wins that auction is going to get *way*
substandard beads (no matter what they may look like) for a **big** sum
of money, and that's sad.

Barbara Forbes-Lyons September 27th 05 01:57 AM

He passes off poor quality Chinese lampwork as 'artisan-made'. The
beads in that auction are worth about $25, maybe.

----------
Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay & Justbeads:penguintrax

0
/O\

Nurturing doesn't end at birth: breastfeed, co-sleep, babywear.

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness.
(Dave Barry)

Need quality, inexpensive web hosting? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com. Shopping carts, blogs, image galleries, content management and more!

Lara September 27th 05 02:00 AM

AUGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--

Check out my eBay auctions: http://snipurl.com/8fa3
"Kalera" wrote in message
This kinda makes me sad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/AustinHamilton-W...s-b1045_W0QQit
emZ5035196619
--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com

katieW. September 27th 05 02:11 AM

Wow.

I always wondered why every one of his sets seems to have the same
designs, just in different colors, but then I just figured that he'd
hit upon a combination that was easy for him to make and was appealing
to his target audience.

Glad to know.

If I'm gonna drop $$$ on lampwork, I want to know I am supporting the
artist.... heck, I think I've helped build room additions for
some....... LOL!!!!

katie

Kandice Seeber September 27th 05 04:59 AM

Because they misprepresent the beads as being handmade and annealed by them
when they are imported unannealed lampwork, and because this seller has
exhibited unscrupulous business practices, including copyright infringement
(of text) many times. They're dishonest.

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net