CraftBanter

-   -   What do your qults say? (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=29712)

Jalynne January 27th 04 08:01 AM

Your hearing must be going (old age will do that, you know), because you're not
hearing them right. They're saying "Send me to Jalynne's".
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

"LN (remove NOSPAM)" wrote in message
I'm sure everyone's quilt is saying, "Send me to LN's!"

--
LN Feeling chilly in NH (snail avail upon request)

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
After looking at the newest creation by Wendy (frood) and the beginnings

of
another Jalynne and I discussed the topic, do our quilts reflect who we

are?
Im not talking about the quilt that we made for Aunt Mabel in shades of

plum
and puce geometrics cause thats what she asked for to go with her newly
decorated bedroom... but the ones we make for ourselves, to satisfy our
inner creative urges.
If your quilts could talk, what would they say about your personality?
Diana, going now to take all the pictures of her quilts off yahoo. ..
kidding.. lol

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker

---

cas January 27th 04 09:06 AM

ok (leaving J's post in seeing as Di didn't get it) - now I have to think
bout this
The real me quilts usually have black backgrounds although some have other
colours (usually solids though) and bright colours that stand out more cos
of the black. Sometimes the backgrounds seem to overwhelm the quilts (to
some people anyways) and I s'pose that's the part that shows what people
usually see of me - conservative and boring - but then the colour jumps out
and whacks you when you're not expecting it - just like me stirring up
trouble when people least expect it. I s'pose the shapes (usually diamonds
and hexagons and occasionally interlocking circle shapes) show my more
logical and analytical side - takes a few close inspections to see the
smaller shapes making up the larger obvious shapes.
ohhh .. and the black backgrounds don't show the quilt inspector's trail
(black poodle hair) so that's the practical side of me.
And my kaleidoscope keeps screaming at me to finish it cos it's decided on
it's own name (will be my first quilt with a name) and wants to be
introduced into society as soon as possible. (show off that it is)

cas

"Jalynne" wrote in message
link.net...
At first glance, one would think that the quilts i make for myself (which

no one has
actually seen yet, since they're either in the works or design phase) are

plain and
boring, but when you look closer, you can see that there is much more than

meets the
eye at first glance. I'm a lot like that. Full of character and fun.

I'm simple,
yet complex. I am conservative and traditional, but like the occasional

splash of
the unexpected. The quilts i make for others say something about me, too.

It says
that I love them so much, that I will set aside my personal preferences to

make
something that I know they will cherish. Is that was you were getting at,

Di?

Marijke January 27th 04 12:20 PM

My quilts would say:

"You know, Mom really can't make up her mind what she likes! First, she has
this beautiful whole cloth quilt on her bed that she adores, then she has
this sampler in repro fabrics, both (sampler pattern and repro fabrics)
something that she said she couldn't stand at one time, and now it's her
favourite quilt. Go figure.

But, seriously, Mom prefers the quilts that show off her handquilting so
that would mean the wholecloth and her beloved tulip quilt. Personally, I
think Mom has lost it though.... she's collecting as many brights as she can
for this new project she has in her head. I'm really nervous about what
she's planning.....I mean, you should see that baby quilt she just sent off
to someone. She should have written a warning label on the package to wear
sunglasses before opening. I mean really! Orange and yellow and neon green..
.. on a baby quilt? What was she thinking?? Ok, I know babies like bright
colours, but I thought Mom lost it for sure on that one....."

Yeah, that's what my quilts would say about me, I think. ;-)

Marijke, in freezing Montreal
to see some of my quilts (fortunately, you *can't* hear them!) click he
http://photos.yahoo.com/sesesi

Carolyn McCarty January 27th 04 12:47 PM

I hope my quilts say, "That old bat may look crabby and mean, but she loves
pretty, colorful things and she has a warped sense of humor."

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you aren't trying. --Red Green
If it ain't broke, it ain't mine. Carolyn McCarty

Kate Dicey January 27th 04 12:52 PM

kjbs wrote:

LN, I'm curious... has your begging ever resulted in anyone
sending you a quilt?

Kelly
Beaverton, OR

Yes - it was called The beggar's Quilt, and somewhere on this machine is
a picture I must post! It was small enough to post, big enough to hide
a fair number of chocolate buttons from the nosy postal inspectors!

I'm sure it wasn't the only one...

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Bonnie January 27th 04 02:46 PM

I always thought of myself as a traditional quilter, but
lately it's changed. I find myself drawn to dark quilts
with tiny splashes of bright color.

Hmm, wonder what this means.

--
Bonnie, the Quilt Lady
NJ

Diana Curtis January 27th 04 03:10 PM

In every quilt you make, even if it is for someone else it has part of you
in it. So, maybe your quilts say you are a kind, giving person?
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"dogsnus" wrote in message
"Diana Curtis" wrote in
:

If your quilts could talk, what would they say about your personality?

They'd say, "Finish me"!

You know? With the exception of the one I started to make for myself,
I don't feel any of my personality is reflected in them.
I made them for others, and I'm the kind of person who sets
aside my dislikes of something and makes or gives that person
what they_ like instead of what I'd like to give them.
And, even the quilt I started for myself was dictated by the fabric
I had on hand.
In my mind's eye, however, I see a quilt with my personality
in it. I see pastel shades in rows that move over each row by one,
in entirely solid colors, no prints.
I also see one of those GSD wall hangings.

Someday...

Terri