CraftBanter

-   Beads (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   I was almost one son short today (yes, bead related!) (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=5691)

Helen C April 20th 04 01:34 AM

I was almost one son short today (yes, bead related!)

Well this family almost lost it's youngest (soon to be 3 year old if he
makes it that far) son. Home alone with them while DH was helping a friend.
Fell asleep (oops on my part) Woke up and noticed kids were in my bedroom
(where my beading/etc desk is) and the youngest had opened all of my purple
seed beads (well, almost all), emptied them out on the carpeted floor AND
peed on my desk (fortunately it was reasonably clean) Lucky for him I was
able to control myself and let him live but now I'm stuck with a big dish of
15 different colors of purple to sort. Just what I was looking forward to
doing over the next couple of days!!!! And they all came out of mostly full
2x3" ziplog baggies. AURGH!!!!!! But it could have been worse and been ALL
my beads instead of just the purples.

Hopefully someone will get a chuckle out of this. Looking back, I probably
will. And if it had happened to anyone else I'd probably be a little
amused. Oh, my aching neck!!

"IlovemykidsIlovemykidsIlovemykidsIlovemykids
IlovemykidsIlovemykidsIlovemykidsIlovemykids
IlovemykidsIlovemykidsIlovemykidsIlovemykids
IlovemykidsIlovemykidsIlovemykidsIlovemykids"*

*chanting silently to myself over and over again!

Later,

Helen C

Cheryl April 20th 04 01:45 AM

Hopefully someone will get a chuckle out of this. Looking back, I probably
will. And if it had happened to anyone else I'd probably be a little
amused. !

umm - yup
chuckling away.....

it is a miracle that kids live long enough to "grow up" when they pull little
stunts like that!

Cheryl
last semester of lawschool! yipee!
A HREF="http://www.dragonbeads.com" DRAGON BEADS /A
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Barbara Otterson April 20th 04 02:46 AM

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 00:34:40 GMT, "Helen C" wrote:

Well this family almost lost it's youngest (soon to be 3 year old if he
makes it that far) son. Home alone with them while DH was helping a friend.
Fell asleep (oops on my part) Woke up and noticed kids were in my bedroom
(where my beading/etc desk is) and the youngest had opened all of my purple
seed beads (well, almost all), emptied them out on the carpeted floor AND
peed on my desk (fortunately it was reasonably clean) Lucky for him I was
able to control myself and let him live

Reminds me of the time my sister fell asleep. When she woke
up she found my niece sitting in a puddle on the bathroom floor.
The puddle consisted of all the shampoo the little tyke could
reach, plus all the baby oil and baby powder.
She had also found 3 or 4 tubes of lipstick and drawn all
over herself, the walls and floor with them.
Wanna guess how many gallons of water it took to
remove all that gunk?
How well I remember the trials and tribulations of a toddler
with boundless energy and an exhausted mother.....
so glad mine are in their 20s now.....
Barbara
Dream Master
www.dreamweaverstudio.com

If you want to make God laugh, tell him your future
plans.
Woody Allen

Arondelle April 20th 04 02:54 AM

Helen C wrote:
Well this family almost lost it's youngest (soon to be 3 year old if he
makes it that far) son.

And people always asked *why* I never had any kids.... =:-o

Arondelle
To email me, empty the pond with a net
Shop eBay with me: http://snipurl.com/3usr
Visit Arondelle's Dream Worlds at: http://www.arondelle.com
Read my Blog: http://www.angelfire.com/blog/arondelle/index.html

Lee S. Billings April 20th 04 03:17 AM

In article ,
says...

Helen C wrote:
Well this family almost lost it's youngest (soon to be 3 year old if he
makes it that far) son.

And people always asked *why* I never had any kids.... =:-o

SNORK! Sistah!

Celine

--
Handmade jewelry at
http://www.rubylane.com/shops/starcat

Cheri2Star April 20th 04 03:27 AM

Hopefully someone will get a chuckle out of this. Looking back, I probably
will. And if it had happened to anyone else I'd probably be a little
amused. Oh, my aching neck!!

I am, I'm chuckling away. And now I have to share, even if it is a little
gross.

When my brother was a baby, he used to rock - anything, but he would rock the
crib, which was on a hard wood floor. So this one time, he woke up from a nap
with a full diaper, rocked the crib across the room, decorating the wall as he
went. He finally reached the dresser on the other side of the room where the
corn starch was and opened that and shook it hard. My mother finally went in
to him to see why he was so quiet and she screamed bloody murder. I seriously
thought he was bleeding, that's how loud she screamed (I was probably 4 1/2)
She said the corn starch was so thick in the air, she couldn't even see where
the baby was. She didn't even know what to clean first!

I'm convinced that he is the reason I only wanted girls. LOL.

Cheri
(Bubbee to Emily and Nathan)

Bungadora April 20th 04 03:40 AM

Helen C"

Well this family almost lost it's youngest (soon to be 3 year old if he
makes it that far) son. Home alone with them while DH was helping a friend.
Fell asleep (oops on my part) Woke up and noticed kids were in my bedroom
(where my beading/etc desk is) and the youngest had opened all of my purple
seed beads (well, almost all), emptied them out on the carpeted floor AND
peed on my desk

Hey, better than opening your desk and peeing on your beads.
Dora

KDK April 20th 04 03:58 AM

me three!

Kathy K

"Lee S. Billings" wrote in message
ink.net...
In article ,

says...

starlia April 20th 04 04:57 AM

Helen,

OMG! I'm sorry about the pain it will be to sort the beads, but aren't kids
the darnest? Thank you for the chuckle.

Starlia