CraftBanter

-   Jewelry (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Oval bezels - where to buy? (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=65674)

Jscott67 February 25th 06 05:49 AM

Oval bezels - where to buy?

Good day, I am on the hunt for silver, oval, tube bezels for a gift for
jewelry making friend.

I understand they are also called rubover
collets and rollover settings. I have been searching high and low and
have yet to find them. Any help (or proper names) would be greatly
appreciated. Thank you!
Julie

Ted Frater February 25th 06 06:01 PM

Oval bezels - where to buy?

Jscott67 wrote:
Good day, I am on the hunt for silver, oval, tube bezels for a gift for
jewelry making friend.

I understand they are also called rubover
collets and rollover settings. I have been searching high and low and
have yet to find them. Any help (or proper names) would be greatly
appreciated. Thank you!
Julie

this type of setting is usuaklly made up by the item maker to fit around
the stone to be set.
these are made from silver or gold strip of a suitable thickness and
ductility, cut to fit around the stone, soldered up then soldered to the
base.
Because ofthis,theres no demand for them , so thats why you cant find
them. Its so quick and easy to make.