CraftBanter

-   Machine Knit (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Looking for a knitting machine (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=126967)

suzanne November 6th 11 06:38 PM

Looking for a knitting machine

Hello all! I an a hand knitter and want to buy my first knitting
machine. I have dabbled with a knitting machine before but I cannot
remember for the life of me what it was called. Can anyone suggest a
good beginner knitting machine? Thanks!

King's Crown[_3_] November 6th 11 07:29 PM

Looking for a knitting machine

Not a lot of traffic here. I'd suggest you go to a few other places for
research. Ravelry.com is free and there is a machine knitting group on
their with lots of experienced machine knitters. Do a search in the group
this topic I'm sure has been covered and then ask any questions you might
have.

Join a yahoo group. This is also free. Many machine knitting groups on
their.

Check out machine knitting blogs. I have linked to many that I like on my
blog "Machine Knitting Fun."

Go to youtube.com and watch machine knitting videos. It might help you make
a decision.

Good luck.

Lynne

Carey N. November 8th 11 10:15 PM

Looking for a knitting machine

Could it have been the Bond Incredible Sweater Machine (Bond ISM) or the
Bond Ultimate Sweater Machine (Bond USM), both plastic frame machines? I
know that Singer also has a plastic frame machine.