CraftBanter

-   -   quick quilt for granddaughter (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=99236)

news.sf.sbcglobal.net November 22nd 08 02:12 AM

quick quilt for granddaughter

Maybe someone here can help me decide on a quick quilt for my
granddaughter's 13th birthday. She picked out a fabric with the colors she
liked for her bedroom that is being remodeled. I ordered 3 yards of the
fabric and picked out some fabrics from my stash that would go well with the
fabric. I have a longarm quilter so I can quilt it pretty fast. I will be
getting the fabric that I ordered on the 26th and her birthday is on the
28th of November.

Don't know why I am having so much trouble with this.

Thanks Pat

Pat in Virginia November 22nd 08 02:27 AM

quick quilt for granddaughter

Hello to yet another Pat!! G
Warm wishes is quick, easy, pretty, and the pattern is free! It is on-line
offering of Quiltmaker Magazine. I've made it several times, and always
enjoy it.

Go to www.quiltmaker.com/projectlinus
HTH. PAT in VA/USA

Judie in Penfield NY[_3_] November 22nd 08 03:05 AM

news.sf.sbcglobal.net wrote:
Maybe someone here can help me decide on a quick quilt for my
granddaughter's 13th birthday. She picked out a fabric with the colors she
liked for her bedroom that is being remodeled. I ordered 3 yards of the
fabric and picked out some fabrics from my stash that would go well with the
fabric. I have a longarm quilter so I can quilt it pretty fast. I will be
getting the fabric that I ordered on the 26th and her birthday is on the
28th of November.

Don't know why I am having so much trouble with this.

Thanks Pat

One of my favorites for a quick quilt is the Yellow Brick Road pattern.
It goes together very quickly and always looks good.

Judie

[email protected] November 22nd 08 03:22 AM

quick quilt for granddaughter

http://www.kjbeanne.com/images/lnbhearts-001.jpg This worked up super
fast. it was two 6.5" squares (one focus and one background fabric)
and one 6.5 x 12.5" of focus fabric to make a square. set on point
and then alternate with the 12.5" setting squares of background fabric

I embroidered in the setting squares, but fancy quilting or signatures
would be nice too...

Kellie

Julia in MN[_5_] November 22nd 08 02:49 PM

quick quilt for granddaughter

I feel like I'm sounding like a broken record, but ... Warm Wishes is
always quick and easy. It can be made bed size (or any size you want)
http://quiltmaker.com/patterns/patt83/

Julia in MN

--
-----------
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Pati C. November 22nd 08 05:58 PM

quick quilt for granddaughter

Pat, I would reduce the stress. Don't worry about getting the quilt done
for her birthday. Wrap up the fabric and a note that this will become a
quilt for her "new" room. Perhaps she would like to help pick out a
pattern, and even help make the quilt?? It would be a great gift to her,
if she is interested at all in the process. It would be a gift of time
spent with her as well as the finished quilt. G And a whole lot less
stress on you to finish something too quickly....which is always when I,
at least, tend to make mistakes and do too much reverse sewing. VBG

Pati, in Phx