CraftBanter

-   -   Disappearing 9 patch tutorials (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=91639)

Lisa Caryl[_2_] January 19th 08 05:59 PM

Disappearing 9 patch tutorials

I was cruising the 'net today and I found a couple of blogs that have free
tutorials on this tecnique. I don't recall seeing any posts about it, so
forgive me if it's old news.

The first link shows the tecnique done in a scrappy style.
http://quiltsatcs.blogspot.com/2007/...-tutorial.html
This shows the finished blocks made into small charity quilts.
http://quiltsatcs.blogspot.com/2007/...-progress.html
This blog shows the tecinque used with yardage to make a 40x60 quilt.
http://www.myquiltblog.com/nancyrose/4624/

I think I'm already in love with this and I haven't even made one yet!

--
Lisa Caryl
http://www.picturetrails.com/quiltygurl

remove the obvious to reply

Pati C. January 19th 08 06:07 PM

Disappearing 9 patch tutorials

There are several different "Disappearing NinePatch" designs. G
Nancy Brennen Daniel has a book on them called "Slice 'em and Dice 'em"
that has lots of different ideas for chopping up 9-patch blocks and
reassembling them G
Pati, in Phx

maryd[_3_] January 19th 08 06:46 PM

Disappearing 9 patch tutorials

I made one in 2004 after reading about it here. It is a fun pattern that
changes with the block layout.
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...53386571aCKUQZ

--
Mary
http://community.webshots.com/user/m...host=community

Lisa Caryl[_2_] January 19th 08 08:21 PM

Disappearing 9 patch tutorials

Looks like a good book Pati, I will have to see if we have that at the local
shop. Easy is looking better and better to me these days :-)
Lisa

Lisa Caryl[_2_] January 19th 08 08:22 PM

Disappearing 9 patch tutorials

Good looking quilt Mary! I'm thinking this would be a good way to make a
dent in my scrap box.
Lisa

Alicia January 19th 08 08:42 PM

Disappearing 9 patch tutorials

That's the first time I've ever seen anything on a disappearing nine
patch and I think might try it myself.

Thanks for sharing.

Alicia

maryd[_3_] January 19th 08 09:06 PM

Disappearing 9 patch tutorials

Thanks. I'm thinking I might make another one or two. I have 2
two-year-old grandsons that don't have big boy quilts yet.

Kathy Applebaum January 19th 08 09:19 PM

Disappearing 9 patch tutorials

I've made a number of disappearing 9 patches out of Baseball Swap squares
for our guild's charity projects. If you use novelty / I-spy type prints for
the corners of the 9 patches, you get a fun, fast quilt for kids. They were
tested out by a friend's two four year olds (his and hers, not twins
*grin*), and passed with flying colors.

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

http://fabrictramp.typepad.com/fabric_tramping/
remove the obvious to reply

Sally Swindells January 19th 08 09:50 PM

Disappearing 9 patch tutorials

The first link mentions Karin Hellaby and her book. She is the owner of
my LQS and I can recommend 'Magic Pillows, Hidden Quilts' - its what I
have used for the Quillows I've made so far. NAYY - just shop there -
and their beginners classes have a lot to answer for!!

http://www.quilters-haven.co.uk/

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)