CraftBanter

-   -   What do your qults say? (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=29712)

Diana Curtis January 27th 04 05:16 PM

The ultimate compliment for our quilts.. QIs starting their lives on it and
children dragging them around cause they love them soooo much.
Someday is soon enough for the heirloom quilt.
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker
"Two x over" wrote in message
Listen to it them more closely ... I think I hear one saying that you can
make more complicated ones but not yet, not unless you dont mind finding
your perfectly cut pieces being used to wash a teddy bear. :-)
Diana

right you are diana!!! they also say, we like to be used, and be cuddled
with....that lady HATES making quilts for people to be told "its so

pretty, i
wont use it".....we want to know that in a few years someone's dog will

have
puppies on us grin.......
betsey
"we do not inherit the earth, we caretake it for our children"

Diana Curtis January 27th 04 05:18 PM

Welcome back Deb! You just wander around to your hearts content and sit when
youre good and ready...but dont expect any of your brownies to be sitting
around waiting for you!
You have sassy quilts. Go figure, eh?! ;-)
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"DeB Shaw" wrote in message
Mine say ... "When are you E-V-E-R-r-r-r-r-rrr gonna' get that

Assymetrical
RR girl of Katherine's done so's you can spend some time with us?!?!?!???

We
miss you, MoM." *sniffle, sniffle, wet smooches*

Yepperz ...... I'm BACKKKKkkkkkkk, and can't wait to sort thru all this
chatter. grins Don't pull me up a seat yet. I want to wander around a

bit,
just to see what everyone's been up to. I'll just set these brownies down
right here, and ya'll can help yourself to them, but don't get that gooey
caramel all over B'flys new machine. I'm anxious to see how that thing's
working out for her.

DeB Shaw
Queen of the *Northern Lights*

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
If your quilts could talk, what would they say about your personality?
Diana, going now to take all the pictures of her quilts off yahoo. ..
kidding.. lol

Lisa Ellis January 27th 04 05:30 PM

The cats heap lavish praise upon my quilts - they are so, so comfy and
warm. Purrfect, in fact...

lisae

Diana Curtis wrote:
And just what do your cats say about your quilts?
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

"Lisa Ellis" wrote in message

What do my quilts day about my personality?

Well, on the surface they say I like squares, I like simple shapes, I
really like fabric, and I really like color. On the next level, they
say I am rooted in tradition, although my style is unique. They say I
don't follow trends. They also say I have cats...

lisae

Sandy Foster January 27th 04 06:14 PM

In article ,
"Diana Curtis" wrote:

After looking at the newest creation by Wendy (frood) and the beginnings of
another Jalynne and I discussed the topic, do our quilts reflect who we are?
Im not talking about the quilt that we made for Aunt Mabel in shades of plum
and puce geometrics cause thats what she asked for to go with her newly
decorated bedroom... but the ones we make for ourselves, to satisfy our
inner creative urges.
If your quilts could talk, what would they say about your personality?
Diana, going now to take all the pictures of her quilts off yahoo. ..
kidding.. lol

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

Mine must think I'm several different people, since they run the gamut
from staid and sedate to scrappy and slightly wild. I don't think I've
gone completely wild yet, though. ;) Some of my quilts are still tops,
and they're just begging me to finish them! g
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
my ISP is earthlink.net -- put s-foster@ in front

Diana Curtis January 27th 04 10:43 PM

Youre one of those rare, well balanced people. Thats all. No shame in that.
Just wait till you do go completely wild tho... there is no turning back
after that. It does something to a person.
:-)
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

julia sidebottom January 27th 04 11:30 PM

I think about this all the time when I make a quilt. All of my quilts, I
feel, have to have 'life'. The ones that I do for myself I do my best to
express in the colors and patchwork who I am... Usually very colorful and
scrappy. Or warmer colors that reflect the times or the warmth I want other
to know who bundle up in one at my house. The scrappy quilts, I am told,
best reflect my personality because I am so 'colorful' at time and have so
many different parts of my personality that come through in the quilts.

juliasb

LN \(remove NOSPAM\) January 28th 04 12:07 AM

Finesse isn't my style. :D

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

" Ellison" wrote in message
m...
Howdy!
Of course, more than one. I sent her the first, Little Browns,
which she has used under her laptop computer for a few years.
As Queen of Beggars, I'm very proud of LN, one of the best
students. Such spirit, determination, and persistence she has!
Of course, she skipped the class on Finesse, but that doesn't
seem to have hurt her case; she doubled up on the one in
Stomping Your Way to the Freebies.

Ragmop/Sandy
"kjbs" wrote in message
LN, I'm curious... has your begging ever resulted in anyone
sending you a quilt?

Kelly
Beaverton, OR

"LN (remove NOSPAM)" wrote in
message ...
They have BIG mailboxes here for quilty packages.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér
all in all --- a very slow quilter.... So send quilts!
http://photos.yahoo.com/lns_obsessed

wrote in message
She must be all settled in now. That's the first beg

I've seen since the
house
move ...
--
Anne in CA, wishing I could be half so smooth ...
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've

got." -- Sheryl
Crow
http://home.covad.net/~arudolph/annes.htm

"LN (remove NOSPAM)" wrote:

I'm sure everyone's quilt is saying, "Send me to

LN's!"

--
LN Feeling chilly in NH (snail avail upon request)

---

LN \(remove NOSPAM\) January 28th 04 12:10 AM

Nope, they are still there. Just go to my photo page and click on Quilt
Gifts.

Send your quilt today and you too could appear in LN's Quilt Gifts Hall of
Fame.
--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér
all in all --- a very slow quilter.... So send quilts!
http://photos.yahoo.com/lns_obsessed

"Kathy Applebaum" wrote in message
om...
She used to have pictures on her photo page of all the quilts she had been
sent, but I see they aren't there anymore. Maybe she's afraid people will
think she doesn't need any more.

I know of at least three she successfully begged... (one of which was from
me.)

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps

---

Lorilynn King January 28th 04 12:16 AM

LN, you are shameless!

--
Lori in Colorado
http://www.users.qwest.net/~lsquared/

Kathy Applebaum January 28th 04 12:46 AM

Okay, call me dense (I've been called worse!)

I clicked on the link and see 8 albums. None are titled "Quilt Gifts". I
checked in several likely ones, and nothing inside them labeled Quilt
Gifts... help!